#22 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:20 PM

Here is one they never saw coming.

-----------------------------------------

Six had just landed on Earth.

Finally the elusive home of the 13th tribe was located!

The scanners detected several hundered life signs nearby.  She quickly donned her red dress as it seemed to facilitate conversation with the human males. Unfortunately she did not have matching shoes.

"Frak!  Of all the things to forget!" So she put on some old black pumps and prepared to exit.

When she opened the shuttle hatch, an old woman barged her way into the ship.

"Who are you and why are you here? Don't you know this is My territory? When I get through with you I....."  

Six did not have time for this so she knocked her out and stowed her in the cockpit.  That was when she noticed the shoes.  A dark ruby red that just matched her dress. They glowed and sparkled.  In a flash, the shoes were on her own feet and she stepped out into the bright sunshine.  Six looked around to see if any of the humans she had scanned were present.  She saw someone dart quickly from shadow to shadow.  It looked like a child. Then she saw another, also a child. She re-checked her scanner.

All children. No one in scanning range over a half meter tall.

Something caught the corner of her eye and she looked up. A large gray object was coming down right on top of her.  She ran to the shuttle for protection but even her Cylon reflexes were not fast enough to avoid it.

When the dust settled the shuttle was flattened and only Six's feet and the ruby slippers were not under the old farmhouse that had dropped out of the sky.  A shaken young girl emerged holding a small dog.

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

BSG crossover with The Wizard of Oz

#23 spitfire

spitfire
  • Islander
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

thats too far out side - just like the austin powers crossover.
Adama: We're in a shooting war. We need something to shoot with.

#24 Sinister Dexter

Sinister Dexter

You win this time, Clerks...

• Islander
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

Narf!  :lol:
Rommie: I just want a day where I can build missiles and tweak fire control in peace
Beka: We need to find you a hobby
Rommie: That IS my hobby

Daniel: She's Hathor, the goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music
Jack: Sex, drugs and rock & roll?

Moist Von Lipvig: Oh, all right. Of course I accept as a natural born criminal, habitual liar, fraudster and totally untrustworthy perverted genius
Lord Vetinari: Capital! Welcome to government service!

Mary Raven: ....your house smells weird
Dr Vukovic: It smells of SCIENCE!

Wooster: Why is it, do you think, Jeeves, that the thought of the "little thing" my Aunt Dahlia wants me to do for her fills me with a nameless foreboding?
Jeeves: Experience, sir?

#25 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:22 AM

View Postspitfire, on Feb 7 2007, 01:52 PM, said:

thats too far out side - just like the austin powers crossover.
Yeah - I kinda scared myself when I read what I had written.  It was one of those ideas that just hit me and took only 5 minutes to write down, and half of that was looking up the quote at the end to make sure I got it right.

#26 D.Lerious

D.Lerious

Queen of the Potato people

• Islander
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

View PostSinister Dexter, on Feb 7 2007, 11:10 AM, said:

Narf!  :lol:

Lol! I agree! :p  :p  :lol:

#27 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

As before, I own none of this.

Six was in the fire fight of her several lives.  The basestar had taken a sever beating in the last encounter with the Colonials and now Galactica was pounding it mercilessly.  As her command deck exploded in flame, she anticipated the extreme burn of the explosion, followed by the reconstitution and waking up in a genesis chamber.  She hated the slime as much as the pain of being burned alive.

What happened next she (nor anyone else) could anticipate.  Instead of waking up in slimy goo, she had fallen into some kind of bizare eliptical tunnel.  It stretched for kilometers straitght ahead, with alternating rings of black and white.  Sparks were flying all around her, coming from small electrical explosions.  She heard several simultaneous gasps and turned her head to see some ancient computer equipment  and a woman in a white lab coat running toward her.

"Where am I?" she asked as Dr MacGregor half carried, half dragged her out of the tunnel.

"I am afraid the answer to that is classified" an older white haired man said who was clearly in charge. "What I am alowed to say is that I am Lt. General Heywood Kirk and you have stumbled into a top secret instalation of the United States military. Apparently we brought you here with that." He pointed to the tunnel.

As she looked at it, two side bars came forward and she saw  a picture of a ship on an ocean.  The name on the rear was "TITANIC."  

A pair of armed guards entered the room and flanked her.  "Shall we take her to lock-up, sir?"

"No - she can stay for now. Perhaps we can send her back. Just keep an eye on her here."

"Aye, sir." They put her in handcuffs and seated her in a far corner of the room.

Over the next few hours she watched the screen follow two men around the ship; them try to warn  the captain of the peril of striking an iceberg. Some of the terminology was unfamiliar, but watching intently and observing the people in the room led her to the conclusion that she was on Earth, and watching an incident of the past, a disaster where this ship sank and most of the people died. They were trying desperately to figure how to get their 2 men back before they shared the fate of the others. She wanted to break free and try to activate the tunnel to return to her own time and place.  Since this "tunnel" seemed to be some kind of time and space displacement device, she had no clue if she were in the past present or future compared to where she came from.  She did realize it was thousands of light-years from the battle she was pulled from.

The ship hit the berg.  It was sinking quickly.  Drs Swaim and MacGregor worked the controls furiously to retrieve "Tony" and "Doug" under the watchful eye of the General.  The guards were transfixed by what they saw on the screen in the tunnel.  Suddenly there were explosions and plasma discharges from deep in the tunnel.  Six knew that her only chance to return and report on this was now. She ran for the tunnel and dove into the plasma discharges before her guards could react.

The next thing she knew, she was on tilted deck of the ship she had seen on the screen.  She saw Tony and Doug de-materalize as she fell over and slid toward the icy water.

No problem for a fully functional cylon, but she had been injured by both the explosion on the basestar and the plasma discharges from that "time - tunnel."   As she slid benieth the water, she could feel her breath slip away.  As she looked up thru the water sinking, the hulk of the vessel was coming right at her.

#28 Sinister Dexter

Sinister Dexter

• Islander
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

Now that's just downright evil...
Rommie: I just want a day where I can build missiles and tweak fire control in peace

Moist Von Lipvig: Oh, all right. Of course I accept as a natural born criminal, habitual liar, fraudster and totally untrustworthy perverted genius

Wooster: Why is it, do you think, Jeeves, that the thought of the "little thing" my Aunt Dahlia wants me to do for her fills me with a nameless foreboding?

#29 D.Lerious

D.Lerious

• Islander
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

View PostSinister Dexter, on Aug 20 2007, 10:28 AM, said:

Now that's just downright evil...

I agree! :devil:  :devil:

Edited by D.Lerious, 08 September 2007 - 02:57 PM.

#30 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

How she had lived thru the blast Six had no idea. But here she was, on the surface of a small planet, barely big enough to support an atmosphere.  But there was some water and plantlife so she should be able to exist here for some time until a rescue team comes looking for her, or a centurion patrol investigates this rock.  Since she would not be showing up in the ressurection ship she would be assumed (for a while at least) to still be alive.

After making herself at home for a couple of standard days, she heard the sound of footsteps. Something mechanical caught the corner of her eye and she whipped around. Nothing.

"Maybe my circuits got a bit scrambled from the blast or landing here," she thought.  A couple of hours later she heard it again and went to investigate.  What she saw was something she had no frame of reference for at all. There were 4 humanoid looking ... creatures?... about 1.5-1.8 meters tall, with some kind of vacuum suit on but no helmet.  Their skin was pallid white and they all seemed to have mechanical implants of various kinds, including occular. They were looking at a part of ship wrekage that had probably been part of her ship.  It looked like it might be a comm system.

"Hey - leave that alone! That's mine!" she shouted, and immediately wished she had kept quiet.

As one, they turned to her and a thousand voices echoed in her head as they moved to catch her:

"We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!"

#31 D.Lerious

D.Lerious

• Islander
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Aack! the one sentence no one wants to ever hear! :crazy:  :blink:

btw- is it me or did the borg get too softcore during the Voyager years?

Edited by D.Lerious, 06 October 2007 - 01:43 PM.

#32 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:11 AM

View PostD.Lerious, on Oct 6 2007, 02:42 PM, said:

btw- is it me or did the borg get too softcore during the Voyager years?
If you remember Janeway gave the Borg the way to defeat Species 8472 and as part of the deal they were to leave Voyager alone.  For the most part they upheld their agreement.  It did make them look weak or soft.

#33 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

This one was suggested by my dear wife:

Again I own nothing of this.

======================================================================

When she had stopped last to calculate the final jump to earth, Six had been only 4 light years away, in the vicinity of a small trinary star system the terrans knew as Alpha A, B and Proxima Centauri. It was there the scanners in her Heavy Raider picked up hundreds of EM transmissions from earth in at least a dozen different languages; some audio only and some with video, in both analog and digital formats. These transmissions helped her lock in the final coordinats of the elusive 13th tribe.

She decided to wait a few minutes to listen to the transmissions and find out as much as she could about this "Earth" and its people as she could before actually jumping there.  Her cylon brain made quick work of deciphering the many different languages.  She heard news stories; a flood in a place called India, earthquakes in a place called California, a volcano erupting in Indonesia.  Wars going on in many places. They apparently had nuclear power and only planetary orbital space travel. And dozens of seperate governments that did not cooperate with each other.  A single planet with such a divided infrastructure - this is going to  be easy.  It would take 2, at the most 3, Basestars to completely destroy humanity from this orb.

And that was a very good thing.  The Cylon fleet was stretched almost to the breaking point and taking out the final destination of the Colonials would give them a much needed respite and not deplete supplies too badly.  Then let the Colonials run. They had no where to go. They could be mopped up at any time.

Still half-listening to the broadcasts, she heard someone talking about this new vaccine, a cure for cancer. Her attention was taken over. It was being distributed world wide and immunization was being required by all governments. As a cylon, Six was immune to such diseases but she knew what cancer was.  In her days on Caprica before the attack, she had seen several humans die in unspeakable pain from cancers.  She also knew that President Rosalyn of the Colonials had an advanced case. "Too bad that will be lost to them," she thought, "The 13th tribe will be long gone by the time the Colonials get here."  With that, she fired up the FTL drive and engaged, only to be bucked out of hyperspace an instant later, still in the same place.  Warning alarms were going off all over the place. She quickly turned them off.

Her scanners showed a massive temporal flux node right on her way to earth.  The safetys had disabled the FTL just in time to keep her from entering it and ending up in some other time altogether, returning her instead to the point of origin.  These nodes could throw you thousands of standard years ahead or back according to cylon research, and as far as she knew, there was no returning. So she programed a 2 step jump to avoid the flux node by a couple of light years.  As she briefly left hyperspace she took an optical scan of the flux node from that angle. A few seconds later she was orbiting earth. All the transmissions were silent. There seemed to be an operational power grid but it was not being used. "What the frak happened?" she wondered as she set the craft into an automated decent to land outside a very large port city on a northern continent.

She landed and the scanners beeped that the images of the node were ready to view.  "Later" she thought. It was just past mid-day and her reciever crackeled to life.  Someone was broadcasting a voice message in a language that was very difficult for her to understand.  He seemed to be saying something about being alone, and if anyone heard him to meet him at ....something. She could not understand the word. Stepping out of the raider, she made her way toward the city, now devoid of life.  What she saw stunned her: Motorized transport vehicles filled the roadways but they had no one in them. Vegatation grew from cracks in the pavement.  Buildings taller than any she had seen on Caprica looked totally abandoned. She saw some wild fauna running down one road that was not compelety impassable.

Then she found a "New York Times," a collection of sheets of paper with writing on them. Both sides. Page after page. The writing did not look like anything she had seen before, but the computer on the Raider was able to translate much of it.

At some point in time within the last 4 years, society had broken down. It had something to do with that vaccine she had heard about at the Centauri system. It killed people or turned them into a sub-human form that was painfully alergic to daylight. "It looks like eventually it killed EVERYONE" she said to no one. She read on as best as she could.  It seemed there were a few humans that did not receive the vaccine for some reason and they were being evacuated and sent off-world in hopes of finding and colonizing another planet. In all about 1800 people left in 12 rocket ships. As it was about dusk she headed back for the shelter of the Raider to avoid the carnivors that surely must hunt here at night. Darkness fell about a klick from it.

As she approached the raider, she could see a ring of pale skinned humanoids encircling it, perhaps a hundred strong. They saw her and charged.  She was armed only with a side-arm blaster and cleanly killed about 20 before being captured herself.  Loging in to the Raider computer mentally, she aimed its weaponry and killed about 50 more.  Those holding her dragged her into the basement of a nearby building and out of the line of fire of the craft. She could have easily fought off this number of humans, but these creatures were strong beyond belief. They did not even bother killing her first as they started to feed on her.  Her last command to the raider before she became unconsious was to broadcast an automated warning message to both Cylons and Colonials: STAY AWAY.

Back on the Raider, one of the creatures found out how to open the hatch.  He looked at a videoscreen playing the images collected of the node.  It showed 12 earth rockets approaching it and then being swallowed into it.

On their sides were the names:

Aquaria
Canceron
Aerelon
Gemenon
Caprica
Libris
Picon
Sagittaron
Scorpia
Tauron
Virgon

The End
=====================================================

Battlestar Galactica/I am Legend crossover

#34 Sinister Dexter

Sinister Dexter

• Islander
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

Kudos!

Lot of people are saying that's going to be how it works out on the show.

#35 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:22 PM

bump

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users