#481 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

View PostSnow Angel, on Jul 22 2006, 01:48 PM, said:

Dammit, I'm back :p

Though I have to say the recent posts put me in a much better mood.  Been thinking about it for a week now, and finally had to point out that this thread is a sin.

For those who made it past the old testament (and all the laws about 'natural behaviour' being discussed above), it kind of goes in a different direction.

Romans 14 (in a really roundabout way) discribes Jesus' teaching nothing is evil or unclean of itself unless it upsets or harms others.  By that reasoning, I suppose you could say homosexuality is a sin, because it makes some people uncomfortable.  But it is only a sin by the judgement of man, not God, and by the same token, saying it's a sin just because you have a right to also offends people and does a lot more harm to them.

Heh. Religion upsets and harms me. Oh, what am I to do?  :angel:
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#482 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

View PostSnow Angel, on Jul 22 2006, 02:48 PM, said:

Though I have to say the recent posts put me in a much better mood.  Been thinking about it for a week now, and finally had to point out that this thread is a sin.

For those who made it past the old testament (and all the laws about 'natural behaviour' being discussed above), it kind of goes in a different direction.

Romans 14 (in a really roundabout way) discribes Jesus' teaching nothing is evil or unclean of itself unless it upsets or harms others.  By that reasoning, I suppose you could say homosexuality is a sin, because it makes some people uncomfortable.  But it is only a sin by the judgement of man, not God, and by the same token, saying it's a sin just because you have a right to also offends people and does a lot more harm to them.

So does that make the people posting in this thread sinners by association and participation?  Add another coal to the hellfires... :devil:

#483 Snow Angel

Snow Angel

Fallen... and I can't get up

• Islander
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

View Postgsmonks, on Jul 22 2006, 02:52 PM, said:

lol, I thought the exact same thing just moments after I posted.
So religion itself is a sin.
I don't know if that's ironic or just nuts :wacko:
Not knowing where the rock came from DOESN'T MAKE IT CHEESE.
--Kissing Hank's [Butt]

#484 Jaimie

Jaimie

provehito in altum

• Islander
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

View PostSnow Angel, on Jul 22 2006, 04:28 PM, said:

So religion itself is a sin.

Just organized religion. ;)

~mundus vult decipi~
"I think the day you think you've figured something out, you're in trouble."

- Shannon Leto

#485 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

View Postgsmonks, on Jul 22 2006, 02:52 PM, said:

I've found that turning the channel on Sunday mornings helps a lot.

#486 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:26 PM

Heh. In my younger days, a bunch of us would get together to pop popcorn and watch Jimmy Swaggart and Peter Popoff. We would roar with laughter at their antics, and for a time Peter was our favourite as he would broadcast from a new location, just a few steps ahead of the law, which was eager to get its hands on him for preaching that people "should stop taking their digoksin and their digitalis" (that's a direct quote), which led to a number of people dying.

Both of these guys were such smarmy used-car salesmen that there was something malignantly endearing about their carnie-acts that made one watch, week after week, with something approaching horrified fascination.

http://www.christian...m/trickery.html

http://www.bible.ca/...ff-39-17Mhz.htm

Edited by gsmonks, 22 July 2006 - 06:42 PM.

#487 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

How could you leave out Jim and Tammy Faye Baker.  There's a woman who's on that TBN network who seems to have taken Tammy's place wearing more war paint than a French whore.

#488 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

View PostCaesar of the Stars, on Jul 18 2006, 06:07 AM, said:

Why wouldn't masturbation be a sin?  All sperm is potential life provided a guy could find a mate.

That's true--"Every Sperm Is Sacred", after all.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#489 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

^^^^Sing it with me now, "Every sperm is sacred, if a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irrate"

LOL.  Great googley moogley that was a lot of kids.  Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Edited by Caesar of the Stars, 22 July 2006 - 09:28 PM.

#490 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

H'm . . . the average number of sperm per ejaculation varies from 40 to 500 million.

Let's rough-average that, for the sake of simplicity, to 100 million.

The average male ejaculates roughly 5000 times in a lifetime.

If every spermatazoa was sacred, and was actually bred, that would mean each male would produce around 500 billion offspring in a lifetime.

So given the total human population, we'd all be buried alive in a sea of sacred humanity that would cover the earth in a layer of bodies around 10 miles deep.

And this seething pile of sacred humanity would soon die from diseases resulting from cannibalism, as there'd be nothing else to eat besides sacred human flesh.

I think that if life truly were sacred, people wouldn't die. But as people do die, and always have and always will, and as the alleged Creator of the Universe obviously doesn't value the lives of the beings he allegedly created, I think it's a safe bet that the term "sacred" applies only to peoples' beliefs, and not to the real world.

#491 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:32 PM

View Postgsmonks, on Jul 22 2006, 09:23 PM, said:

H'm . . . the average number of sperm per ejaculation varies from 40 to 500 million.

Let's rough-average that, for the sake of simplicity, to 100 million.

The average male ejaculates roughly 5000 times in a lifetime.

If every spermatazoa was sacred, and was actually bred, that would mean each male would produce around 500 billion offspring in a lifetime.

So given the total human population, we'd all be buried alive in a sea of sacred humanity that would cover the earth in a layer of bodies around 10 miles deep.

And this seething pile of sacred humanity would soon die from diseases resulting from cannibalism, as there'd be nothing else to eat besides sacred human flesh.

I think that if life truly were sacred, people wouldn't die. But as people do die, and always have and always will, and as the alleged Creator of the Universe obviously doesn't value the lives of the beings he allegedly created, I think it's a safe bet that the term "sacred" applies only to peoples' beliefs, and not to the real world.

Well, when you put it like that..."Every sperm is sacred, if a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irrate".  j/k  10 miles deep, huh?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Religion, Homosexuality, Sin, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users