Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

"End of the World-type" RP...anyone interested?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#81 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:20 PM

Wow that was hectic.  I'm so glad I checked before leaving work this afternoon or I would have missed the action.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#82 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:29 PM

Lol Brit! So am I. I literally checked the rp an hour before I was due to leave for work and Nikki had put things into action.

Good fight, though.  :angel:
Rejected and gone.

#83 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

View PostBrit, on Aug 11 2006, 06:20 PM, said:

Wow that was hectic.  I'm so glad I checked before leaving work this afternoon or I would have missed the action.
It happened faster than I thought it would! The initial posting AND the fight :D. It was great!!

View PostMikoto, on Aug 11 2006, 07:29 PM, said:

Lol Brit! So am I. I literally checked the rp an hour before I was due to leave for work and Nikki had put things into action.

Good fight, though.  :angel:
Very good! Very violent  :devil:.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 11 August 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#84 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

violence is good :D :angel:
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#85 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

It was fun.  Much to my shame I actually said 'Eeeeep' out loud when I saw Nikki's post.  Fortunately I have my own office and there was no one in the Ward to hear me either.

Edited by Brit, 12 August 2006 - 09:02 PM.

#86 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

^^^^ LOL  :lol:  I'm honored that I made you "eeeep" outloud then!

#87 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

just as a note, i work all night US time, so you'll often see my posts then or early morning just after i get home, so if waiting on me to post please keep that in mind, most of the rest of the time i'm asleep (since day is my nighttime)

:D

#88 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

Okay, D', thanks for the info.  It's worked out well so far. I usually try to post something in the early morning and night (major posts), so hopefully that gives everyone time to get in on the action.  :)

Also, (and I'll remind everyone again later) I actually have to go back to work on the 21st of this month. Summer vacation is over :wink:. I'll mostly be posting in early mornings and late afternoon/evening central time. (I think that's six hours difference/behind the UK).

I hope so far that everyone feels like they're having enough time to post and respond. That's what I'm trying for!  :D  

#89 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

Can I still join in?

If yes, what roles are still needed? I thought doctor, but that's taken. I thought cook, but that's taken. I thought hunter, but Brit beat me too it. I then thought brewer, and again I was beaten too it!

So what do you need?
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#90 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:13 PM

I'll PM you, Chadde!

#91 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:06 PM

just so everyone knows, i won't be around tomorrow late afternoon/evening, and i probably won't be around all of Tuesday, 'cause i'm moving. the moment i have internet hooked up and i won't be too busy i'll start posting again. :)

and college starts the 21st so i won't be around as much during the day.
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#92 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

Okay^^^!! I'll try to post things to you in the afternoons, so you can reply in the evenings.  I had a part planned for you (and Psyche), but I'll PM you closer to the time to make sure you want to take it on :D.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 13 August 2006 - 07:14 PM.

#93 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

I'm back now!

I look forward to this thing with SZH and I'm excited to start playing!

Edited by Psyche, 13 August 2006 - 10:08 PM.

#94 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:22 PM

nikki-- okie dokie! sounds interesting. :D

hi shea! interesting new username. :hehe:

#95 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:38 PM

Edited cuz I decided not to change my username. So I'll still be Psyche and you all won't be confused. :p

PS, I read the thread but I'm still slightly confused.. can someone give me a kind of summary of whats happened and where everyone is? That would be very muchly appreciated! :D

Edited by Psyche, 13 August 2006 - 10:09 PM.

#96 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

WB, Psyche!! I hope you had fun on vacation :D.

In brief:

Sian and Remmington joined the settlement. She's a veterinarian.

There was a Marauder attack. (see the HUGE PM I sent titled "IMPORTANT INFORMATION". There was a fight and all the Marauders were killed.  While the fighting was going on a smell made everyone move away from the SUV, and there was a dark shadow/smoke that drifted into the fire smoke for awhile. Then SUV the Marauders came in suddenly shut the doors and drove away. There's speculation that someone else must have come along.

Now:

Sian and Isabella are treating the wounded; Alexie will help. In medical.

Silas, Remmington, and Billy are stripping the Marauders of anything useful and will burn the bodies.

Carolyne and Razor are helping to clean up the debris. Carolyne is working on the wall near where the gates were; Razor on the gate itself (although he's stopped to talk to the three guys above).

Ayla is off helping the elders get back to their rooms. (You can finish up and join us as the front of the settlement, Pysche).

Sherise has discovered four children are missing and told Sophie. And now the sentries Sophie sent have returned from following the SUV with reports of children being inside.

Now you're caught up, and Sophie will call the meeting early  :angel:.

#97 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

Yep, I think I got it now. I'll have to re-read the PM though.

#98 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

I managed to catch up.  Serves me right for going to see Pirates of the Caribbean last night instead of getting on line. :) :boat:

#99 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

no! seeing POTC2 is more important than anything! well... it's more important than the internet. ;)

#100 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:29 PM

You were in time, Brit! I tried to draw it out until everyone got ready to leave. And seeing movies is good...:D.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users