21 replies to this topic

#21 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:03 PM

View PostDev F, on Nov 1 2006, 03:08 PM, said:

View PostenTranced, on Nov 1 2006, 08:59 AM, said:

Can you please explain this? When has Hillary Clinton EVER tried to take our rights away?
I'd mention her sponsorship of blatantly unconstitutional legislation to ban flag burning, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Spidey was talking about. :)

Well, it's pretty much already legislated under the Flag code, but with all the flags flying at night, in rainstorms, being used as doormats, etc., I don't know how much enforcement those laws get.

http://www4.law.corn...00----000-.html

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 33 > 700 Prev | Next

700. Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties

(a)
(1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

That's been law since 1968.

Edited by Broph, 01 November 2006 - 02:06 PM.

#22 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

View PostBroph, on Nov 1 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

View PostDev F, on Nov 1 2006, 03:08 PM, said:

View PostenTranced, on Nov 1 2006, 08:59 AM, said:

Can you please explain this? When has Hillary Clinton EVER tried to take our rights away?
I'd mention her sponsorship of blatantly unconstitutional legislation to ban flag burning, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Spidey was talking about. :)

Well, it's pretty much already legislated under the Flag code, but with all the flags flying at night, in rainstorms, being used as doormats, etc., I don't know how much enforcement those laws get.

Exactly.

It's another case of not needing new laws just upholding the ones we DO have.

enTranced
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election, 2006, Mid-terms, Hillary Clinton, New York Post, Endorsement

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users