50 replies to this topic

#41 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Oct 17 2006, 12:16 PM, said:

View PostCait, on Oct 17 2006, 07:13 PM, said:

There is an element of power even in such role playing.  One of the partners has power and the other tries to seduce the powerful one.  Or, the powerful one acts all powerful [LOL] over the young and innocent one.

Oddly enough I was about to make a post pointing out that in both scenarios there are power games (Kirk and the Wizard being the most obvious 'powerful' characters)

Ah well, great minds and all  :cool:

Exactly!!!!   :D

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#42 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:35 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Oct 17 2006, 07:16 PM, said:

View PostCait, on Oct 17 2006, 07:13 PM, said:

There is an element of power even in such role playing.  One of the partners has power and the other tries to seduce the powerful one.  Or, the powerful one acts all powerful [LOL] over the young and innocent one.

Oddly enough I was about to make a post pointing out that in both scenarios there are power games (Kirk and the Wizard being the most obvious 'powerful' characters)

Ah well, great minds and all  :cool:

Very true Cait and Gode! I never thought about it that way, that even our geeky plays can be traced back to that concept.

Although, in our scenario the Wizard and Kirk have to deal with the fact that both the Princess and the Orion girl have fiery red hair and a temperment to match! ;)

And ya, we really do have those and other fun games. Geek love! It's here and it's proud and we won't be in the closet any longer! :D

enTranced

Edited by enTranced, 17 October 2006 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

View PostenTranced, on Oct 17 2006, 07:35 PM, said:

Very true Cait and Gode! I never thought about it that way, that even our geeky plays can be tarced back to that concept.

Don't worry about it ET, even basic missionary sex has a 'top' and 'bottom' perspective which can be interpreted as the dominant and submissive position. It's extremely mild, but still.

Although, in our scenario the Wizard and Kirk have to deal with the fact that both the Princess and the Orion girl have fiery red hair and a temperment to match! ;)

Ah, them redheads get you every time :D

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#44 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:51 PM

The whole thing about the BDSM communities is th foundation of trust. It is the common thread in the community where you trust your partner to respect your wishes, but the thrill is the possibility of it not happening.

However, you will find that many of us perverts will be the first to expose a pedophile or someone that is a danger? Why you ask? Self-Preservation...

We want to be left alone but thanks to the minority (The ones that commit the crimes), the rest have to police themsevles and put a halt to such activities before it comes back to bite the community in the ass.

Case in point - Renderotica. Any type of fetish pretty much went, except Pedophilia and Bestiality. Both fetishes were zero-tolerence offenses and usually led to the image in question being removed immediately. In some case, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt but there are a number of cases where the user has a fit of righetous indignation because the site refuses to display his brand of smut. Those users usually talk themselves into a perma-ban.

Now given the sheer volume of images posted on a daily basis, it is near impossible for the moderators to police every single image. This is were the community has been instrumental in making sure the site does not get shut down because of someone else's stupidity. Users can (And do) flag questionable images for the admin in charge of enforcing TOS to take a look at.

Like I sadi, self-preservation in these cases.

This being said, I have also encountered female predators in my time on the net. This one liked to lure young males into her cyber and cons.

Edited by Natolii, 17 October 2006 - 02:54 PM.

"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#45 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:51 PM

View PostenTranced, on Oct 17 2006, 12:35 PM, said:

And ya, we really do have those and other fun games. Geek love! It's here and it's proud and we won't be in the closet any longer! :D

enTranced

*wipes a tear from her eye*

I'm just so proud of you both.  :p

Source:

#46 Caithness

Caithness

Nemo me impune lacessit.

• Islander
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

View PostNonny, on Oct 15 2006, 09:58 PM, said:

View PostRhea, on Oct 15 2006, 06:29 PM, said:

Sort of puts paid to the fundie view of gay males as pedophiles, doesn't it?  :blink:  :Oo:  :wacko:
You'd think so, wouldn't you, but folks who want excuses to hate gays, or any other group, for that matter, don't pay much attention to facts.   :(  :angry:

Nonny

Kids are androgenous; a guy who rapes little boys may be married and have kids.  His choice to rape boys doesn't have much to do with sexuality, because kids are pretty much sexless except for their genitals.  I wouldn't call a pedophile homosexual unless he had consensual sex with males his own age.
Posted Image

#47 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

View PostNatolii, on Oct 17 2006, 07:51 PM, said:

However, you will find that many of us perverts will be the first to expose a pedophile or someone that is a danger? Why you ask? Self-Preservation...

Very true that. Many alternative sexual kinks are quite harmless. But we live in a world of soundbytes and black and whites where 'all gays are pedo's' ignoring everything, including facts which get in the way.

I don't blame the BDSM scene for being it's own police in that regards, because they, no more than any other group, want to be victimised by ignorant people whose sole understanding of their lifestyle comes from a three second videoclip on the news.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#48 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

View PostNatolii, on Oct 17 2006, 12:51 PM, said:

The whole thing about the BDSM communities is th foundation of trust. It is the common thread in the community where you trust your partner to respect your wishes, but the thrill is the possibility of it not happening.

Yes.  Trust is key, as well as communication.  

I've found that there is a whole lot more discussion about what is erotic and what isn't in the kink community.  They're all looking for some kind of kink-match, so to speak.  They want to be with someone who is compatible with their kinks.  That takes a lot of communication and openness.  I've not found that the same kind of communication goes on in the early"getting to know each other" part of vanilla relationships.

In fact, I've found more relationships break up over incompatible sexual preferences.  It ranks right up there with money issues.  One partner prefers oral sex, the other penile/vaginal sex.  Or one has a sex drive that is more active than the other partner.  All issues that should have been discussed prior to sexual activity even beginning IMHO.

But vanillas often think it is all 'just understood'.  When in fact it just isn't.  Even in the vanilla community, some couples never practice anything but straight genital sex, while others are more adventurous orally and anally.  But it seldom gets discussed openly and honesty.  In the BDSM community it does--at great length.  Heck, the discussion is part of the foreplay in some cases.

Aye.  The law is not on our side.  In some states consent is still not a defense against assault and battery charges being filed against a Top--even though the bottom consented, and in some cases begged for the activity.  self-preservations is a must given the nature of the laws from state to state, public opinion and negative stereotypes.

Which is why I'll be surprised if I find any studies that conclude that a BDSM fetish or kink [and BDSM is a catch all umbrellas for almost all kinks so there is no uniformity of behavior even within the community], is directly related to more violent behavior in criminals who rape and abuse children sexually.  I'll be very surprised if it is any higher than in the vanilla population.

Source:

#49 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

OK, here is an interesting link.  The page shows the differences between BDMS and abuse.  Still looking for any stats on this that relate to the disucssion.

http://www.domsubfri...y/bd-v-ab.shtml

Source:

#50 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:57 PM

View PostCait, on Oct 17 2006, 04:07 PM, said:

Which is why I'll be surprised if I find any studies that conclude that a BDSM fetish or kink [and BDSM is a catch all umbrellas for almost all kinks so there is no uniformity of behavior even within the community], is directly related to more violent behavior in criminals who rape and abuse children sexually.  I'll be very surprised if it is any higher than in the vanilla population.

Well, Cait, as far as I know, there was only one case where the life style was put on trial and that was when the guy died while seeing a Professional Dom and they tried to hide the body.
"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#51 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:00 PM

View PostCait, on Oct 17 2006, 04:19 PM, said:

OK, here is an interesting link.  The page shows the differences between BDMS and abuse.  Still looking for any stats on this that relate to the disucssion.

http://www.domsubfri...y/bd-v-ab.shtml

Sounds good, Cait. There's also a discussion thread on Renderotica, but I can't link it due to TOS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sexual Orientation, Pedophilia, Discussion, Differences, Sex

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users