Crime Andrea Yates Murder of Children Not Guilty Insanity 2006

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

I couldn't imagine knowing how he thought.  At a guess, I'd imagine he doesn't.

Yep, I got my money on that horse as well. Shame they can't treat "stupid" with medication and therapy eh?

The word insanity means, by definition, that a person is not "sane" - in control of their thoughts, emotions and actions. If her husband had not insisted on more children, if he hadn't put pressure on her to home school the kids, if her doctor had not taken her off the proper medication, she likely would not have killed her children. I blame the husband and the doctor, because Andrea, by all medical and legal definitions, was not responsible for her actions. Somebody should have intervened. And that damn doctor should have his license revoked.

That's exactly my view as well Rhea. I find it really incomprehensible to assign intent, malice or blame to someone that mentally unstable. I don't understand the "hang her high" attitude I see that assigns blame as though she was a rational, coldblooded murder that woke up one day and decided she didn't want kids anymore and just offed them. If that had been the case, I'd not lose a wink of sleep if Texas had fried her but that simply isn't the case, no matter if some want to treat it as such.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, Andrea Yates, Murder of Children, Not Guilty, Insanity, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users