Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

"End of the World-type" RP...anyone interested?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

CHARACTER PROFILES found here!!

*taps on monitor* Hello? :wink:

Anyway, I’m thinking of starting a new RP game…despite the fact that our RP forum is DEAD! Well, hopefully it’s just napping  :whistle: . And I’ve not done a very good job of keeping it going or even playing in any games :blush: .

That being said, if this doesn’t pan out or not many people are interested, that’s okay, too. My backup plan is to design the background and write stories (like I do with all the other campaigns I have but rarely finish :angel:. I think I just like creating). So, the point of this is to see if I should work on this sort of quickly (like in the a couple of weeks before I go back to work) or take my time. Either way is fine; I won’t be dismayed if this doesn’t turn into an RP game, but it would be fun to do one again.

Atomic Sunrise*

“Fifty years ago weapons deemed too terrible for use were employed on a worldwide scale. A global nuclear exchange destroyed civilization as we know it and wiped out ninety-five percent of human life on Earth.  The cities were incinerated and governments toppled, while the human race burned away.  

At this point in time only the very old—and there are few of them remaining--remember or know for certain how the nuclear war came to be, but those whose parents talked about the war say tensions ran high between the vast and powerful nations of that day. A rogue organization, friend to none of the great nations, detonated a nuclear weapon in an American city, and in the anger and confusion that followed, a larger, senseless war could not be avoided.

Despite the billions killed and the millions more that died in the aftermath as food and supplies became scarce, there were survivors.  Many individuals had seen the coming of the devastation and dangerous future and hid underground in vaults and shelters. Others were lucky enough to be outside of the most devastated regions, the worst they had to endure was the radioactive fallout.

While many individuals remained sheltered underground for months or even years, the radiation wreaked havoc on the DNA of those on the surface. Years passed; the survivors eked out a meager existence. Children were born, though many didn’t survive at first, and those who did often had strange mutations.

Over the next twenty years, the radiation on the surface tapered off; and the people underground emerged over time to a world destroyed.  Much of the world had succumbed to desertification, and much of humanity was scarred by mutation.

Now, fifty years after the destruction of civilization, life has moved slowly forward. Communities came together, organizations—good and evil--sprang up, and leaders emerged.  Some groups worked toward the betterment of the species; others simply gobbled up any resources they could scavenge or take. The roads became war zones. Fuel became an important commodity, as did weapons, armor, and technological relics from before the apocalyptic war. Those who remain fight for survival in an irradiated landscape while warlords and other groups struggle to dominate what remained.

EDITED: Briefly: The Pre-apocalypse era Progress Level is Level Six - Fusion power (don't worry about what it is, it's just better!) provided an efficient, nonexpendable source of energy. The use of fusion and chemical fuel sorces is about equal. (So, fusion and the current sources of energy); Post-apocalypse will be a mixture of the Middle Ages and forward (more to be explained later…but think about what might survive and what might not, or what could be found in working order to varying degrees. Also think that after fifty years how life would be lead.) I’ll explain more if this goes forward.

There will be mutants, and I’ll list the various types that can be chosen from.

There will be a secret that the members of the “settlement” will know about; and all is not bleak and horrible in this “new” world  :angel: .

The location is roughly the midwest of the US. I'll describe more of the location later.

The characters can either be part of the “settlement” or join as the game progresses. And I’ll list, in general, what sorts of characters are needed and the different skills that would be useful just to help in creating characters that would live in this time. Also, feel free to have two characters to start out with if we get that far.

There won’t be any magic or aliens in this game.

Anyway, even if only two or three people want to play, I can make that work.  

*from d20 Future and Apocalypse supplemental manuals.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 August 2006 - 08:43 PM.

#2 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

*raises hand and bounces up and down* i am so in! sounds awesome. :D :D :D
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#3 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

You've totally got me for this one!

I'm going on holiday next week but I'll be back on the 13th...

Maybe you'd rather I join the game later since I won't be here next week? Let me know.

#4 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:19 AM

Count me in! I have no idea why this forum has died but hopefully this one will work!
Rejected and gone.

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

View Postszhismine, on Aug 3 2006, 09:15 PM, said:

*raises hand and bounces up and down* i am so in! sounds awesome. :D :D :D
Good! :) and Thanks! :wink:

View PostPsyche, on Aug 4 2006, 02:32 AM, said:

Maybe you'd rather I join the game later since I won't be here next week? Let me know.
You'll be fine. It'll take me a couple of weeks to get stuff posted about characters other information so people can start creating and PMing me. See you when you get back!

View PostMikoto, on Aug 4 2006, 06:19 AM, said:

Count me in! I have no idea why this forum has died but hopefully this one will work!
Cool!

And I think it died because we have so few players now. When something happens and a couple can't post, that leaves the RP's short and waiting on them.

Thanks so far, you three :D!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 August 2006 - 12:54 AM.

#6 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:43 AM

I'm in ;)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#7 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:11 PM

Nikki, count me in
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#8 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

View PostRaeven, on Aug 4 2006, 07:43 AM, said:

I'm in ;)
Of course you are  :angel:.

View PostShalamar, on Aug 4 2006, 12:11 PM, said:

Nikki, count me in
Counted! :wink:

If we don't get any guys to play, we'll all have to have some male characters  :whistle:.

I'm working on the landscape and character stuff now!

#9 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:08 PM

Here's something to read while I do the character post! (Spoilers aren't really "spoilers"...just a way to keep this neat.)

The Landscape:
Spoiler: click to show/hide
Where we are:
In what remains of the United States, most of the East Coast* was heavily bombed, leaving it a radioactive ruin.  In some locations, radiation levels have fallen low enough to allow exploration, but there is no civilization to speak of amid the twisted towers and bombed-out buildings.

*We’re going with “East Coast” to mean anything east of the Mississippi River (the blue dots on the map). The further east you go, the worse things are.

Although targets such as Seattle (WA), Los Angeles (CA), and Portland (OR) were prime West Coast** targets, the region suffered comparatively few hits. Furthermore, prevailing winds pulled radioactive fallout to the east, resulting in a lower concentration of radiation in the western states.

(**AZ, NV, CA, OR, WA)

Much of the continent between the Mississippi River and the West Coast is somewhat livable. Atomic Sunrise takes place in what used to be Colorado (CO), Kansas (KS), Oklahoma (OK), New Mexico (NM) area to begin with. Of course we won’t use any of these names as state borders mean nothing anymore.  There will be a fairly large city nearby (in ruins!) where some of our action will take place. Feel free to use real US city names in your backgrounds or make them up.  Our generation may remember hearing what cities were called before the war or have read about them.

(Mississippi River is in blue dots…anything east of this is not livable except perhaps to mutants of some sort).

The “Settlement” (I’ll try to keep this simple, but I want everyone to know the layout. Much of this is just for background, too. Hopefully my drawing will come out here. Okay, it's kinda funky looking but you'll get the idea :angel:.)

The settlement we will start in will be in a slightly mountainous region.  There’s heavy forested areas, some open areas with trees, some meadow-type areas, and human-made paths (walking/horses/motorcycles). A stream for collecting water upstream/bathing down stream runs along the eastern wall where the settlement is up against the forest. A gate and path lead to the bathing area through the trees. Changing houses are made of wood and metal with plank wood floors.

Water is collected in barrels and hauled into the settlement where it is treated for drinking or left plain for boiling before cooking.

The main highway runs north/south down at the base of the mountain.  This was once a major road (two lane where we are) that lead through many towns and cities before winding up through the mountains. The condition is Minor Damage: (The roadway has begun to degrade. Ruts, heaves, and potholes are common. Some trees lay on areas of the road. Motorcycles and horses can get through; vehicles must be able to handle rough terrain.

Off this road is an unpaved, curved road of dirt and gravel. This leads to our settlement which we try to keep hidden. We have allowed brush and trees to grow over the entrance, although if you know what to look for you can get in. On either side of the road are trees and brush, that grow in a valley on either side as the road climbs upward.

Our road ends at what appears to be a fairly primitive settlement. A six foot wall (made out of a combination of old metal fencing, wooden boards, logs, whatever the original builders could scavenge) surrounds the living area. It was built about 45 years ago.

The main gate is kept locked from the inside and is large enough to accommodate vehicles coming through, but also has a smaller door for people. A guard is posted in the tower in the corner, or someone can climb up the ladders to look down. Some weapons are stored there in case of attack. Children are forbidden in the towers.

Note: All buildings are built about three feet off the ground with steps going up to the doors.

North side:
Children’s house and school, up to age 18. Can be orphans or kids who’s parents want them to stay there. There are three adult to watch over and teach. Also the doctor’s office/hospital is in same building. The doctor can live there or somewhere else.

Behind both buildings are double outhouses. (Sorry all :wink:, but no running water or flushing toilets unless someone’s character wants to rig something up!)

Middle of settlement:
Four square bunkhouse type buildings, two for men and two for women. The “rooms” are divided by thin wooden walls, each is about 5-6’ by 10’ (just visualize a size for one person that would hold somewhere to sleep and some belongings, maybe a small desk or chair or whatever. Space is limited after the end of the world :wink:). A hall runs down the middle from one door to another and the rooms are reached from that hallway on either side.  The doors do lock, and the rooms start out empty until someone moves in.

South side:
This is where the large work room building is. It can contain whatever we want, but it’s for manual labor type work. Things get built, repaired, created, etc., such as working on the horses and their equipment, metal working, weapons repair, whatever we’ll need. The work done here is communal, it’s for everyone’s benefit, but the workers also do special favors for others in a barter-type system.

Next to the work rooms are the couples/family quarters (four and two, respectively). The couples’ rooms are the size of a medium sized bedroom, while the family size is a large living room size. Usually the family quarters are occupied by older people who will live together.  The rooms are empty until people move in with whatever they have/can find.

Note: Feel free to be part of a family or a couple or have an elderly relative even if the others are just NPC’s).

East side:
A large, long rectangular building. One end is the leader’s quarters/office/meeting rooms (that’s me :wink:!); then the kitchen and dining area for all; last is storage/supplies/library. Only certain people are allowed in: those who work in the kitchen to get supplies, and a few people who distribute supplies when necessary. The library is just a collection of salvaged books in various stages of quality that have been collected over the years.

We mostly live communally as far as food, toiletries, some weapons and ammunition to defend ourselves as a group are concerned; but everyone has their own possessions/food items that they have/bring with them/find.

Food: There is somewhat of a pasture next hidden away but guarded where a few cows and goats are kept. We have chickens that are highly prized as they are rare. Some of the animals are old and others we've tried to breed. They are used rarely for food but for what they can give us instead.  

Many of the inhabitants will hunt and fish for the whole group, but it takes a great deal of food to feed everyone. Mostly we live on vegetables grown in the gardens, and foods that were/are scavenged and horded such as canned goods, trail mix type foods, MREs (meals ready to eat), any type of processed foods that only require water and heat to make, and so forth.  After fifty years most of the foods in the city have been taken already. We're always looking for ways to find/get food.

Stables:
Horses are the easiest way to get around in the mountains and don’t require any fuel (which is scarce), so we have horses. Some people ride a lot and have their own horse (or one they share with someone); others just borrow a communal horse. All horses are well-taken care of.

Horses can be used as transportation or combat. I have a few tips on mounted combat if needed.

Vehicles are also kept in the stables, but they deserve their own section!

Vehicles:
Vehicles are common remnants of the civilized world, but fuel is hard to find. If you came to the settlement after it was built and brought/are bringing your own vehicle of some sort, you need to find your own fuel or keep a supply hidden away—unless the vehicle is used for the benefit of the settlement.

The settlement uses mostly motorcycles which consume less fuel, and we keep a hidden supply that is guarded like gold.

Here are some ideas from my book for possible vehicles, but feel free to have what you think works for you!
Dune buggy: open with a roll cage, high-speed & good for off-road but not much protection.
Range Rover: or any type of SUV, provides power, speed, comfort and can go off road.
Motorcycles:

In a postapocalyptic setting, vehicles are often used in ways unimaginable in the age of civilization.  Road warriors often modify their vehicles for better performance, safety, or protection. Don’t go overboard but here are some ideas. If you want further details, PM me:

Body armor – crude covering of sheet steel.
Wheel armor – steel plates covering wheels.
Window armor – steel plates over vehicle’s window openings – view will be lessened.
Body spikes – dozens of spikes, barbs of jagged metal, bits of barbed wire welded to the vehicles body.
Booby trap – makes it dangerous for strangers to meddle with the vehicle. (PM for more details).
Engine upgrade, Supercharger – more powerful engine.
Engine upgrade, Upsize – bigger engine.
Ethanol conversion, Standard – converts to run vehicle on ethanol. Cannot run on gas.
Ethanol conversion, Switchable – same as above but can run on either, but only one at a time and tank must be emptied first.
Extra fuel tank – can fill with different kinds of fuel.
Off road tires – heavy traction for off-road use
Oversized brakes – for quicker stopping during combat, chases.
Ram plate, Standard – heavy plate across the front of vehicle.
Ram plate, Spiked – same as above but spiked, can only have one kind.
Stripped frame – removed body panels, nonvital components, and other extraneous equipment from vehicle, making it lighter but more vulnerable to attack.
Suspension Upgrade, Monster truck – enormous, oversized tires nearly big enough to crush another vehicle—along with a suspension system to match. Also need to have the Upsize engine upgrade to have the power to operate.
Suspension Upgrade, Off-Road – superior performance when driving off road; but less maneuverability on regular surface roads.
Suspension Upgrade, Street – superior performance under normal circumstances; but less maneuverability off-road.
Suspension Upgrade, Variable – combination of off-road and street suspension upgrades.
Weapon mount – allows a huge weapon to be mounted on the vehicle, can have up to as many as there are passenger seats. Adds weight to vehicle.
Wire guide – metal bar extending back and upward from the front of a motorcycle which helps protect the rider from being clotheslined (when a rider is thrown off/decapticated by running into wire strung across his path) by deflecting the wires up and over the rider’s head.

I have all sorts of fun descriptions of fighting from vehicles, driving, falling etc. If you need any info or help for any posts, just let me know :D.*

*Loves her RP manuals, yes she does!

Attached Images

• map_for_Atomic_RP.GIF
  • RP_settlement.GIF

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 August 2006 - 04:27 PM.

#10 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

Sounds really interesting.

Count me in.

#11 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on Aug 4 2006, 06:09 AM, said:

View PostPsyche, on Aug 4 2006, 02:32 AM, said:

You'll be fine. It'll take me a couple of weeks to get stuff posted about characters other information so people can start creating and PMing me. See you when you get back!

Oh okay, good. I'm leaving on Tuesday... do you think the information we'll need for creating a character will be up by then? Then I can work on my character while on holiday. If not, thats okay, I can do it when I get back.

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:38 PM

View PostChatterbox, on Aug 4 2006, 02:30 PM, said:

Sounds really interesting.

Count me in.
I wondered where you were :wink:.

View PostPsyche, on Aug 4 2006, 02:35 PM, said:

Oh okay, good. I'm leaving on Tuesday... do you think the information we'll need for creating a character will be up by then? Then I can work on my character while on holiday. If not, thats okay, I can do it when I get back.
In a word...yes!  :hehe:

#13 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Nice to have a map and a lay out to help visualize things!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:29 PM

Characters:

Make them up.

HA! Kidding….I got more than that for you :wink:.

First, there *will be* more to our characters/the settlement (which might have a name eventually!) than what appears on the surface (figuratively and literally) as far as the game action is concerned; but I need to see what characters you all come up with first. All will be revealed soon, my children……  PM me your profiles, and, well you know what to do :wink:.

We are Generation Zero. Several decades, five to be exact, have passed since our parents and grandparents witnessed the most horrific event in human history…the destruction of the civilized world. Only the oldest survivors--sixty years old and beyond--if they still live, can remember what it was like “before”. The rest of us, born after the event, only know what’s been made known to us, what we’ve learned on our own, and what we have observed with our own eyes.

1. Decide whether your character(s) is/are a part of the settlement now or will be joining up as the game gets going.

If your character already belongs to the settlement here is a brief history:

Five years after the apocalypse a group of survivors who’d banded together for protection stumbled upon an almost pristine area of land on the side of the mountain. (Where your family came from is up to you). Unable to believe that anything could have withstood the flash radiation and subsequent fallout with barely any damage, the group quickly claimed the land for their own and built the settlement. (More on this later). Numbering about 35 to begin with, the small group grew to the present day 100 or so inhabitants through births, eventually, and people being invited to join. The settlement can sleep 120.

Was your character from an original family, someone who joined up, or a newcomer within the past few years?

If you want your character to join at the start of the game, we’ll work out a way for that to happen. Start with introducing yourself coming to the settlement. But be prepared for the inhabitants to be skeptical of your motives until you’ve proven yourself trustworthy to join. We try to keep our settlement hidden and defended from those that wish to destroy us.

2. What does your character *do*? Everyone needs to have a skill or some sort of to help the settlement survive.  Obviously we can’t cover everything, so many jobs will just be NPC’d if we need them, but here are some ideas:

Leader: Nikki (Sophie)
Doctor: Raeven
Cook/Kitchen/Supplies: Someone to try to make meals sometimes, but at least to offer food and water/powdered drinks at meal times: 1. Gode, 2. Pysche
Vet/Animal handler - Shalamar (Sian)
Teachers (academic)/child care people
Gardeners: 1. Pysche, 2 szhismine
Hunters: 1. D'Monix, 2. Mikoto, 3. Brit
Repair people: buildings, fences, vehicles, etc – with whatever parts/items can be found: 1. szhismine (structural), 2. Nikki (Razor) (structural, mechanical)
Workers: all kinds of jobs to make things
Tailor/Tanner/etc.: Chatterbox
Beverage/Fuel maker: Brit
Guards/sentries: 1. Mikoto, 2. D'Monix

…and so on. Whatever you think would be useful.

Old People: For anyone with a job that requires any sort of schooling (medical, computer, science, etc), you’ll most likely have to have been trained by someone elderly, as well as had access to books. (There can be self-learners, of course.) In this new world, the elderly are revered and looked up to. They have the knowledge and skills of the past that our generation does not. Remember if someone is 60 now, they were ten when the war occurred; if 70 now, they were 20, and so forth.

Also everyone in the game will be on the council to help lead the settlement and/or will be part of the team that is called upon for the dangerous missions, but that’ll come later!

3. How old is your character? Was he or she born before or after the nuclear war?

4. What survival skills/crafts does your character have that will be useful?

Balancing, climbing, hunting. weapons, computer knowledge (even if just from a book or quick to learn—just in case!), electrical, construction/building things, setting explosives, diplomacy, driving, fighting, spying, repairing things, tracking, etc.

So you want to be a mutant!
No, you certainly don’t have to have any sort of mutation. This is just if you want to. Mutations are common in our postapocalyptic world, from horrid brutes maddened by radiation burns to humans than seem perfectly normal. Mutations can be pronounced to unnoticeable. Although mutants are common in certain areas and even have their own societies, most moderate to extreme mutants are not usually perceived positively.  But we will use any mutations to their best advantage!

Animals and other creatures can also experience mutations (which will lead us to *a lot* of fun! :wink: )

All mutations come from radiation which affected the DNA of the mutant. I’m no expert, but I’m guessing that only 50 years after the radiation poisoning the DNA of the next generation won’t have mutated *that* much…but I could be wrong.  Does anyone know?

Cosmetic mutations: Changes appearance in some way. No other use to the person/creature.

Minor mutations: Changes appearance and grants a beneficial (minor) special ability or useful feature.

Major mutations: Fundamentally changes the genetic and physiology. Grants a beneficial special ability or feature that would not normally exist in the person/creature.

Drawbacks: Minor or major mutations have drawbacks to offset them, such as special disabilities or vulnerabilities.

Now don’t go wild on me, let’s have a limit of two mutations. If you *really* want three, we'll talk  :).

COSMETIC:
Extra digits – one extra on each hand and foot
Forked tongue – like that of a snake, may be different color/length
Horns – not capable of damage to anyone
Scaly skin – thin layer of scales covering flesh, smooth and dry, may only occur in patches or all over
Unnatural eyes – color changes dramatically to uncommon color (dead black, change color, glow)
Unnatural hair – color changes to uncommon color (multi, streaked, splotched, etc)
Unnatural skin – color changes to unnatural hue or texture (single, splotched, pattern, or change color based on outside stimuli)
Unnatural voice – changes in pitch (more lyrical, raspy, whispery, gutteral)

MINOR:
Chameleon skin – changes color to match surroundings  
Claws - hands are the claws, not just fingertips; you can modify to just the nails.
Darkvision – can see in total darkness out to 60 feet, black and white only
Direction sense – when awake can always perceive true north
Energy diffusion – ability to withstand energy (cold, electricity, fire, OR sonic/concussion) increases
Fangs
Gills – able to draw oxygen out of water, operate underwater indefinitely without drowning or on surface – appear near windpipe or lungs on neck, chest, or back
Hypersensitivity – particularly (unnaturally) sensitive to your surroundings
Radiation resistance – can ignore the effects of some levels of radiation
Scent – detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, track by sense of smell; also identify familiar odors the way humans do familiar sights
Second wind – can shrug off minor wounds with ease
Tail – fur-covered, slender and whiplike, scaly – improves balance and serves as weapon but cannot grip with it. (see lower for useful tail)
Thick fur coat – thick, protective layer of fur over body
Wall crawler – can walk walls and cling to ceilings like a spider with tiny barbs on hand and feet; fingers and toes secrete a transparent adhesive that lets to you cling to smooth surfaces; must be barefoot with no gloves
Webbed digits – grow webbing between fingers or toes and can move more easily through liquids

MAJOR:
Thick hide – skin is tough and resilient
Ultra immune system – develop a powerful immune system capable of repelling many poisons, diseases, radiation sickness
Adaptive body – your body can adapt to better absorb different types of weapon damage (one at a time: ballistic, bludgeoning, piercing, slashing)
Danger sense – mild form of precognition that warns you of impending attack
Echolocator – ability to absorb sound waves and translate them into mental images that accurately portray the surrounding environment
Elasticity – can bend and twist your body in unnatural ways and squeeze through very tight spaces
Energy absorption – can absorb impressive amounts of harmful energy
Enlarged form – grow freakishly large for your species
Exoskeleton – thick exoskeleton forms over your skin, usually consists of interlocking plates of bone or chitin covering 90% or more of your body
Pheromone attraction – can regulate the production of pheromones in your body and release them at will, altering the mood of nearby creatures
Prehensile tail – the tail can grasp and hold objects
Quadruped – move swiftly on all fours
Radioactive – are immune to some radiation and can emit bursts of harmful radiation from your body
Skeletal reinforcement – your bones become more resilient, allowing you to withstand greater amounts of punishment
Telekinetic mind – can move an unattended object (up to 5 pounds) 15 feet in any direction; must be able to see the object; must concentrate, if concentration is broken object falls
Venomous bite – natural bite attack injects poison into victim’s bloodstream
X-ray vision – can see into and through solid objects: 1 foot of brick or stone; 1 inch of metal or composite alloy; up to 3 feet through wood, plaster, dirt; Thicker substances block x-ray vision; have maximum of 20 feet; can see as if looking at something in normal light, even with no illumination.

Is that enough to choose from? :D

I think that should cover the special circumstances I wanted to make sure we all knew. Other than these, it’s just normal character creation. Have fun!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 15 October 2006 - 09:39 PM.

#15 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

*squee* i already have ideas, i'll probably PM you a profile tonight. ;)
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#16 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Ooooh mutants! And so many to choose from! Haha spoilt for choice indeed.

On top of that you can choose two mutations. Hehehe this'll require quite some thought.  :crazy: Ahh but I have questions.

1) Are mutants accepted in the settlement? If they're a descendant of an original family or have proven themselves for example.

2) What's the feet/metres conversion? (I have no concept of 100 feet.)

3) And the 'Danger Sense' mutation. Could I have some specifics as to how it works? Such as does it only warn of a direct impending attack, or is it more detailed such as detecting potential danger? EG: I dunno, a rock about to fall on your head or something. Or... does it warn you if someone has bad intentions towards you. EG: Wants to kill you.

I think that about does it for now. I have a rough idea for a character in mind already.

Edited by Mikoto, 04 August 2006 - 07:49 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#17 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

quick question about the hypersensitivity mutation: does that mean if the temperature changes or wind changes direction, etc, s/he senses it? and let's say a predator or whatever is in the area would s/he somehow be able to tell?

#18 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

View PostMikoto, on Aug 4 2006, 07:32 PM, said:

1) Are mutants accepted in the settlement? If they're a descendant of an original family or have proven themselves for example.
Mutants are accepted in our settlement yes, provided they don't intend any harm. Some may choose to keep to themselves, others to be an active part of the community.

2) What's the feet/metres conversion? (I have no concept of 100 feet.)
5 feet = 1.5 meters, 10 feet=3 meters.  That would be the single room size.

3) And the 'Danger Sense' mutation. Could I have some specifics as to how it works? Such as does it only warn of a direct impending attack, or is it more detailed such as detecting potential danger? EG: I dunno, a rock about to fall on your head or something. Or... does it warn you if someone has bad intentions towards you. EG: Wants to kill you.
I'll be back to you on this...I have to run!! Sorry!  :eek2:

I'm back...all my book says is this: "You have a mild form of precognition that warns you of impending attack."  I would say it has to be that something living is about to attack you in general, or if you're in a fight you'd be able to tell what the attacker is going to do to you most of the time. If there is a general sense of danger, you'd have the ability to glance around and tell where the danger is by sense of feeling.  Does that help?

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 August 2006 - 12:22 AM.

#19 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

I don't have a profile yet, but can my character will be the cook/kitchen leader? If so, she'll probably garden as well.

Edited by Psyche, 04 August 2006 - 10:33 PM.

#20 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

Is there a blank form for character profiles?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users