Obituaries Ed Bradley 2006 Journalist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

(CBS) Veteran 60 Minutes correspondent Ed Bradley died Thursday at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan of complications from leukemia.

Bradley joined the staff of the venerable news magazine 26 years ago. His consummate skills as a broadcast journalist and his distinctive body of work were recognized with numerous awards, including 19 Emmys, the latest for a segment that reported the reopening of the 50-year-old racial murder case of Emmett Till.

CBS News

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,326 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:49 PM

:(  Wow....  that's a huge loss.

My sympathies to his family, and to the folks at 60 minutes....

Godspeed your journey, Ed Bradley.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

Mark: I always enjoyed watching Ed, and am very saddened to hear about his passing. Deepest condolences to his friends, family.

Edited by Mark, 09 November 2006 - 02:03 PM.

Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#4 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:22 PM

Really sad news....Bradley was a good interviewer and a delight to watch because he was smart, funny, and unpretentious and was really good at connecting with his subject. I'll miss him.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#5 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

What a classy guy and what an enormous loss.  :(
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Ed Bradley, 2006, Journalist

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users