Health Weight loss Dangers 2006

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

This topic may have been brought up before but until they stop looking the other way and start banning or even criminalizing this practice at the highschool level, it deserves to be brought up again and again.

If you are a parent with a teen who is in a sport where weight is an issue (Martial Arts, Wrestling, Equestrian...) please watch for signs of this as your coach probably isn't. Every year teens are injured or even die from this practice. And even though it is 'officially' frowned on by schools, they do little to prevent it.

IMHO this practice should be illegal at all levels, but adults have the right to endanger their life in stupid ways. Coachs do not have the right to do the same with the lives of teens.

A reminder, for those who have forgotten.

Edited by Hambil, 22 August 2006 - 12:29 PM.

#2 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:13 PM

I can't believe that coaches would encourage kids to do such dangerous activities. Don't they know how dangerous quickie weight loss is? Dear Lord.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Weight loss, Dangers, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users