Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Judge's Ruling

Smoking Homeowner's association Judge ruling 2006

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:19 AM

^A fine example of how petty and useless an HOA can become.  Sheeesh.  :crazy:

Edited by Lost Cause, 27 November 2006 - 11:19 AM.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#62 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:22 AM

This quote is from AOL news:

The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Kearns fired all five committee members.

This doesn't sound so much like a HOA problem, as a problem of one lunatic, Kearns, on a crusade.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#63 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

^Petty tyranny.

She said the board had unfairly singled out the display, given that other houses regularly display Christmas lights. A former president of the board, she described the current board as "pretty vitriolic."

Kearns denied any personal vitriol.

Suuuurrrrre.  ;)  There's not something personal going on here.  It smells fishy to me.  Besides, whatever happened to the old Xmas line, "Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men."?

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#64 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:26 PM

Translation: Jesus wants war and peace is the Devil's BFF.  

My friend Juan wrote on his blog:

Bob Kearns, president of the Association, who is clearly delusional and drunk with power, ordered satan's spawn Ms. Jensen to remove her peace symbol after concluding that it was, well, pro-peace, which according to Mr. Kearns, is the wrong message to be sending to the children during the Holiday celebrating the birth of Christ.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#65 Enkephalen

Enkephalen

Peekaboo Poster

• Islander
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

When you buy a condo, you have to abide by the CC&Rs (covenants, conditions and restrictions) as a member of the HOA.  They can, and will, make your life a living hell if you decide to go against those CC&Rs.  

However, even if you own your own home, you have the City's form of CC&Rs to follow.  You have to check with whatever city you live in to see what they are, but they too can make your life a living nightmare if you fail to abide by their rules.  They dictate the set back for your property, the wall height, the color of your home, the type of roofing you decide to use, how many pets you can have, as well as how messy your front yard can be.  So even if you owned your own property, you are still bound by restrictions.

I'm alergic to cigarette smoke.  If I'm around it too much I'll be guaranteed a cluster migraine headache.  Even if I'm around it only briefly, I cannot breathe properly.  I do have the beginnings of asthma.  Couple the smoke with the chance of causing cancer from inhaling the side stream smoke, and I'm all for restricting where one can smoke.

I live in California and it is very restrictive concerning where you can smoke.  So far, being able to smoke in your own home is allowed, but there is a growing concern about children in those smoker homes and whether it might be consider to be child endangerment.

(*sigh* edited because I cannot spell today.)

Edited by Enkephalen, 27 November 2006 - 04:12 PM.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.

#66 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

View PostEnkephalen, on Nov 27 2006, 04:12 PM, said:

I live in California and it is very restrictive concerning where you can smoke.  So far, being able to smoke in your own home is allowed, but there is a growing concern about children in those smoker homes and whether it might be consider to be child endangerment.

Well, that depends, IMO. If the child has asthma, then yes it is a serious danger to the child. But, then, if the child has asthma, so are pets, dust, ect....
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smoking, Homeowner's association, Judge ruling, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users