• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:28 AM

It's hard choseing a title..Time Lords..Time Passages, enough for love...in a bottle...Cops, lines,...is a river...and again, in the nick of, out of, up and down...... but what ever you think of time as, it's here, eternally with us, more fleeting than a eye blink, and more impervious than Adamantine...or is it...

The year is 2525, and yes man is still alive. He has colonized the moon, and terra formed Mars- still working on Venus- and built habitas to ring Earth like a glittering necklace. The ocean's shallows are home to millions, as is Anarticia, and the Jovian moons- though those are hearty and rough asteroid miners, most of which have never been closer to their home world than Mars.  Generation ships have been built and are winging their way toward Earths nearest neighbors..

There is one last frontier, but only a generous handful know that it has been opened to mans exploration...Time...

Several groups have made the discovery simultaneously and some are good, some evilly intended and some just downright careless...and they have all discovered one other thing...tampering with time can have unintended consequesnce.

One such group, working for the Memory Prime Think Tank, has become a mixture of paratime police and time explorers, taking it upon themselves to do what no one else is doing...keeping it all flowing as is should be, or as best they can to keep it that way...

Time travel is through a wormhole, like in stargate, but it is time rather than space.

Every time traveller is equiped with special transponders that call them back by a specific time, wether the job is complete or no.  It's their only link with the future, with out these small units, they are stranded. And for most, the thought of being stranded in the past is a frightening one.

But for the teams of MP, Memory Prime, it a calling a bit higher than a job, especially since none of them wish to suddenly find themselves out of time...

Interested any one?

This allows teams to vary in Player composition, so if RL calls, or the new arc doesn't appeal, your character does not have to be a part of  that particular mission...

#2 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:33 AM

Count me in!! I don't know as who or what yet, nor do I totally get it  ;), but I will because I want to play!! :D :D

#3 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:33 AM

Lemme think on this one. With Dark, Karasu, Hawk and Trancer, I'm staying pretty busy. It is intriguing though.

#4 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:39 AM

What's the timetable on this? So we know how long we have to think up some characters?

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#5 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:41 AM

This is designed so players can take a break when they need to, and has the ability to be very fast paced, or slower depending on the arc.

Every one will be human, obviously. But I can foresee numerous cybernetic implants.

The teams will have to use "local" items, can't cause Paradoxes by taking back things that have not been invented yet.  Or they will have to look very authentic to "local" time.

As far as a time table on recruitment, I am off for a few days so, lets say I'd start the game's first arc ...well any time, as the first bt is alwyas getting to know one another, and setting the stage...

But take your time :devil:

Edited by Shalamar, 30 May 2003 - 09:43 AM.

#6 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:48 AM

Shalamar, on May 29 2003, 03:45 PM, said:

But take your time :devil:
Oh, you gave me a wonderful insight. ;)

From Farscape - Unrealized Reality

John: Nice threads. Helps to humanize you. Makes it easier for me to sympathize with your problems.
Einstein: Time
John: Zzup?
John: Flies
John: Bandits
John: Wounds all heels.
John: (singing) Rosemary and Thyme
John: Zzup! (shoots gun and energy stays in ball)
John: (to himself) Either stop pointing guns at people or get a bigger gun.
Einstein: Time is
John: Infinite. Relative.
Einstein: You are quite a simple organism to possess the knowledge you do.
John: You're only saying that cause you don't know me.
Einstein: Time is meaningless and yet it is all that exists.
John: Very Morrissey.

:lol:

#7 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:48 AM

I might try this as one who doesn't travel around through time, you do need some of those, don't you?

#8 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:08 AM

I'm slowly getting this......you'll give us more details right....like you did in Karasu?

And we're all human......with some cybernetics....I like that!!

I want to play still....just have to picture all this and what it's like.  :D

#9 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:34 AM

It has almost alway been standard that time , well reacts badly to some things..like being changed... but others say that it can't be changed...those are being proven both wrong and right as the time travellers will discover..

Paradoxes and tampering can litterally remove a character (at the very least,  if not far worse) from existance.

Our mission, should you choose to accept it is to fix those tamperings, explore histories mysteries, and have fun doing it

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:05 PM

I am so going to have to study this but I want to try:

Tentative character:

Name so far, not sure if first or last: Danae

23, 5'8", athletic, slender, long straight hair, pale complexion

Severe motorcycle accident when 19 - parents work at Memory Prime Think Tank - agency made parents an offer they couldn't refuse, to cover all costs and procedures of medical needs if they would allow her to work for them - parents agreed, not knowing the agency would make their daughter part cybernetic - both legs, arms, eyes and part of brain

I'm thinking part of her emotional center was damaged or something - she's very direct and a bit emotionless unless she is pretending - still remembers emotions just doesn't always feel them.

During her "off" time, she studies history at the company.

Just tentative so far as I don't know how this will fit in. :D

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 30 May 2003 - 04:32 PM.

#11 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:43 PM

As previously stated on AIM, I am quite interested. :D

I'll need a little time to build a character, but definitely count me in. :)

--Te
"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#12 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:47 PM

I'm in too, but I'm going to need quite some time to come up with a character.

#13 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:51 PM

As we discussed, i've had a character for this for over 5 years

but since i'm about to move, i'll be on assignment at first if that's okay.

Cyle C. Katarn, is back in action

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#14 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:09 PM

Ramblings at 4 am...

Home is always your home time, the time you were born in, grew up in and are from...

Local is When ever you and your team are.

This does not in any what have to be a team of goody two shoes, somethimes you have to do unpleasant things, and yes maybe kill innocents...and a little petty theft to provide that extra pocket cash is not unlikely...I mean an authentic copy of Superman #1 is likely to provide A LOT of spending change...and if you can't figure out how to get it back/ to you , shame on you... :devil:

Not every one need to be a 'out going' team member..good historians, researchers and technicians who man the time base are always needed.

Yes, there is a base station, and while back in 'local' time teams may set up bases, they are generally temporary affairs, save maybe one(s)  manned by a volunteer(s) who has agreed to strand themselves in the past as an 'agent(s) in place'... you really have to watch those, they go native so quickly...

There is NO Official acknowledgement that time travel exists, or is even possible.

And here is the big catch about time travel...you can go back no closer than 500 years..ie from the year 2525 (start of the game) you can not come any closer to 'now' than the year 2025...

#15 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:14 PM

You know, this is starting to sound an awful lot like Time Cop. Any of you guys gonna look like Jean-Claude Van Damme? :devil:

#16 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:39 PM

How could you do this to me.  I really, really want to play in this one.  I think I would like to be a thief, pickpocket, safecracker, lock opener type of person.

I am going on holiday for two weeks from tomorrow morning (Saturday 31st) so I will try to come up with a profile ready to send to you when I get back.

Like most of my characters, unenhanced human, male, young, small and nondescript.

If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#17 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:11 AM

Shalamar, on May 30 2003, 02:13 AM, said:

Not every one need to be a 'out going' team member..good historians, researchers and technicians who man the time base are always needed.
I'm going to assimilate all this this weekend, but now you've made me want to have two characters.  Is that okay, Shal?

One at the main home base as a historian perhaps, then my other one as an agent.  Darn you for getting me addicted!!  ;)  :D

#18 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:25 AM

Ok :)

Natasha Jones - Memory Prime time travelling researcher and artifact 'collector' checking in....her friends call her 'Tasha.

5ft 6", 130lbs, brunette shoulder length hair, grey eyes. Cybernetic enhancements (well why not!) improved eye sight and hearing, artificial right arm....no family, she was orphaned as a child, bought up by her uncle James ...'Jim one eye' Jones. :D

Edited by Raeven, 02 June 2003 - 11:51 PM.

#19 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:20 AM

From my talks with Shal, the 'Wormhole' to enter the time rift, is similar to the Gate on Stargate. Only instead of distant worlds, it will take you to distant times.

So is Home Base going to resemble the Cheyenne Mt. Base on Stargate? :eh:

That'd be quite cool, and give most of us a general layout of what the place looks like. :)

#20 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:31 AM

Science purist checking in, just to say one quick thing.

No need to put wormhole into ' ' quotes - in the strictest scientific sense, wormholes are capable of travelling both through space and time ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users