Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Enemy propaganda now the unvarnished truth?

Media 2006 Enemy Propaganda CNN

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

View PostG1223, on Oct 25 2006, 09:20 AM, said:

Now now now  you must understand that CNN is not working with terrorists they simply want to pass along unbaised reporting of the facts as they make them up.

Fox is the one that makes things up. CNN has it's ups and downs. I like Lou Dobbs, but that's about it.

But people need to see what is happening in Iraq. The news coverage has slowed to a snails pace, they just report the number of dead and say little else. If people accually see someone getting killed. maybe they will understand what is happening over there, and start asking "Why?" A good question with elections on the way.
Can't Touch This!!

#22 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:15 PM

QT: Who precisely is behind this so-called "controversy"?

:)

Brace yourself for some way over-the-top commentary on the matter of CNN's act of "treason":

http://mediamatters....ms/200610240021

By the way, if anyone goes to CNN's website and looks up the print story that accompanies this video, you'll find that half of it is devoted to interviewing one of the Marine's top snipers (now retured) about how they are fighting back against these snipers. We are, after all, in a sniping war with insurgents. That's not propaganda, just a fact.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ideo/index.html
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#23 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

I saw the video on CNN and it was hard to watch, as it should be.  I applaud CNN for showing it.  As an American citizen it is my right AND my duty to vote and it is my duty to keep myself educated on the issues effecting this country and other countries that fall under our shadow.  When we are asked to send our children our husbands our wives to fight in a war there better be a damn good reason for it.  When we aren't told the truth, when bodies come home in flag draped coffins and the government keeps us from seeing what war is really about then we aren't being informed or educated.  War is a terrible thing, people die, they get torn apart by bullets and bombs and if they aren't killed they are maimed, that is an ugly truth but one that needs to be considered when deciding to go to war.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#24 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

CNN is willing to be used by any forgien government as a way to get their'truth' out there. Unless they are a Republican President and then they link arms with the rest and spin and spool the news however helps the democrats

As opposed to FOX being used by our domestic Republican government? At least what CNN reported was actually true, not some "rah rah Republican BS". Personally, if Americans can't deal with the consequences of what is done in their name, then they shouldn't let it be done.

Edited by Lin731, 25 October 2006 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:53 PM

Sorry Kosh where is the made up news? That would be See BS dragging up forged documents and then claiming that while it was a forgery the idea behind it was on the mark.

Then we have NBC which could not get the big boom effect for a news story about how unsafe a truck was so they rigged it to go BOOM.  

Then we have ABC which had a investigating reporter edit her story about unsafe a supermarket was  in it's food handling. Yet the raw footage shows the market acting in a safe manner.

CNN which worked with Hezbolla to get out the story about how bad  Israel was in it's attacks. Even after it was proven to be made up and the bodies were moved to location after location to make the propaganda.

Where is Fox in the making up of news? Because I see the others doing it hand over fist.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#26 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:45 AM

I seriously don't like those type things on my television ....... and yet; if CNN didn't show when they could it would be self censorship, and if anyone else denied them to show it, it would be: Censorship. They could have said: we are about to show ... you have the choice, after this description you can turn away, choose not to see, and those who choose for, can see this clip but the bloody two seconds will be cut'
They also could have a news story on it in which they describe but don't show it, then it's straight news and not aiding the enemy visual campaign ;) (that would be self censorship which is better than all these folk trying to impose upon them with rants, which would be not-self censorship)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#27 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:20 AM

G, check out this video.

Be sure to check out the brief second part, which reports that the Florida appeals court revoked these ex-Fox reporters' whistleblower status and declared that news organizations are not obligated to tell the truth.

:eek4:
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#28 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

This is another time when I'm going to suggest to people that they take the situation and "turn it around" and ask if it still makes sense.

What if it was the US that was invaded and our leader carried off to stand trial? How would we react? How would you hope we would react? Would you be proud of the American "freedom fighters" who were standing up to the invaders? Would you want our story to be told outside the borders of our country? Would you want the media of the invading country to be brave and honest enough to help tell the story?

#29 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

Sorry Kosh where is the made up news? That would be See BS dragging up forged documents and then claiming that while it was a forgery the idea behind it was on the mark.

Bill Oriley lies on almost a nightly basis, and only Oberman calls him on it.
Can't Touch This!!

#30 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:15 PM

Was hearing how CPN (Cable Propaganda Network) got their info. They went out and looked to find the terrorists and got their propaganda and called it news.

Then keep shouting they are Americans. I would say if this was WWII that they would be shouting this from a jail cell next to Lord Ha Ha.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#31 JamesValEson

JamesValEson

Indomitable Cowbell Juggernaut

• Islander
  • 406 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:23 AM

View PostKosh, on Oct 26 2006, 08:31 AM, said:

I just had to respond to this.

Yeah, and the rest of the media peeps are Virtous purveyors of the truth.  :sarcasm:

I consider my self a middle of the road type (Yeah, the lefties'll call me far right, the righties will call me a lefty), and even though I don't agree with some of what he says, I'll take what he says over the rest of the media types out there spouting off about what's going on around the world .

On the topic, I don't agree with the showing of the footage on tv. I don't agree with showing any of that on tv, all it serves is shock value.

Of course, if you think this bad, a local station showed the footage of that first guy (Nick Berg, was it?) that was beheaded in Iraq during their 9 PM news, they blacked out at the part where the guys get his head cut off, but left the audio going for part of it. I was ready to call them up myself and ask them what they were thinking.

People might say that this is just showing what is going on over there, and in the cases of the blogs on the net, I'd agree, that's what alot of the blogs do. Show the stories that the main-stream media can't, or in most cases, won't due to it being too inflammatory or, like these vid, too graphic.

Some may call showing the vid, and others like it, part of showing what goes on over there, but the big reason they show it is for the shock value, Plain and Simple, nothing else to it.

My rambleings might have been brought up previously, but hey, I just saw this post, and was only able to skim through it  :ninjadeath: .

Barry
Barry, aka James ValEson, Captain of the starship USS Wolf 359, NCC-75820.

(Quotes from the dedication plaque for USS Wolf 359)

"This ship was built to honor those lost to the Borg at Wolf 359,
and made to keep it from happening again."
      - James Val Eson, at the launch of starship Wolf 359, NX-75820.

"Risk...Is our Business..."
     - James T. Kirk

And now some silly quotes from Mythbusters:
"I reject your reality, and substitue my own." Adam

"Quack! Damn you!" Jamie

#32 JamesValEson

JamesValEson

Indomitable Cowbell Juggernaut

• Islander
  • 406 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

View PostJamesValEson, on Oct 31 2006, 07:23 AM, said:

View PostKosh, on Oct 26 2006, 08:31 AM, said:

I just had to respond to this.

Yeah, and the rest of the media peeps are Virtous purveyors of the truth.  :sarcasm:

I consider my self a middle of the road type (Yeah, the lefties'll call me far right, the righties will call me a lefty), and even though I don't agree with some of what he says, I'll take what he says over the rest of the media types out there spouting off about what's going on around the world (Besides, he doesn't reply to remarks about him by saying 'Here kitty,kitty, kitty').

On the topic, I don't agree with the showing of the footage on tv. I don't agree with showing any of that on tv, all it serves is shock value.

Of course, if you think this bad, a local station showed the footage of that first guy (Nick Berg, was it?) that was beheaded in Iraq during their 9 PM news, they blacked out at the part where the guys get his head cut off, but left the audio going for part of it. I was ready to call them up myself and ask them what they were thinking.

People might say that this is just showing what is going on over there, and in the cases of the blogs on the net, I'd agree, that's what alot of the blogs do. Show the stories that the main-stream media can't, or in most cases, won't due to it being too inflammatory or, like these vid, too graphic.

Some may call showing the vid, and others like it, part of showing what goes on over there, but the big reason they show it is for the shock value, Plain and Simple, nothing else to it.

My rambleings might have been brought up previously, but hey, I just saw this post, and was only able to skim through it  :ninjadeath: .

Barry

Barry, aka James ValEson, Captain of the starship USS Wolf 359, NCC-75820.

(Quotes from the dedication plaque for USS Wolf 359)

"This ship was built to honor those lost to the Borg at Wolf 359,
and made to keep it from happening again."
      - James Val Eson, at the launch of starship Wolf 359, NX-75820.

"Risk...Is our Business..."
     - James T. Kirk

And now some silly quotes from Mythbusters:
"I reject your reality, and substitue my own." Adam

"Quack! Damn you!" Jamie

#33 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

View PostG1223, on Oct 30 2006, 10:15 PM, said:

Was hearing how CPN (Cable Propaganda Network) got their info. They went out and looked to find the terrorists and got their propaganda and called it news.

Then keep shouting they are Americans. I would say if this was WWII that they would be shouting this from a jail cell next to Lord Ha Ha.

G, it's their country. We went in and told them how they should run their country. We keep telling them that everyone should have a voice in their government. The war is supposed to be over and we lost 100 US soldiers this month alone.

Don't you want to know why?

#34 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

The reason is that there are elements from that bastin of freedom known as Iran. They supply cash and arms and safe bases to terrorists as they have done since the 70's.

And that soldiers are dying is a sad thing but truth be told if to get the news on why it means becomming a mouthpiece for the terrorists then you are suppling propaganda and that is giving aid to the enemy. Which is one of the corners of treason.

We took out a government which time and again played games with the world in the searching for weapons that violated the terms of the cease fire.  Note it was not a peace we were enforcing it was we agreed to stop shooting at him if he was disarmed.

The things the left want to forget are. There was a resolution saying we would stop shooting if he was disarmed. He was proven time and again to not be disarming. (Or was that rocket factory simply working 24/7 out of need for 4th of July orders?)

How many years were we suppose to wait? 15 20 30 40 1000 years?  Or was it till the DNC was back in power and then we would have the political leaders and the media ,which would be just as lapdog blind as they were in the early 1960's when they had Johnson in the White House, ready to support going after Saddam and Co.

You know next time the UN does not want enforce it's resolutions we should leave.  It has proven time and again to be the heir of the Leauge of nations.

On a last note the number of troops who have died in the whole war and aftermath makes a WWII battle look like bloodbath even the ones where it was a small engagement. Or maybe the fact more die from car wrecks cancer or smoking in a year than have died in this whole war of over 3 years.

I sometimes think that with the press and bloodless folks on the left that we have today would have avoided D-Day if it were fought today.

TANSTAAFL

#35 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

View PostG1223, on Oct 31 2006, 06:42 PM, said:

The reason is that there are elements from that bastin of freedom known as Iran. They supply cash and arms and safe bases to terrorists as they have done since the 70's.

Our time in Iraq has NOTHING to do with Iran.

And that soldiers are dying is a sad thing but truth be told if to get the news on why it means becomming a mouthpiece for the terrorists then you are suppling propaganda and that is giving aid to the enemy. Which is one of the corners of treason.

The "enemy". What did this country ever do to us? There was a time when they invaded another country; we were asked to help and we drove them back. This time they did nothing and we went in anyway. We took over in a place we had no business being in. Listening to the other side of the story is not giving them "aid". Aren't we saying that we want their people to make their own decisions and speak their own mind? Well, it seems to me that they've made decisions and their actions are speaking quite clearly: they don't want our "help" and they don't want us in their country.

We took out a government which time and again played games with the world in the searching for weapons that violated the terms of the cease fire.

Weapons that were never found and probably never existed. Don't we play games? Don't we keep all sorts of missiles, just in case someone disagrees with us?

The things the left want to forget are. There was a resolution saying we would stop shooting if he was disarmed.

He didn't have any arms? And what if someone started attacking the US until we disarmed? What would you think of that?

He was proven time and again to not be disarming. (Or was that rocket factory simply working 24/7 out of need for 4th of July orders?)

No, no such thing was proven ever. No weapons were ever found!

You know next time the UN does not want enforce it's resolutions we should leave.

Then it's time for us to leave.

On a last note the number of troops who have died in the whole war and aftermath makes a WWII battle look like bloodbath even the ones where it was a small engagement. Or maybe the fact more die from car wrecks cancer or smoking in a year than have died in this whole war of over 3 years.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Smoking deaths are what, 3,000 - the entire US deaths for the war? But that's 3,000 out of 260 million for smoking (or 1/4 of 260 million). How many troops have gone over there compared to how many died? Why do we need our people dying because we don't like how another country runs themselves?

I sometimes think that with the press and bloodless folks on the left that we have today would have avoided D-Day if it were fought today.

Apples and oranges. Hitler was trying to take over the world. Saddam couldn't do all that much and he was at the point in his life when he knew it.

#36 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

You mean the rocket factory that was in CNN and all the news services before we went after Saddam made up the rocket factory.  Not a big surprise that the media would do such a thing.

It was that factory and the line of BS from Saddam he was going to let inspectors in that gave the appeasers their rally cry of let the inspectors do their job.

TANSTAAFL

#37 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:54 PM

Appeasers G? Is that what you call people with the good sense to say we ought to do everything we can to NOT kill our soldiers and Iraqi civilians needlessly? If that's the definition of an "Appeasers" than I'll gladly be one. It was those same "appeasers" that didn't buy into the Bush administrations BS to begin with and the same "appeasers" who sadly predicted the direction this Iraq war would take. I'd say we needed more "appeasers" or as I like to call them "thinkers" and less Rah Rah, flagwavers. Particularly when they're gungho to send someone else to war (all from the safety of their own livingrooms). Sometimes wars are a nessesary evil and sometimes they're un unnessesary one. Iraq is the latter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

View PostG1223, on Oct 31 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

You mean the rocket factory that was in CNN and all the news services before we went after Saddam made up the rocket factory.  Not a big surprise that the media would do such a thing.

It was that factory and the line of BS from Saddam he was going to let inspectors in that gave the appeasers their rally cry of let the inspectors do their job.

I could turn my house into a shoe factory, but not have any shoes. Saddam had no rockets; he had no WMD. The inspectors looked around. They found nothing.

#39 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:17 PM

View PostBroph, on Oct 31 2006, 05:07 PM, said:

View PostG1223, on Oct 31 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

I could turn my house into a shoe factory, but not have any shoes. Saddam had no rockets; he had no WMD. The inspectors looked around. They found nothing.

I agree. I'm absolutely amazed that there's a single human being left who believes Saddam had WMD's.  :blink:  :Oo: In the 80's, sure. When we invaded, no way. We've proved that to an exhausting degree. Next excuse. :sarcasm:

Edited by Rhea, 31 October 2006 - 08:18 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#40 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

There were rockets that the inspectors found prior to the war that were in violation of the ceasefire. The factory was working when Saddam called a halt to the inspection and then after we started to gear up to hit him he made noise about allowing the inspectors back in. But by then it was too late.

TANSTAAFL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Media, 2006, Enemy Propaganda, CNN

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users