5 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:05 PM

http://story.news.ya..._us/wd_40_fight

The makers of the lubricant WD-40 are objecting to some Texas lawmakers calling themselves "the WD-40s" — a name they say describes them because they're white Democrats over 40.

The group entered the spotlight two weeks ago when they were among 51 Democrats who fled Texas to Ardmore, Okla., in protest of a Republican-pushed congressional redistricting bill. Republicans hold the majority in the state Legislature.

TBH, of all the possible ramifications of the illegal and petty actions on both sides of this issue, I never expected a WD40 lawsuit to be one of the results.

Just goes to show that you never know how the dice are going to roll....
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:07 PM

This is strange!  Just when the Democrats think they are slippery enough to slip away a lubricant company tacks them to the wall.

Poetic justice is live and well in a strange way. ;)

Note: Interesting the racial connotation the Democrats are spinning on this one.  I'm not sure how to read that one.

Edited by CJ AEGIS, 27 May 2003 - 02:11 PM.

"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#3 ph3n1ks

ph3n1ks

u$oft detractor

• Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 10:51 AM

Your friends are always more fun when lubricated...
Support Evolution! Electrify the gene pool's fence!

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, or just pray for peace!

#4 jon3831

jon3831

Iolanthe's evil conservative twin

• Islander
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 11:09 AM

CJ AEGIS, on May 26 2003, 08:11 PM, said:

This is strange!  Just when the Democrats think they are slippery enough to slip away a lubricant company tacks them to the wall.
I could make any number of jokes about repellent properties of WD-40 and the Texas Democrats, but I'll refrain...

(WD-40 was invented to be a protective coating for the Atlas missile, whose aluminum skin would corrode in the harsh salt water laden air of the Cape Canaveral Missile Station, so a scientist tried to come up with a water displacement formula. As it happened, he was successful on his 40th try. Hence, WD-40. And this has been Jon's Useless Trivia of the Day.)
"The issue is not war and peace, rather, how best to   preserve our freedom."
                    --General Russell E. Dougherty, USAF

WWCELeMD?

#5 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:49 AM

Yep. The Silly Season is definitely upon us. :p :p
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#6 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:35 AM

The Company probably figured they couldn't lose. Even if they don't win, or drop the case, the publicity is priceless.
Can't Touch This!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, Texas Politics, Democrats

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users