• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 12:55 AM

http://story.news.ya...truck_bodies_40

This doofus drove them across the border, then went off and left them to die. There ARE a few things more contemptible in life (like child molesting, maybe) but to bring those poor people across the border and then walk off to leave them dead and dying?  :angry:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#2 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 12:59 AM

Ack... if the allegations are true, I hope he gets the worst punishment possible.

At least he chose the death penalty capital to (allegedly) commit his crimes....
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#3 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:18 AM

Javert Rovinski, on May 15 2003, 03:46 PM, said:

Ack... if the allegations are true, I hope he gets the worst punishment possible.

At least he chose the death penalty capital to (allegedly) commit his crimes....
He's already admitted that he did the deed. The only place where the stories diverge is that he claims he opened the trailer (the authoritities say the people were locked in) and that he went to a Houston hospital to tell them about the people. Huh??

But there's no argument about the fact that he did indeed drive them across the border and leave them there to die.

Here's additional info on the CBS news site:

http://www.cbsnews.c...ain553833.shtml

Apparently one of the immigrants actually managed a 911 call saying people were suffocating, but they lost the signal. So sad.

The CBS article was posted before the truck driver confessed. He originally told his wife his truck was hijacked and he was forced to abandon it and run for his life.

Edited by Rhea, 16 May 2003 - 01:28 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#4 Ro-Astarte

Ro-Astarte

goddess of love and blowing things up

• Islander
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:26 AM

Incomprehensible what people are willing to do to each other, isn't it?  :glare:

Ro

#5 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:30 AM

^

Well, I meant in the legal sense that he hasn't been convicted or plead guilty to formal charges yet. There's no doubt in my mind that he actually did it. :).
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#6 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:55 AM

Lock him in his own trailer and forget him.

Greedy people.  :angry:

#7 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:03 AM

Yup this is one of those cases where "Let the Punishment fit the crime" seems just.

:angry:
Posted Image

#8 Laoise

Laoise

I am bounce around so well

• Islander
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:28 AM

I knew I hated people for a reason. :(
Being Liberal means never having to say you're Tory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users