Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

"End of the World-type" RP...anyone interested?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#161 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

Sorry, I couldn't post till today, computer problems.

#162 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

Bad computer! Glad you got back online :)!

#163 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

Something to keep in mind...

There's going to be an 'interaction' type thread coming after the first one is done. I'll have more details, but it's mainly to flesh out our characters, do some things we want them to participate in during 'normal' life, and to rebuild and upgrade the settlement.

Everyone is welcome to keep playing until the new story starts...at which time I truly hope everyone stays aboard. :D

So, start thinking of what sort of personal storylines you want to explore with your characters.  But more details coming soon!

#164 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

:D looking forward to it nikki. :D
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#165 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:39 AM

Sounds good to me.

Oh by the way are we going after the ratskins before the end of this story?
Rejected and gone.

#166 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

szhismine: ^^^^^ :D. Thanks! I like having you play!

Mikoto: Yes! It'll be the 'next day' once we're all back at the settlement and hear what Silas has to tell us. It'll be a vehicle chase type thingy, so we'll take the car, SUV, motorcycles, probably another car, too. We'll be lying in wait before dawn, then give chase as they pass, do some shooting and so on  :devil:, some killing, and some rescuing. I'll post more details in posts and here before we get going.

If anyone doesn't want to come along, that's fine, too. (The characters, I mean!) Ayla, for one, will be in the medlab :wink:.

Also, I found this neat Name Generator!

#167 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

To my wonderful players,

Just a small courtesy request from your GM :). Please make sure everyone reads everyone elses' posts (especially mine :angel:) carefully, so that we don't a) contradict each other in actions or what was said or done; b) get behind on the action and post something in the present time that's already happened and the story has moved on; and c) well, there really isn't a 'c', I guess :wink:.

I know we all have different paces that we are able to post at (for whatever reasons); and to try to be fair to everyone, I try to give 24 hour periods for people to post before I move things on further (without holding up the story). Sometimes I will move your character along with us if you've not been able to post :whistle:, so watch for that in my posts and just continue the action from the point you return to post.

Thank you all for playing! :D :D

#168 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

I am going to be away until Thursday night.  Nikki please feel free to GM post the conversation between Silas and Sophie if this is necessary to move the story on.

He also most definitely will be going on the ambush.  I would like to npc the boy that he rescued if that is ok.

If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#169 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

Feel free to npc the boy, Brit...and maybe even help get all the kids back to the town at some point.

And see you when you get back! :)

#170 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Hello! :)

Our first story is soon coming to an end here. There will be a separate discussion thread for the new story; however, I wanted to start wrapping this story up.

You still have time to keep posting for the rest of the current "day", so don't stop :D.  But think about wrapping up anything you're currently writing about within the next few real life days. I'll keep the time moving in the thread.

The final rescue will be written in narration form, probably at the end of the "Generation Zero" thread. I'll keep it fairly vague in terms of the action in case you wanted to flashback to anything in the rescue in the new thread. Everyone, except Ayla will have been there.

Sian, Billy Two, and Remmington will all be MIA and not involved. Their stories will be wrapped up in narration as well.

The new thread will be interaction, but I hope everyone will keep posting and fleshing out your characters. I'll have more info in the new discussion thread, but think what stories you want to tell. The only directing I'll be doing is making time go by and keeping an eye on staying within the time.

The rest will be up to you all :D.  If you want to check in here whether you'll be playing, that would be great.

Remember to try to post at least once a day (even though we're just interacting), that way you can keep up with the passage of time. But if something comes up, that's fine! Just fast forward your character if need be when you return, and make use of flashbacks if you still have something to post about the time gone past.

I do have an idea for a new action story, which is why I'm hoping everyone sticks around through the interaction thread while I get things together.

That's it for now! More later in the new thread.  :)

#171 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

Checking in as requested!  :)
Rejected and gone.

#172 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

*salutes* checking in ma'am :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#173 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

Definitely playing again although I will be away from Wednesday morning until Friday night.

#174 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:51 AM

Sherise will be there. :)

#175 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

View Postszhismine, on Sep 14 2006, 09:05 PM, said:

:D looking forward to it nikki. :D
I'm taking this earlier post as indication that "Carolyne" will be in the new interaction thread!

View PostMikoto, on Sep 23 2006, 05:24 PM, said:

Checking in as requested!  :)
*checks off "Alexie" and "Konoko"!

View PostRaeven, on Sep 25 2006, 08:09 AM, said:

*salutes* checking in ma'am :D
*salutes back* Your three are in!

View PostBrit, on Sep 25 2006, 09:33 AM, said:

Definitely playing again although I will be away from Wednesday morning until Friday night.
Excellent for "Silas". And okay, see you when you get back.

View PostChatterbox, on Sep 25 2006, 09:51 AM, said:

Sherise will be there. :)
*waves to "Sherise"*.

And........................... :D

We'll be having a new player joining us in the interaction thread  :angel:. Perhaps some of you have heard of him  :whistle:.....

Welcome to Ishmael Autolycus who will be playing "Ishmael"! Profile coming soon...he'll be joining us in the new interaction thread, which will be ready for this weekend for sure :D.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 27 September 2006 - 07:05 PM.

#176 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

niki-- of course i'm staying. :p ;)
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#177 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on Sep 27 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

We'll be having a new player joining us in the interaction thread  :angel:. Perhaps some of you have heard of him  :whistle:.....

Welcome to Ishmael Autolycus who will be playing "Ishmael"! Profile coming soon...he'll be joining us in the new interaction thread, which will be ready for this weekend for sure :D.
Ishmael!! :hugs: :wub:

Welcome :D

#178 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

A wanderer, and a picker-up of unregarded trifles.

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

View PostChatterbox, on Sep 27 2006, 10:15 PM, said:

Ishmael!! :hugs: :wub:

Welcome :D

:blush: Wow. Thank you.

:hugs: Chatterbox
And let us, ciphers to this great accompt,
On your imaginary forces work.

-Wm. Shakespeare Henry V Prologue

Now, was it just the eggs? Or was the ham green as well?

#179 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

hiya! welcome! :D

#180 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

Lord Ishmael - YAY :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users