Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Keith Olbermann responds to the Clinton interviews

Media MSNBC Special Comment 2006 Keith Olbermann

  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Cheile

Cheile

    proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

  • Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:52 AM

transcript here

i saw this live when tonight's Countdown aired but all i can say is "whoa".  never heard Keith (who's usually Mr. Jovial-Snark-a-Day) sound so pissed afore.   :blink:

Posted Image


"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#2 scherzo

scherzo

    I know things

  • Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:10 AM

A 10 minute uninterrupted and unchallenged anti-Bush tirade airing on MSNBC, probably isn't the best place to include increasingly boring charges of political bias against Fox News. I'll assume the irony never occurred Olbermann...given the fact that he seems on the verge of nothing less than a full on psychotic break.  

-scherzo
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#3 Kosh

Kosh

    Criag Ferguson For President!

  • Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

View Postscherzo, on Sep 26 2006, 04:10 AM, said:

A 10 minute uninterrupted and unchallenged anti-Bush tirade airing on MSNBC, probably isn't the best place to include increasingly boring charges of political bias against Fox News. I'll assume the irony never occurred Olbermann...given the fact that he seems on the verge of nothing less than a full on psychotic break.  

-scherzo


But he's right!!

If there waqs ever any doubt of bias, just watch Bill O'Riley's interview wiht George Bush. That should settle any doubts. When Bush fell short of an answer to a question, Bill gave him the answers. It was pathetic.

Go Keith!!
Can't Touch This!!

#4 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

    Craving a little perspective.

  • Islander
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

Didn't Olberman kife his sign-off slogan from a real journalist, Murrow?

I'm cold Howard.jpg


#5 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

Quote

A 10 minute uninterrupted and unchallenged anti-Bush tirade airing on MSNBC, probably isn't the best place to include increasingly boring charges of political bias against Fox News.

They're increasingly boring, because they're not even "charges" anymore - they're admitted facts.

Here - I'll prove it, via this little news item.

Quote

"Fox might seem an unlikely studio to pioneer a religious label, given its history as a purveyor of salacious TV programming. Yet people in the Christian community say the company has gained credibility as the voice for conservative America through its Fox News Channel."

Fox is flat-out admitting it now.  Want another?

Scott Norvell, London bureau chief for FOX News:

Quote

Even we at Fox News manage to get some lefties on the air occasionally, and often let them finish their sentences before we club them to death and feed the scraps to Karl Rove and Bill O'Reilly. And those who hate us can take solace in the fact that they aren't subsidizing Bill's bombast; we payers of the BBC license fee don't enjoy that peace of mind.

Fox News is, after all, a private channel and our presenters are quite open about where they stand on particular stories. That's our appeal. People watch us because they know what they are getting. The Beeb's institutionalized leftism would be easier to tolerate if the corporation was a little more honest about it.

So, yes, it is an increasingly boring argument, because it's already been settled, and the people who are still contemptuous enough of everyone else's intelligence to claim it's "fair and balanced" have been proven wrong.   Accusing FOX of bias is about as necessary now as accusing Jim Carrey of making faces.  Redundant.


Quote

I'll assume the irony never occurred Olbermann...given the fact that he seems on the verge of nothing less than a full on psychotic break.

First up, Olbermann doesn't claim he's anything that he's not, so, there's no irony.   Second of all, every time anybody is forceful in critiquing this administration, the knee-jerk is to claim they're "psychotic."  Every single time, that's all any critic of Bush gets - "they're crazy, they're psychotic, they're in meltdown," etc. etc.  While a completely bugf**k constantly-nervously-giggling Ann Coulter can be half a sanity points from rubbing her own s**t in her hair and be declared "brilliant" by the same people.  

And speaking of... know what's a whole lot crazier to me?  Claiming to stand for a certain ideology... and then persistently cheering on an administration that does things that are the exact opposite of that stated ideology, all across the board.  That seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.   That's like saying you really, really hate terrible music, and then presenting an Ashlee Simpson fan club card as credentials.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way
But I'm never talking to you again

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
But I'm never talking to you again
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong
But I'm never talking to you again

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#6 enTranced

enTranced

    Chasing Your Starlight!

  • Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

View PostZwolf, on Sep 26 2006, 02:01 PM, said:

First up, Olbermann doesn't claim he's anything that he's not, so, there's no irony.   Second of all, every time anybody is forceful in critiquing this administration, the knee-jerk is to claim they're "psychotic."  Every single time, that's all any critic of Bush gets - "they're crazy, they're psychotic, they're in meltdown," etc. etc.  While a completely bugf**k constantly-nervously-giggling Ann Coulter can be half a sanity points from rubbing her own s**t in her hair and be declared "brilliant" by the same people.  

And speaking of... know what's a whole lot crazier to me?  Claiming to stand for a certain ideology... and then persistently cheering on an administration that does things that are the exact opposite of that stated ideology, all across the board.  That seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.   That's like saying you really, really hate terrible music, and then presenting an Ashlee Simpson fan club card as credentials.

Cheers,

Zwolf

Please marry me*.

enTranced

Yes, yes, I'm already very happily married but I want to explore that whole polygamy thing.  :inlove:
Posted Image

#7 Cait

Cait

    Democracy Dies in Darkness

  • Moderator
  • 10,810 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

View PostenTranced, on Sep 26 2006, 07:39 AM, said:

View PostZwolf, on Sep 26 2006, 02:01 PM, said:


First up, Olbermann doesn't claim he's anything that he's not, so, there's no irony.   Second of all, every time anybody is forceful in critiquing this administration, the knee-jerk is to claim they're "psychotic."  Every single time, that's all any critic of Bush gets - "they're crazy, they're psychotic, they're in meltdown," etc. etc.  While a completely bugf**k constantly-nervously-giggling Ann Coulter can be half a sanity points from rubbing her own s**t in her hair and be declared "brilliant" by the same people.  

And speaking of... know what's a whole lot crazier to me?  Claiming to stand for a certain ideology... and then persistently cheering on an administration that does things that are the exact opposite of that stated ideology, all across the board.  That seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.   That's like saying you really, really hate terrible music, and then presenting an Ashlee Simpson fan club card as credentials.

Cheers,

Zwolf

Please marry me*.

enTranced

Yes, yes, I'm already very happily married but I want to explore that whole polygamy thing.  :inlove:

Drat, eT you beat me to it!  :whistle:

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html


#8 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

He's MINE, I tell you, MINE!

Actually, he'd probably belong to the first one of us willing to move to his home state, 'cause he ain't leaving. The IQ average for the state would plummet to that sh*t-in-the-hair level he mentioned before.

BTW, re. Z's comment about practice what you preach, I saw a great bumper sticker yesterday.
"Who would Jesus bomb?"

:angel:

#9 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:09 AM

PS, Cait, do you like our car?
Did you follow the Mustang thread?

#10 Kosh

Kosh

    Criag Ferguson For President!

  • Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

View PostNittany Lioness, on Sep 26 2006, 10:01 AM, said:

Didn't Olberman kife his sign-off slogan from a real journalist, Murrow?



In honor of Mr. Morrow, yes. He's mentioned it several times.
Can't Touch This!!

#11 Rhea

Rhea

  • Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:37 AM

View PostenTranced, on Sep 26 2006, 07:39 AM, said:

View PostZwolf, on Sep 26 2006, 02:01 PM, said:


First up, Olbermann doesn't claim he's anything that he's not, so, there's no irony.   Second of all, every time anybody is forceful in critiquing this administration, the knee-jerk is to claim they're "psychotic."  Every single time, that's all any critic of Bush gets - "they're crazy, they're psychotic, they're in meltdown," etc. etc.  While a completely bugf**k constantly-nervously-giggling Ann Coulter can be half a sanity points from rubbing her own s**t in her hair and be declared "brilliant" by the same people.  

And speaking of... know what's a whole lot crazier to me?  Claiming to stand for a certain ideology... and then persistently cheering on an administration that does things that are the exact opposite of that stated ideology, all across the board.  That seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.   That's like saying you really, really hate terrible music, and then presenting an Ashlee Simpson fan club card as credentials.

Cheers,

Zwolf

Please marry me*.

enTranced

Yes, yes, I'm already very happily married but I want to explore that whole polygamy thing.  :inlove:

Get in line. I asked first. :p :p

Edited by Rhea, 26 September 2006 - 10:38 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH


Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#12 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

If only some really bad experiences with previous girlfriends hadn't sworn me off marriage...

(See, this is how I know Olbermann's not a psychotic... 'cuz I've dated a real psychotic before, and Olbermann's nothing like her whatsoever!  Olbermann never calls me at 3 a.m. screaming "My Xanex isn't working and I have broken glass!!" or showing up on my doorstep after 3 years of no contact whatsoever holding a valentine I'd sent way back in '93 in one hand a a Rottweiller's leash in the other.   No, no, I assure you, Keith is perfectly sane.)

Coulter, on the other hand, probably has a big box of faded valentines, plus a box of dead monkeys dressed in sailor suits, posters of Ted Danson with the eyes cut out of them and "INFIDEL!" painted on them in fingernail polish, a halter-top made out of barbed wire, and a bucket of Xanex with a funnel strapped to the top of it.  That maniacal light in her eyes and her inappropriate bursts of what-the-hell-are-you-laughin'-at reminds me of what Bill Hicks once said about Jesse Helms - "You just know when that guy dies they're going to find his  attic full of the dryed skins of kidnapped toddlers, with horseflies buzzing around.  And his wife will say, 'I always wondered about Jesse's collection of little shoes.' "  I wouldn't want to go digging around in her crawlspace...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way
But I'm never talking to you again

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
But I'm never talking to you again
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong
But I'm never talking to you again

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#13 Kosh

Kosh

    Criag Ferguson For President!

  • Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

Quote

Fox News is, after all, a private channel and our presenters are quite open about where they stand on particular stories. That's our appeal. People watch us because they know what they are getting. The Beeb's institutionalized leftism would be easier to tolerate if the corporation was a little more honest about it.


So much for being "Fair and Balanced" and for having the "No Spin Zone".
Can't Touch This!!

#14 Kosh

Kosh

    Criag Ferguson For President!

  • Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:52 AM

Quote

and a bucket of Xanex with a funnel strapped to the top of it.

Ann could use some Xanex, come to think of it, so coulkd I.
Can't Touch This!!

#15 Cait

Cait

    Democracy Dies in Darkness

  • Moderator
  • 10,810 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:13 AM

View Postveganmom, on Sep 26 2006, 08:09 AM, said:

PS, Cait, do you like our car?
Did you follow the Mustang thread?

I'll go check it out.  Thanks!!  :)

I just finished listening to the comments by Obermann.. WOW!!! That was 10 minutes of my life well spent.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html


#16 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

WOW. You sure know how to pick 'em, Zwolf!
I think the worst I'd be able to manage is, "The Chardonney's not working and I have a bar of chocolate and I'm not afraid to eat the ENTIRE THING and oh, I'm so sorry, I know I'm calling at 10:45 pm and that's really beyond the polite time to call...."

Sorry. I got nothing exciting!
But if anyone wants to come and share, I pretty much ALWAYS have a cold bottle of wine in the fridge! (chilled water for you, Zwolf...I know...)

#17 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

    Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

  • Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

Not jumping into the political fray, here...

Just chiming in to say that Mr. Zwolf is already happily engaged to me... and I cn prove it.  He chopped off those icky digits just for me. :love:

;)

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght


#18 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

View PostKosh, on Sep 26 2006, 03:52 PM, said:

Quote

and a bucket of Xanex with a funnel strapped to the top of it.

Ann could use some Xanex, come to think of it, so coulkd I.


WE don't need Xanex. All we all need is a few days off (all of us together) in Cabo or Costa Rica or something, all expenses paid by .... someone, I don't know, I haven't figured that out yet....but once I do, you guys will be the first to know!!!

#19 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

View PostQueenTiye, on Sep 26 2006, 04:20 PM, said:

Not jumping into the political fray, here...

Just chiming in to say that Mr. Zwolf is already happily engaged to me... and I cn prove it.  He chopped off those icky digits just for me. :love:

;)

QT

:cry:


....goes off to get that Chardonney and chocolate.....

#20 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

By "digits" QT means the "666" that I used to have on my handle, not fingers or something.  QT's not a yakuza!  

Plus, I give my middle fingers up for nobody!  I need those, for traffic!  In fact, I'm hoping stem cell research can figure out a way to grow me a few extra ones... :)

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way
But I'm never talking to you again

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
But I'm never talking to you again
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong
But I'm never talking to you again

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Media, MSNBC, Special Comment, 2006, Keith Olbermann

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users