• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Robert Hewitt Wolfe
  • Demigod
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

Hey guys,

I went to Comic-con and was there most of Saturday.  Unfortunately, aside from White Tiger and Heropa, I didn't really get to hang out with any EIers.  I couldn't hang out at the SciFi booth as I'd planned cause it was not very hang out friendly (design wise, the booth folks were nice, it just wasn't designed for hanging out.)   I gave one of the booth folks a way to get a hold of me if anyone wanted to say hi, but I don't think that worked out particularly well.  So it goes.  If anyone was trying to find me and failed, I apologize profusely.  Thinks just didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

I did leave a bunch of Harry Dresden business cards at the SciFi booth and at the Freebie table, so hopefully some folks found those.  

The Con itself was fun, but waaaaaaaay too big.  I was freaking exhausted just walking around, and I barely saw 1/3rd of the place.

I managed to go to all of two panels.  I hit the 4400 one to say hi to Ira and Craig then I stuck around for the suck-ass Adult Swim one (not enough Venture Bros, too much of everything else).  

I hope everyone had fun.  I suspect Dresden Files will have a much bigger precense next year once we are a huge mega-hit.   :devil:   Think good thoughts.

"There are monsters, there are angels...
There's a peacefulness and a rage inside us all."
----------------------------------
Voice of the Beehive

#2 Smitty

Smitty

"If I knew what was going on I'd really be indignant.&q

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:55 AM

Speaking of Venture Bros., who was in attendance and what bits of news did they mention?

Whither season 3...

-cs™

#3 bobdylanite

bobdylanite

Certifiably Bobsessed

• Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:10 PM

View PostRobert Hewitt Wolfe, on Jul 25 2006, 12:43 AM, said:

I went to Comic-con and was there most of Saturday.  Unfortunately, aside from White Tiger and Heropa, I didn't really get to hang out with any EIers.  I couldn't hang out at the SciFi booth as I'd planned cause it was not very hang out friendly (design wise, the booth folks were nice, it just wasn't designed for hanging out.)   I gave one of the booth folks a way to get a hold of me if anyone wanted to say hi, but I don't think that worked out particularly well.  So it goes.  If anyone was trying to find me and failed, I apologize profusely.  Thinks just didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

*raises hand*

Me and Jid kept checking the Sci-Fi booth for you on saturday, we didn't however ask anyone if they knew if you'd be around.  D'oh.  Sorry we missed you!  

I did leave a bunch of Harry Dresden business cards at the SciFi booth and at the Freebie table, so hopefully some folks found those.
D'oh, we missed these too!  Of course we were both a little disillusioned that the Sci-Fi booth seemed mostly interested in hooking people into signing up for credit cards in order to get a free BSG t-shirt, so I wasn't as careful to scour the booth for freebies as I normally would have been.  (Though I will say the Stargate keychains given out at the Sci-Fi Friday viewing and later at the booth were massively awesome).    

The Con itself was fun, but waaaaaaaay too big.  I was freaking exhausted just walking around, and I barely saw 1/3rd of the place.

I managed to go to all of two panels.  I hit the 4400 one to say hi to Ira and Craig then I stuck around for the suck-ass Adult Swim one (not enough Venture Bros, too much of everything else).
We missed the 4400 panel too!  Owing to the fact that we had been in panels virtually all morning and afternoon and by that time the prospect of lunch took precedence over the 4400 panel... ;)  I would have liked to have seen it though!  It was on the agenda until we realized that sustenance would be required in order to avoid eating our own shirts, or something... :D

I hope everyone had fun.  I suspect Dresden Files will have a much bigger precense next year once we are a huge mega-hit.   :devil:   Think good thoughts.
I know I had a great time, hope you had fun too!  Looking forward to lots of Dresden Files fun next year! :D
The machine guns are roaring, The puppets heave rocks
The fiends nail time bombs to the hands of the clocks
Call me any name you like, I will never deny it
Farewell Angelina, The sky is erupting
I must go where it's quiet.
-Bob Dylan

#4 White Tiger

White Tiger

God, The Universe and everything...

• Islander
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

I hope to see you and Bob, Jid and everyone (especially Ash!!! You CRACKED me up) next year. It was great guys.

By the way...Jills book rules guys...everyone should get it!
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.
And the ONE MILLIONTH POSTER ON EXISLE!

#5 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

What bobdylanite said!

Sorry we missed meeting you.
cervisiam tene rem specta

#6 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:38 PM

View PostWhite Tiger, on Jul 25 2006, 07:11 PM, said:

By the way...Jills book rules guys...everyone should get it!
:D Thanks WT!  

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#7 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

I felt the same way,  i came , I saw, I was down right bleary eyed and exhausted by the end of Saturday.  I  only met with Jill, Gordon et al at dinner Sat night which was fantastic, thank you Gordon for your kindeness and generosity.  As with my usual luck I didnt run into anyone :(

Anyway,  it was quite a zoo this year and I'm not talkin the one with the animals in it LOL
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#8 sftv

sftv
  • Islander
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:12 PM

I checked for Robert a couple of times, but the SciFi booth and their new design (which was unveiled last year) just isn't that great of a place to hang out.  They did have some Dresden files buttons for a while, but giveaways at the booth were pretty sparse (although the Who Wants to be a Superhero? capes seemed to be popular with the kids).

I managed to run into Jill while waiting in line to get into the Straczynski Spotlight panel.  I missed the Stargate keychains (got into the SciFi Friday screening late and thought they'd all been handed out. Should have checked).  The SciFi booth people weren't very helpful and the one publicity person I talked to briefly wasn't very helpful either (including no info or invite to the SciFi reception).  I also heard from one of the Galactica writers that even some of their staff weren't invited to the party, either, so probably best I didn't try to crash it.

I was glad to see SciFi start running a promo for Dresden files during the Eureka debut, though!

Lee Whiteside
SFTV.org Webmaster

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users