• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:21 PM

Defamation of Sanity LotS? You mean you're claiming you're not sane ;) ?
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#22 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

View PostAnastashia, on Dec 12 2006, 07:21 PM, said:

Defamation of Sanity LotS? You mean you're claiming you're not sane ;) ?

Not after a few rounds with the DM!  :devil:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#23 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:31 PM

Mark: "Sanity", is a relative term here on Exisle.  :hehe:
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#24 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:52 PM

View PostMark, on Dec 12 2006, 11:31 PM, said:

Yah-a VERY DISTANT relative. :p~
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#25 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:58 PM

View PostMark, on Dec 12 2006, 06:30 PM, said:

Mark: When I was little, if they would've caught me doing what I was doing in the toybox with a girl I was in daycare with...there would've been scandle for months!!   :p  :blush:

Oh stop it...it was Raggedy Ann, for Pete's sakes. :p Stop with the embellishments already. :p :p
Posted Image

#26 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:03 AM

The principal should be shot for being an idiot.  What the hell does a 4 year old know about sexual harrassment???  He's FOUR!  All they want to do is hug and get attention.  

America is just getting more and more stupid by the day.  :glare:
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#27 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:18 AM

View PostDrew, on Dec 12 2006, 08:38 AM, said:

The thing is, when you're playing with young kids, you WILL get "touched innapropriately." I've been smacked in the 'nads quite frequently, but never on purpose. It's just that when you're playing, those little feet will step on you in places that shouldn't be stepped on.  :blink: Yowtch! Kids don't have any boundaries.

What Drew said.

And working with preschoolers, there's usually one little boy in each class every year who gets the "why we don't touch and/or play with our penis in public" lecture.  :p :p Little girls are off the hook due to lack of exterior plumbing to play with. :D

We did, however, have a mom back a few years ago who had breasts the size of Manhatten who would let both her preschoolers bury their heads in her boobs (not nursing, practically fondling) while you'd be having a conversation with her (and you could get LOST in those things  :eek2: ). :eek:

She was letting the little girl do the boob-nestling thing during a conversation she was having with me one summer, and she asked me if it bothered me (my eyes were probably crossing  :wacko: ). I just flat out told her that a) it was distracting to other people and b)inappropriate behavior in public, and probably not a good behavior to encourage (I had more than a passing thought that they might try the trick with someone other than mom  :blink: ).

Preschoolers are almost never overtly sexual (unless they've been sexually abused, then all bets are off). It's usually idiots like the principal with dirty minds that cause problems. Give me a frakkin' break.  :suspect:  :sarcasm:

Edited by Rhea, 13 December 2006 - 01:23 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#28 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:08 PM

View PostDigital Man, on Dec 12 2006, 07:58 PM, said:

Exactly! And because of that comment I have to sue for life time supply of M&M's...the pretty little green ones.  ;)  :p

Edited by LORD of the SWORD, 13 December 2006 - 12:09 PM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#29 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:10 PM

View PostDigital Man, on Dec 12 2006, 11:52 PM, said:

View PostMark, on Dec 12 2006, 11:31 PM, said:

Yah-a VERY DISTANT relative. :p~

I protest. Without a DNA match you can't prove sanity is related to me.  :p~
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#30 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

This, IMO, was only a warnable offense.

Now if the child had done it before and been warned and then continued to do it....then maybe a suspension as at that point he should have learned it was not acceptable.

I mentioned in a previous post that my kids' school has a warning system....one warning, partial loss of recess time; two warnings, a call to the parents and total loss of recess; third warning, then you start talking about suspension.

We also have the Behavior folder to sign every night with it's lovely colorful chart. This also helps in identifying potential escalating problems for both parnts and teachers.

This school just completely jumped to suspension without going thru any of the warning steps...

Especially considering that it was a four year old child involved.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#31 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

View Posttrikay, on Dec 13 2006, 02:12 PM, said:

This school just completely jumped to suspension without going thru any of the warning steps...

It sounds like the parents should start looking for another preschool for their child-and fast.
Posted Image

#32 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

View PostDigital Man, on Dec 13 2006, 04:04 PM, said:

It sounds like the parents should start looking for another preschool for their child-and fast.

Mark: Yeah, one with a teacher with really nice... :rolleyes: ...sensibilities. Yes, that's the word I was feeling for...sensibilities.  :whistle:
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#33 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

View PostLORD of the SWORD, on Dec 13 2006, 12:08 PM, said:

View PostDigital Man, on Dec 12 2006, 07:58 PM, said:

Exactly! And because of that comment I have to sue for life time supply of M&M's...the pretty little green ones.  ;)  :p

Yah-and then you'll sue M&Ms because they ruined your teeth. :p~
Posted Image

#34 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

View PostMark, on Dec 13 2006, 05:08 PM, said:

Mark: Yeah, one with a teacher with really nice... :rolleyes: ...sensibilities. Yes, that's the word I was feeling for...sensibilities.  :whistle:

Say Mark...isn't Raggedy Ann after you for child support??

:p~
Posted Image

#35 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

The trouble is that most likely to put the child into another pre-k program they will either have to transfer to another school district or pay for it.

For those who have not dealt with getting your child into a pre-k program, you have to qualify financially for it--at least here in Texas.  If you are not below a certain income level then you have to pay for the pre-k at a daycare or preschool center.

Being that this school is  in Texas, I thought that they would also follow that warning system that our schools here do. (Huntsville TX area)

Granted I have only had experience with two different school district but they both followed the warning system I mentioned...so I just presumed that most all schools in this state  followed the same system.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#36 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

View PostDigital Man, on Dec 13 2006, 04:16 PM, said:

View PostMark, on Dec 13 2006, 05:08 PM, said:

Say Mark...isn't Raggedy Ann after you for child support??

:p~

Mark:
I recommend Raggedy Ann go to BALI BRAS for child support. Specifically,  preschooler-ready double support cotton bra with no wires... for the over-groped teacher.  :D
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#37 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

Now you know where dirty old men come from.  :devil:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#38 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

View PostDigital Man, on Dec 13 2006, 05:09 PM, said:

Yah-and then you'll sue M&Ms because they ruined your teeth. :p~

Good point. Guess I'll just have to petition the court to take all the Wasabi and all the raspberries in your possession. Along with a court order for you not to come within 100 feet of either.  ;)  :devil:  :p

#39 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:08 AM

LotS:

Along with a court order for you not to come within 100 feet of either.

Mark:  :unsure: Yeah, cause he's a dirty old man. :devil: ;) ...Dirty old men tend to rub off their "dirty" at about 20 feet, so since he's extra dirty I'd say 100 feet is a pretty safe distance.  :eh: Of course he can still affect you with his dirty mouth from a distance. Put your DigitalMan Earmuffs™ on, and hum loudly whenever he's near.  :hehe:
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#40 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:27 AM

I saw a baby sucking his thumb the other day when I was at work.  That's inappropriate sexual suggestion.  What can I do? :unsure:  I'm devasted and appalled...
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4-yr old, suspended, 2006, Texas

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users