• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:20 PM

Mom has quadruplets 3 years after triplets

LOS ANGELES - With fertility drugs, Angela Magdaleno had triplets three years ago. Last week, she had quadruplets without fertility drugs.

Her two boys and two girls were healthy and doing well Wednesday after being born July 6 by Caesarean section in what doctors said was a rare occurrence of multiple births.

That's pretty darn amazing!

Three years ago, Magdaleno gave birth to her triplets after undergoing in vitro fertilization. She said her husband wanted many children.

After their birth, she thought she was done having babies. Then she got pregnant with the quadruplets.

"She wanted to run," said her husband Afredo Anzaldo, 45, who lays carpet for a living.

When the quadruplets come home, Magdaleno will have help from two older daughters, Kelly Moreno, 17, and Stephanie Anzaldo, 15.

I'm sure glad he wanted lots of kids! I feel sorry for the two older girls tho - I bet they get stuck helping out a whole lot.

Heres what makes me wince:

All 11 family members will be living in a one-bedroom apartment in East Los Angeles. Magdaleno said the living room is large and the babies are small, but she isn't sure what the family will do when they get bigger.

Duh. Wonder how long till the oldest girl either leaves for college or gets married to get out of there?

And then there's this -

When the older girls are at school and her husband is at work, a friend has offered to help with the newborns and the triplets. All seven are in cloth diapers that have to be changed and laundered.

"It's a lot of work," their mother said.

All 7 in cloth diapers????? The triplets are 3 now - shouldn't they be toilet trained by now?

'shana

#2 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:41 PM

::Rhea picks her eyeballs up off the floor and reinserts them::

Oh, dear sweet heaven!! Three preschoolers and 4 new babies plus 2 older girls and they've living in a friggin' one-bedroom apartment!!!  :eek:

The good news is that for some reason, multiple births tend to equal many gifts - someone will no doubt read of their plight and give them a house.  :devil:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

Seven in cloth diapers?!! :eek2:  :eek2:  :eek2:  :eek2:  :eek2:  I remember what life was like when my three youngest sibs were in cloth diapers!!   :unsure:   But seven!!   :eh:  

Rinsing poopy diaper in flushing toilet bowl flashbacks  :oh:  

Yeah, those older girls have a tough row to hoe.   :unsure:  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#4 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

More info just read this in the Dallas Morning News:

When the quadruplets come home, Magdaleno will have help from two older daughters. Another daughter, 19, lives elsewhere.

OK.. so they have *10* kids... wonder if it's a "yours mine and ours kinda thing"?

#5 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

Maybe Diane Sawyer will take an interest in them and help them get some freebies.   :wideeyed:

#6 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:18 PM

Well, I imagine they do need help.

Earplugs and duct tape at the very least!

#7 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

Duct tape? :eek4:

#8 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:04 AM

View PostShoshana, on Jul 13 2006, 08:54 PM, said:

When the quadruplets come home, Magdaleno will have help from two older daughters. Another daughter, 19, lives elsewhere.

OK.. so they have *10* kids... wonder if it's a "yours mine and ours kinda thing"?

Well her 17 yr old has a different last name then her or the other children's father so it's a good bet she's had at least one other relationship where she had children.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#9 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:59 PM

View PostShoshana, on Jul 13 2006, 05:54 PM, said:

No, they have 9 kids - 4 +3+2 (big difference :p :p :p) at home and one not at home

Edited by Rhea, 14 July 2006 - 01:00 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#10 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:29 AM

View PostCaesar of the Stars, on Jul 13 2006, 11:26 PM, said:

Duct tape is the miracle tool.

#11 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:27 AM

View PostShoshana, on Jul 15 2006, 01:29 AM, said:

View PostCaesar of the Stars, on Jul 13 2006, 11:26 PM, said:

Duct tape is the miracle tool.

http://www.eatmyhams...e...f+Duct+Tape   ;)

#12 Aes Sedai

Aes Sedai

The Unknown Ajah

• Islander
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

View PostRhea, on Jul 13 2006, 12:41 AM, said:

Oh, dear sweet heaven!! Three preschoolers and 4 new babies plus 2 older girls and they've living in a friggin' one-bedroom apartment!!!  :eek:

The good news is that for some reason, multiple births tend to equal many gifts - someone will no doubt read of their plight and give them a house.  :devil:

Good Lord! I hope someone gives them a house...that many in a one bedroom apartment....My GOD!

#13 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

why shoudl someone give them a house for breeding? if they can't take care of the kids they have, and they still had several at home before this pregnancy, in a one bed flat - the triplets and two older girls, that's seven people! plus the at least one they got pregnant with - 8 they had planned for, turns out its 10. If they can't care for them they shouldn't have 'em!
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#14 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:59 PM

Triplets with fertility drugs in a one-bedroom apartment is bad enough; getting pregnant again while still in the one-bedroom apartment is irresonsible.  But someone or some organization will probably reward them for overbreeding and get them into a larger place; then they can try to get a good agent and sell their story to a tabloid, then the book deal, then the movie of the week...  I can suggest a couple of places to use the duct tape to prevent them having any more.......

Themis
Cats will never be extinct!

#15 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:14 PM

^^^^

Well, all I can say in her defense is that since it took fertility drugs to get pregnant last time....she most likely thought that it would take fertility drugs to get pregnant again.

Okay, most of us know that is not good logic all the time.  That it is possible that it can happen again even without 'help'

But Chadee....you can't say they planned for 8.  They had the three older girls ( not necessarily planned for either). The they decided to try again...kind of a second family.  Nobody who goes on fertility drugs plans for multiples.  Yes, it is likely to happen but not always.  Most get only one baby.  Fertility drugs do increase  the risk of  multiples but do not guarantee more than one baby.

This family may very well illicit sympathy and get a new house but they live in Los Angeles, CA....which is not the cheapest place in the world when it comes to rent let alone actually owning property.  Thus not real likely that they will get much in the way of help getting a bigger or new place to live.

(Tho personally....after the triplets I would have gotten my tubes tied AND made him get a vasectomy.)   :D

Edited by trikay, 15 July 2006 - 07:15 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#16 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

no, they probably didn't plan for quads after triplets, but after triplets they should have realised that more kids were a posibility..and four kids plus two parents in a one bed flat? that's too much already.

Adding potentional mores to that was irresponsible, regardless of if it was quads or a single.

And regardless of how it turned out..I don't believe irresponsibility should be rewarded.

Birth control costs less than raising a single, let alone quads.
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#17 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

If any organization or person did help them I think they'd be doing it more for the sake of the children than the parents.

Edited by Caesar of the Stars, 16 July 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#18 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:14 AM

View PostChaddee, on Jul 16 2006, 07:21 PM, said:

no, they probably didn't plan for quads after triplets, but after triplets they should have realised that more kids were a posibility..and four kids plus two parents in a one bed flat? that's too much already.

Adding potentional mores to that was irresponsible, regardless of if it was quads or a single.

And regardless of how it turned out..I don't believe irresponsibility should be rewarded.

Birth control costs less than raising a single, let alone quads.

Like I said....if it had been me, there would have been surgical procedures undertaken by both parties....

After reading the article again, I realized that not only were they living in a small apartment with all those kids and babies but that he works as a carpet layer....which while it might pay good  ( I have no idea) it would not pay enough to keep up with all the bills let alone getting a new house.

Even with that job I'm not sure how they are not on some form of welfare. But the article does not say so.

I love my kids (2) and would have loved to have had a small herd of kids but I was responsible enough personally to realize that it was not financially feasible for me to even think about having more.  

I know there are big families who do find a way to stretch the dollars but they are also not asking for help from anyone else (those that I know anyway) and yes, I did not see a direct plea in the article but i could see people thinking that they must help due to the listed circumstances.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Pregnancy, quads, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users