Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Anyone Going to NY Comic Con?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Last year I procrastinated and procrastinated, and finally got to the point where I couldn't buy online tickets anymore.  The site said that you could buy tickets onsite - but when I got there, not only was it sold OUT completely, but people were furious at how oversold it was.  The organizers had no idea how huge a turn out it would be!  This year, they contracted for more space at the Javits Center, and I got my tickets in advance.  I'm planning to be there for all three days!

The Javits Center SUCKS as a convention site - there are few hotels in the area, and practically nowhere nearby to eat - you have to be willing to travel a bit, usually on foot to get there or to anywhere decent for munchies.  Still - if anyone plans to be there, let me know and I'll be happy to help out where  can.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:38 PM

I might, yeah.  :)

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

Be nice to see you! :) Of course - you don't need any hotel info. :)

Please do chime in with suggestions of eateries in the area...

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#4 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, it's pretty desolate over there, but there are a million good places to eat and drink on 9th Ave (and 8th).  Javitz Center is 34th between 11th and West Side Highway -- so it's like a 2 and a half block walk to 9th (crosstown blocks, though, so it's a good 15 minute walk each way), and then head downtown into Chelsea and take your pick.  I can't recommend places by name in that area -- Could recommend a bunch of places on 9th Ave and 23rd street (e.g., Moonstruck), but that's probably too far to be convenient.

I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm in the area (which should be on Saturday, actually) and see if any of the places look good.

#5 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

:whistle:
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#6 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

View Postscherzo, on Jan 4 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

:whistle:

Oh yeah? You gonna be there?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#7 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

Maybe. No guarantees.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#8 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

I'm pretty much a lock to make the Saturday show. :)

Here's hoping they provide adequate space this time. :(

-scherzo
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#9 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:16 PM

Me too.  I plan to have an 11 year old in tow. :)

Do we want to do an Ex Isle get-together?  I'm up for a Sunday breakfast...

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#10 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

So, there's a McDonalds between 33rd & 34th on 10th Avenue, and a Seattle Roasters on 33rd between 9th & 10th Ave (but closer to 10th)--south side of the street.  They have decent sandwiches.  There's also a bar, but I'm not sure if it's a bar/grill, at the corner of 33rd and 10th.

Walking across town toward Madison Square Garden will put you in range of all the chain restaurants you could want and then some -- TGIFridays is 34th and 8th Ave, for example.    

re: Sunday breakfast... Probably not for me.  It's my one day to sleep in.

#11 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hey Queen Tiye, if you look like your avatar I should have no problem picking you out of the crowd. If the con goes according to typical form, I'll be the guy eating the over-priced hot dog, while darkly contemplating what I could possible say to Lou Ferrigno. :blink:

-scherzo
Posted Image

#12 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Assuming you're seeing a pouty cartoon girl, I don't look terribly UN-like her... :)  But um... older, and more... substantial... LOL!

Will you be going to any of the sessions, or just walking the floor?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#13 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

Assuming you're seeing a pouty cartoon girl, I don't look terribly UN-like her... smile.gif But um... older, and more... substantial... LOL!
I was gonna say "HI" to every cute bespectacled pouty girl at the con to find you when I realized...I say HI to every cute bespectacled pouty girl at these shows anyway. :p    

Will you be going to any of the sessions, or just walking the floor?
Dunno yet. As a matter of fact I haven't really done too much homework on what's actually happening in the sessions this time out.  :blink:

-scherzo
Posted Image

#14 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

OK - well closer to the date we should compare notes. :) And, thanks for the compliment! :)

qt

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#15 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,146 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:48 PM

I will be attending the NY Comic-Con as a guest at the Pocket Books booth.  I imagine there will be a book signing scheduled, though I don't yet know specifics.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#16 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Very cool! :) Are you signing stuff??

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#17 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,146 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:32 AM

Probably, but as I said, I don't know specifics yet.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#18 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Nearing the date - any new news?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#19 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

Well I'm still planning on being there Saturday,(and even Friday possibly) but I'm up for a promotion at work that could alter my schedule, and force me to leave the show earlier than I'd want to.(I work the nightshift) Maybe I'll get lucky and not get that job promotion. :)

Hmmmm, that's officially the weirdest thought I've had so far in 2007, but the year is young. :p

-scherzo
Posted Image

#20 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

How about we amend it some?  Let's hope you get that job promotion AFTER Comic-Con NYC?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users