Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

O.J Simpson describes how he would have killed his wife in his book

Crime OJ Simpson If I did it 2006 Media

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:08 AM

OJ's loves to have his itch scratched, and if he can brag about killing those folks (even if he doesn't directly admit to), he's re-living the fact that he did it and got away with it.  I bet he's gettin' a rise outta that.  Heck, I know he's gettin' a rise out of it.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#42 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

I will never understand why this wacky bastard is still depriving some more-worthy-of-life maggots of a good meal.  He's been playing little games like this for a while now:

In 1998 at the end of an interview conducted by Ruby Wax for BBC1, Simpson mimed stabbing her with a banana while mimicking the theme music from Psycho.
In 2001, he was tried for burglary and battery in a Florida road rage case that received some publicity, but he was again found not guilty. This verdict was also covered on live national television on an October morning.
During 2003, Simpson filmed a Pay-Per-View comedy special titled Juiced. The show, a hidden camera set up show, drew criticism for a sketch where Simpson attempts to sell the infamous White Ford Bronco at a used car lot, telling the salesman, "It was good for me. It helped me get away." A DVD is planned with extra and uncensored material.

And now this book and TV interview... which there shouldn't even be a market for, but I'm sure there will be, considering that we are the countrywhose taste is keeping Jeff Foxworthy in Armani...

I don't know if the scumbag is winking at us, or if he's been driven mad from getting away with it and wants to get caught after all, or what.  

If he confessed, I think they should be able to try him again.  If nothing else, they could get him for perjury  for lying during the first trial.

I wish one of the surviving relatives had a little more ambition, though... that would be somebody I wouldn't mind getting away with murder.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#43 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:27 AM

View PostZwolf, on Nov 16 2006, 09:16 AM, said:

If he confessed, I think they should be able to try him again.
I wouldn't go that far. Double jeopardy protection can seem really unfair in cases like this, but it's a vital constitutional right that we really shouldn't monkey with. Better that a guilty man go free than that countless innocents be harrassed with retrial after retrial.

#44 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:30 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Double jeopardy protection can seem really unfair in cases like this, but it's a vital constitutional right that we really shouldn't monkey with. Better that a guilty man go free than that countless innocents be harrassed with retrial after retrial.

I'd agree ordinarily, but in the case of a murderer confessing?  If somebody admitted they killed somebody after the trial, I'd make an exception.  

But, in the case of a confession, I don't really mind skipping the trial and going straight to the execution...

Cheers,

Zwolf

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."

#45 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

And now this book and TV interview... which there shouldn't even be a market for, but I'm sure there will be, considering that we are the countrywhose taste is keeping Jeff Foxworthy in Armani...

While I agree that marketing is driving the whole OJ thing, comparing the taste for Foxworthy (of whom I am a fan--I grew up in areas where much of what he makes fun of is so terribly true) with the taste for OJ (whom I find to be a miserable worm of a human being, if he is that) is comparing apples and oranges.  Foxworthy (along with the other Blue Collar Boys) is out there joking about the realities of country living and family life, which some of us experienced and remember fondly (or at times, not so fondly).  OJ's out there getting his kicks off the fact that he committed murder, was tried, and walked inspite of the evidence against him.  FOX network wants ratings and 'tis the season for 'em too, no matter the cost or reason.

I don't know if the scumbag is winking at us, or if he's been driven mad from getting away with it and wants to get caught after all, or what.

He's gettin' his jollies that he can write about a "hypothetical" murder he "may have committed" and still make money off it, inspite of the law prohibiting from making money off his crime.  He's making money of his crime because 12 people were stupid enough to walk him.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

#46 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

Trivia: when we were all watching the White Bronco chase, I was living in the same apartment (not bldg--*unit*) that OJ had lived in when he first moved to Buffalo to play for the Bills.  

It was creepy.  

(By the time the verdict was in, though, I had moved back to the NYC-area.)

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#47 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

While I agree that marketing is driving the whole OJ thing, comparing the taste for Foxworthy (of whom I am a fan--I grew up in areas where much of what he makes fun of is so terribly true)

So did I (heck, I've got a cousin who practically worships Larry the Cable Guy - he even started wearing a big fishhook on his cap), but I still think he's no comic genius.  He's okay, I don't hate 'im, I like some of his stuff, but... I dunno, it kinda bugs me sometimes that he's such an icon when much of what he does is such easy LCD stuff.   Still, he's better than what Jay Leno's turned into...

with the taste for OJ (whom I find to be a miserable worm of a human being, if he is that) is comparing apples and oranges. Foxworthy (along with the other Blue Collar Boys) is out there joking about the realities of country living and family life, which some of us experienced and remember fondly (or at times, not so fondly). OJ's out there getting his kicks off the fact that he committed murder, was tried, and walked inspite of the evidence against him.

This is true... it's probably not my best analogy ever. :)  I definitely didn't mean that Foxworthy was evil (I think he's probably a nice fella, actually)... just that the popularity of his material was a sign that we as a people weren't on the verge of entering any new stage of enlightenment. :)  I would have used Larry the Cable Guy (a.k.a. Dan Whitney the totally-faking-it mofo from Nebraska) as a better target, 'cept I don't think he's got any Armani... :)   And I couldn't use Ron White, 'cuz Ron White is actually sorta a genius...

FOX network wants ratings and 'tis the season for 'em too, no matter the cost or reason.

FOX is one extremely cynical corporation.  First they run the kind of shows conservatives usually complain about on their channel, and actually pioneered a lot of the sleazing-up of TV (I remember well an uber-conservative boss of mine ranting about how Married With Children was a sign of liberal permissiveness that would cause God to turn his face from us :) ), then they played to the conservatives with FOX News... and now they've opened a new wing to court the religious with their FoxFaith imprint.  It's hilarious to me... mock Ned Flanders types on one channel, kiss up to 'em on the next!   It's like no matter what Fox channel you watch, they'll make you a hypocrite some way or another...

He's gettin' his jollies that he can write about a "hypothetical" murder he "may have committed" and still make money off it, inspite of the law prohibiting from making money off his crime. He's making money of his crime because 12 people were stupid enough to walk him.

Yep.  Rubbing our faces in it gives him some weird thrill, I think...

Cheers,

Zwolf

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."

#48 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:26 AM

View PostZwolf, on Nov 16 2006, 10:12 AM, said:

While I agree that marketing is driving the whole OJ thing, comparing the taste for Foxworthy (of whom I am a fan--I grew up in areas where much of what he makes fun of is so terribly true)

So did I (heck, I've got a cousin who practically worships Larry the Cable Guy - he even started wearing a big fishhook on his cap), but I still think he's no comic genius. He's okay, I don't hate 'im, I like some of his stuff, but... I dunno, it kinda bugs me sometimes that he's such an icon when much of what he does is such easy LCD stuff. Still, he's better than what Jay Leno's turned into...
Actually, of all the Blue Collar guys, he's my least favorite.  I like the other three (Bill, Jeff, and Ron) much better.  Ron's latest, "You Can't Fix Stupid," was on Comedy Channel a few weeks ago and I watched it again for the umpteenth time.  Fantastic stuff.  Loved it.  Mel and I went and saw Bill Engvall live recently; his new routine is actually much better than some of his older stuff.  

FOX network wants ratings and 'tis the season for 'em too, no matter the cost or reason.

View PostZwolf, on Nov 16 2006, 10:12 AM, said:

FOX is one extremely cynical corporation. First they run the kind of shows conservatives usually complain about on their channel, and actually pioneered a lot of the sleazing-up of TV (I remember well an uber-conservative boss of mine ranting about how Married With Children was a sign of liberal permissiveness that would cause God to turn his face from us :) ), then they played to the conservatives with FOX News... and now they've opened a new wing to court the religious with their FoxFaith imprint. It's hilarious to me... mock Ned Flanders types on one channel, kiss up to 'em on the next! It's like no matter what Fox channel you watch, they'll make you a hypocrite some way or another...
Does watching "Bones" make me a hypocrite?  I like that show.  I do watch FOXNews, but mostly from the 5-7 hours (CST) for their national news shows.  And occasionally, "War Stories."

#49 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

Actually, of all the Blue Collar guys, he's my least favorite.

I think Larry's stuff is sorta funny, sometimes, but he's definitely about as low-brow as it gets... and he is totally faking it.  It's kinda like this... I don't really dislike Larry, but I think the smackdown that David Cross gave him is one of the funniest things ever! :)

I like the other three (Bill, Jeff, and Ron) much better. Ron's latest, "You Can't Fix Stupid," was on Comedy Channel a few weeks ago and I watched it again for the umpteenth time. Fantastic stuff. Loved it.

Yep, I'm a Ron White fan.  He's easily the smartest one of the bunch. :)

Mel and I went and saw Bill Engvall live recently; his new routine is actually much better than some of his older stuff.

Bill Engvall's okay, I like him alright.  He's kinda like Jeff - a "safe" comedian.  I run more toward the Bill Hicks, Sarah Silverman school, but there's nothing wrong with "safe" once in a while.  Henry Cho's also not bad, safe-wise.  He's kind of an "unofficial" Blue Collar Tour guy... I don't know why they don't just bring him on in, full time. :)

Does watching "Bones" make me a hypocrite? I like that show.

Mmmm... maybe, but if it does, watching The Simpsons and stuff once in a while makes me one, too, so, I can't throw any rocks. :)  There's nothing wrong with watching any of 'em, really, but they are kinda using us all in one way or another... :)

I do watch FOXNews, but mostly from the 5-7 hours (CST) for their national news shows. And occasionally, "War Stories."

I flip by there a little, just to see what they're up to...

Cheers,

Zwolf

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."

#50 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

OJ is a waste of oxygen. What a vile, disgusting, money grubbing, arrogant *a$$h*le. He's basically laughing in our faces "Haha ha, I got away with it. Now give me some more money so I can taunt my victims families some more with the fact that I can get away with ignoring the civil judgement too". :angry: FOX should be ashamed of itself for giving that POS a forum of any sort. To this day, I don't know how that jury sleeps at night, having left that walking disease go free.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

Anyone that buys his book, that pays him for any interviews, it's like they're rewarding him for his committing murder and getting away with it.  It makes my stomach clinch up to think about it.  :barf:  

View PostJamesValEson, on Nov 16 2006, 07:19 AM, said:

View PostCait, on Nov 15 2006, 08:41 PM, said:

You know what else is creepy, that any legitimate news source would do this kind of interview.  It's so Jerry Springer.  FOX News has reached an all time low.

OK, First off, it's the Fox NETWORK (ie: The network that brings you The OC), not Fox News, putting this crap up.
Thanks for the clarification.  

View PostZwolf, on Nov 16 2006, 10:54 AM, said:

Does watching "Bones" make me a hypocrite? I like that show.

Mmmm... maybe, but if it does, watching The Simpsons and stuff once in a while makes me one, too, so, I can't throw any rocks. :)  There's nothing wrong with watching any of 'em, really, but they are kinda using us all in one way or another... :)
And I like House.  I admit I'd hate to have to wait a week & a half or longer to catch the re-run on USA of the latest episode.  :look:  

View PostZwolf, on Nov 16 2006, 10:54 AM, said:

I do watch FOXNews, but mostly from the 5-7 hours (CST) for their national news shows. And occasionally, "War Stories."

I flip by there a little, just to see what they're up to...
I like to check out a variety of news sources.  Sometimes one will pick up something another one misses or ignores.
Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.

#52 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

This interview sounds like something Geraldo Rivera might do. :blink:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#53 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

^ Yep.  I was reminded of the interview that Geraldo did of Charles Manson years ago.  That was mega creepy!  That interview just mainly demonstrated how dangerously insane Manson is.  Too bad O.J. can't join Charlie.  :smirk:

Edited by Jazzergold, 16 November 2006 - 11:59 PM.

#54 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:05 AM

Oh, yeah, I heard that FOX is getting a lot of flack from people about the O.J. interview.  I heard that at least one advertiser was pulling their ads from FOX in protest.  If they keep getting enough flack, I wonder if FOX will cancel airing the interview.

#55 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:00 AM

All I want to say is, this is one sick bastard.  It isn't so much if he killed his ex-wife, and Goldman, he DID kill them, and got away with it. :barf:  All these years looking for the real killer on those golf courses.  All he has to do is look in the mirror.  And to write a book like this is just disgusting and I hope no one buys it.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#56 JamesValEson

JamesValEson

Indomitable Cowbell Juggernaut

• Islander
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:10 AM

View PostJazzergold, on Nov 16 2006, 11:05 PM, said:

Oh, yeah, I heard that FOX is getting a lot of flack from people about the O.J. interview.  I heard that at least one advertiser was pulling their ads from FOX in protest.  If they keep getting enough flack, I wonder if FOX will cancel airing the interview.

No prob on the clarification, I hope it didn't sound too rude :angel: .

Hopefully, they'll cave and pull this from the schedule. I'd also settle for a judge to issue an injunction on them if the Goldmans go after this.

Personnally, I'm not just made sick in the soul by this, but the very idea of this possibly taking off as a new thing on the networks would be simply sickening.

Barry
Barry, aka James ValEson, Captain of the starship USS Wolf 359, NCC-75820.

(Quotes from the dedication plaque for USS Wolf 359)

"This ship was built to honor those lost to the Borg at Wolf 359,
and made to keep it from happening again."
      - James Val Eson, at the launch of starship Wolf 359, NX-75820.

"Risk...Is our Business..."
     - James T. Kirk

And now some silly quotes from Mythbusters:
"I reject your reality, and substitue my own." Adam

"Quack! Damn you!" Jamie

#57 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

I can tell you that there is no way that I would waste my time watching this show.

I almost feel sick thinking about OJ talking about this and profiting off his crimes.  And I worry so much about those two kids.  

BTW....Barbara Walters said yesterday on The View that they had offered her the chance to do this interview and she told them NO!!!!

She wanted nothing to do with him or this book.

I wonder how many people and networks they shopped this interview to before FOX jumped on it.?

Edited by trikay, 17 November 2006 - 08:43 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#58 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:15 PM

Specs writes:

The only thing I'm looking forward to reading concerning OJ is his obituary.

This post is the one I agree with most. The only thing this piece of excrement is good for is feeding the worms-unless they choke on him first.  :glare:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#59 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

I agree; I look forward to the day when someone asks me, "What do you know about OJ Simpson?" I can say, "He's at supper." (Ref. Hamlet Act IV Scene iii.)

#60 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

View PostJamesValEson, on Nov 17 2006, 07:10 AM, said:

No prob on the clarification, I hope it didn't sound too rude :angel: .
Not to me.   :)   Until I read your post, I hadn't realized that it was FOX and not FOXNews that was supposed to air the interview.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, OJ Simpson, If I did it, 2006, Media

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users