Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:43 PM

Way cool, Shal

#102 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:48 PM

I know that I seem to be hustling us along out there but we have a very ...impatient  :p  enemy out there...He just wants to get to trying to kill us that much sooner...

#103 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:49 PM

^Yes I am, and yes I do. :p :p

--Te
"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#104 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 09:27 AM

I'm thinking that when we go back to the past in Texas, that since Danae is posing as a male, the natives will misunderstand her name as "Danny".......you don't have to call her that, but I may just post that once so we'll know that's how they're hearing her name....IF we interact.  Just an idea. ;) :)

#105 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:54 PM

Back from holiday and would love to join in now but you have already posted 5 pages so help, how can I get into the game?
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#106 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:57 PM

^^^ Um, can your character come back from vacation in the RP? You'd have to read to catch up but you could post that you're just now back?  Something like that?

Welcome back, too :)!

#107 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:03 PM

Um.....err......ah........that's a toughie. :crazy:

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#108 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:32 PM

Actually Brit give me a moment to think on it..can you PM me with your character concept again...I can usually think of something to work you in...

#109 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 06:33 AM

Posted ImageName:

Race: Scandanavian father,  Egyptian mother

Ht: 6'0"

Wt: 160

Marital Status: single

Eyes: dark hazel brown  changeable

Hair: black, worn long and straight, very thick

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tattoos: Martian Back Country Tribal Tatoos, lower small of back and lower abdomen

Body Build: strongly but not bulkily muscled, good tone and condition, strong than she looks, extremely fast reflexes

Profession: Physician

Known Skills: modern military small unit tactics, explosives, handguns and long arms, knives and swords, sniper,martial arts, horseback riding, tracking, surveillance/ counter survellience, infiltration, piloting antique aircraft fixed wing and rotary, survival, cooking, sailing, computer general use, specialized medical useage, photography, speaks 10 languages.

Relatives: Grandfather: 'the' Rhys ;  Father: Jerome Aldus Rhys. mother and grandmother deceased, severak aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Known History: Born April 1 2485, to one of the wealthiest familys known, she had a dream child hood. On her fifteenth birthday she had dissappeared from one of the Rhys family compounds. Sian had signed up for the U.N. military forces under a fake I.D. that was good enough that she was not identified for two years, by which time she had reached her majority and could not be forced out. Incidentally by this time her unit was out amid the Jovian moons, as part of a campaign that would see three of her unit, including her, as canidates for the Lion of Terra, the highest award for 'beyond the call' that exists. She is one of three living recipients. Less than four years later she was being court marshaled, the out come and causes are still unknown to the general public, hidden behind the Official Secrets act of 2259. She left the U.N. military and entered medical shcool. . After graduating Harvard Medical school she spent five years in the Martian BackCountry, and it is rumored that she earned tribal tatoos. Sian has a son, born during her time there, father unknown. She then spent three years as part of the Doctors with out Borders team, aboard the hospital ship Socrates out among the Asteriod Belt and the Jovian Moons....Sian has been head of the Time Research Division of Memory Prime for 7 years.

But the reason she is seared in most's memories is the kidnapping of her and her then four year old son... She killed all eight of the abductors, save for the leader who escaped. How ever her son suffered irreversable brain damage. This was the first kidnapping for ransom in over two hundred years.

#110 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:12 PM

This to let every one know that te sends his appologies but he will not be available tonight and possibly the weekend.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#111 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:19 PM

Okay, thanks Shal! Are we going to hold off for awhile then?

Edited to change color: I saw "Time" and automatically posted in red ;).

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 11 July 2003 - 04:20 PM.

#112 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:07 PM

Again, my apologies for my absence, everyone.  But I'm back now, and Rhaine is just as evil. :D

--Te

#113 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:08 PM

Okay, Danae is off this mission! She'll be back for the next one.....better, badder, and with some surprises thanks to Shal's good ideas ;)  :devil: !  I may keep posting until I leave but it won't be regarding the mission, just me not being able to actually leave until I HAVE to ;) :D

#114 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:31 PM

Danae's recall is causing quite a stir. :ninja:

#115 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:21 AM

Oh no! :o  I'd better go see!! ;)

#116 XxTyrxX

XxTyrxX

Like chocolate for the ears...

• Islander
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:47 AM

OK, I finally have come up with a character for this game. Ladies and gents, I present Aidan Teague:

Names: Aidan Teague

Ht: 6'0"  Wt: 185  Marital Status: Single

Age: 25   Eyes: Depends on the lighting; they look both grey & hazel-blue

Hair: Black, typically worn close cut, brushed until waves show.

Birthmark: Has a spiral shaped mark on his lower back.

Profession: Scientist/tinkerer/gadgeteer/Mr. Fix-it

Known Skills: He does a little bit of everything when it comes to science, electronics and physics.  He's a genius with a Masters degree in Chemistry, Physics and Electrical Engineering.  When it comes to fixing things, he is a whiz... especially with jury rigging things.

Relatives: His father is deceased, his mother is alive and the keep in contact.  He has no brothers or sisters.  He's a bit shy around women, so he has no woman in his life.

Known History: Aidan was something of a local celebrity.  Being a genius, he excelled in school and that was widely known in his home town & the surrounding communities.  He rapidly progressed through school and before he knew if, he was graduating as the Valedictorian of his class.  Not surprisingly, he was quickly courted by many of the top schools, all of them offering him full scholarships.  

Once in college, he truly found his outlet in the sciences.  They intregued him and he threw himself into them.  He met a few guys there who understood what he was going through and they became his friends.  Along with them, he was behind several notorious pranks which could never be linked to him but bonded them all closer.  Once he graduated with a triple masters, he found himself once again the object of intense courting by several corporations but none of them could offer him the same mixture of adventure and excitement as working at Memory Prime.  He decided to join it and apply his unique mix of skills to working for them.  He hasn't looked back or regretted it since.

Well, what do you think?  :D   I haven't found an avatar for him yet but as soonas I do, I'll let you know.  :)

*EDIT: To fix the name as pointed out by Shal.

Edited by XxTyrxX, 25 July 2003 - 05:03 AM.

#117 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:51 AM

Sharyn thinks he looks absolutely :wub:

#118 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:01 AM

Sounds good to me.

Main points to remember...The year is 2525.

and VERY few people know that Time Travel actually exists,- even most working for Memory Prime only know that it is something the company is researching- "possiblle break throughs"

the common wisdom is that "well, maybe many years down the road"

and actuall travel has only been going on for a few years....

your mom would have been brought into the Memory Prime fold, they would have found a job that she was happy with, quite possibly at Alpha Prime.

oh Brit, your sisters, once they had graduated college and entered the job market, Memory Prime will be trying to get them hired as well...there is the potential that you and they will be reunited, if that is something you/our character will be interested in.

#119 XxTyrxX

XxTyrxX

Like chocolate for the ears...

• Islander
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:02 AM

LTA, on Jul 18 2003, 04:44 PM, said:

Sharyn thinks he looks absolutely :wub:
HEhhehheh, thanks.  :)  I suppose that he will have to wait until the next story to get in.  :)

#120 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:12 AM

Shalamar, on Jul 18 2003, 10:54 PM, said:

oh Brit, your sisters, once they had graduated college and entered the job market, Memory Prime will be trying to get them hired as well...there is the potential that you and they will be reunited, if that is something you/our character will be interested in.
That sounds as though it has some potential.  Can imagine the shock when they come face to face with their 'dead' brother.  One is at medical school the other I think will be a computer expert.  She won't jump at all but stay behind with the tech team.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users