• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:37 AM

Actually this game sounds interesting. Count me in although I'll have to work on a character.
Rejected and gone.

#22 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:43 AM

It is not time cop at all... save that our group will generally be  trying to 'fix' rather than cause...

Dr.Sian Rhys, grandaughter of the developer of Memory Primes Time Machine checking in...

Physician and adventurer...

Posted Image

Edited by Shalamar, 31 May 2003 - 09:10 AM.

#23 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:49 AM

I'm going to be rather busy next week with our church's VBS and my GOM's PT, so I may just think on a character and get back to you.

Edited by LTA, 31 May 2003 - 08:49 AM.

#24 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

Lt. Col. Donovan Corral. (Ret.)

Pronounced as in 'Coral Reef', not 'O.K. Corral'.

"That's Corral! Two R's!!" ;)

Rommie :cylon:

Edited by RommieSG, 01 June 2003 - 06:48 PM.

#25 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 11:06 AM

i have an image, but how do i post it

I don't seem to be able to upload an image into a post

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#26 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 11:48 AM

Image posting is disabled everywhere save for Artwork and the Beach.

To include an image, you'll either need to host it from webspace elsewhere, or else, post it somewhere and link to it here.

Jid (who's thinking up his character)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#27 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 11:53 AM

I'm sure Rommie and Shal's characters will be an "item", but, Rommie, if your picture is who I think it is,  may I just DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL right now and get it over with? ;) Otherwise I might just be chasing you around the RP!! :D ;)

*sighs for RDA*  :love:

And will someone put a picture here for me when I find one? Please!! :D

#28 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:40 PM

Actually, Sian is unmarried with a young son (Kier), and no interest at this time of being an item (She is way too busy for romantic entaglements :p )...Chuckle, Rommie is the sweetest, :wub: but I'd never deny any one the fun of chasieing an RDA lookalike around the RP... :devil:

and Nikki, I'd be glad to help you get a av/pic up here when you find one. :)

#29 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:14 PM

Donovan is ex-military. The military ruined his last marriage. He's not exactly looking for a relationship. ;)

Rommie :cylon:

#30 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:17 PM

Shal, LOL!!!! ;) :D  Before Keith there was RDA, after Keith there is RDA.....some things just stand the test of time!!

And I've sent you the picture in PM.  Thanks so much!!! I love seeing what everyone looks like! :D

Rommie, I was kidding!!! :)

#31 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image

Danae Quinn
5'8"
Human/Cybernetic arms, legs, and eyes (into brain as well)
Time traveler for Memory Prime Think Tank/ student-historian

#32 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:14 AM

Yes we will indeed need those who stay behind and keep the lights on, the computers humming smoothly (though yours prefers Gregorian Chant..don't ask me, shakes head )...

More ramblings...

It is not a unified world, but the UN does have quite effective teeth, as does the World Court.

Africa and parts of the Far East never has really rcovered from the 'Super Aids' epidemic that decimated their populations ...South Africa and Kenya are the only working goverments in the south of the continent, and a vast majority of Sub-Sahara Africa is officially Conservation Lands andinistered by the UN...the diamond and gold mine exhausted, and replaced by gens and precious metals form the asteroid belt are disappearing as the nature reclaims them.  Primaryly know for tourism and and cutting edge medical research.

Sub Sahara is a bit of a mis nameing with the advent of truely cost effective water purification, and the discovery of vast underground resivoirs of fresh water -deep but accessable- this zone is now lush and green, and is a vast provider of grain, vegtable and hot climate fruits.

The Far East...From Bhutan/Chinese border on south..Bangladesh, ,Assam, Burma, Thialand, VietnAm, Cambodia, Laos. Malaysia...again, decimated by dissease and various and sundry disasters ..A protectorate administered by the UN.

And what of China you say...first SARS swept the populace (2003 thru 2007), then  still undermind by that, then entire events of  Tom Clanceys The Bear and the Dragon happened ( 2010 ) (hey this is my earth thank you)
China is a thriving country, one of the great grain producers, as the might Yangtze River has been tamed. ( started with the Three Gorges project in the mid 1990's started and stopped over  a 100 year perioi, finished 2101)

The Koreas collapsed after a nuclear accident and Japan stepped in with relief effort, and completed one of their age old goals..the subtle but thorough conguest of the Korean Peninsula.

The Americas too are flourishing, as over the centuries all of that hemisphere north of the Suez Canal, (that quaint relic used by pleasure cruisers, and tramp steamers mostly) have become the United States of North America  ( formation in the year 2202 ) ...their politics are ...lively, and very demogratic..every adult is required to vote, but it is easy from the umbiquitous computer terminals found in every home.

Well, one save for the Republic of Texas, a small country once comprizing the states of New Mexico, Texas, Okahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana (east of the Mississiippi ) ..when the great natural disaster of 2191 ( The New Madrid Seismic Zone cut loose with a series of five 8.4 or better earthquakes within a two week period...the Mississippi River is now qualified to be a new Gulf of Mexico) struck and the United States was busy dealing with that they quietly packed their bags and left, and by the time it was realized what they had done...

More to come...

Edited by Shalamar, 19 June 2003 - 03:12 PM.

#33 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:52 PM

Here's the profile I thought up. With a little help at the end from gateworld.net. ;)

Posted Image

Name: Donovan Corral (Pronounced as in Coral Reef)

Ht: 6' 2"       Wt: 185 lbs.     Marital Status: Divorced

Hair: Brown, cut short.

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tattoos: Various gunshot wound scars.

Body Build: Physically fit, muscular proportioned to height

Profession: Lt. Colonel U.S.N.A. Air Force (Ret.)

Known Skills: Former Black Ops member, he is trained in numerous covert skills. Military and special weapons training. He knows what hes got to do, to succeed in his mission.

Relatives: Ex-Wife, Janet, living in Chicago, his Hometown. They had no children. He has one brother, Harold.

Known History: After twenty years of Black Ops, Donovan retired from the USNA Air Force. The military ruined his marriage life, so he returned home, to study the stars.

When offered the opportunity to work with Memory Prime, he felt as if it were a chance for him to restart his life. And with his Covert Operations work, it seemed like a perfect fit.

His work is now his life, but he enjoys it. His wit, sarcasm and sense of humor help him make sense of it all, and his courage and tenacity help him make it through the next mission. He knows that at the end of the day, he could not be doing anything that is more important.

Edited by RommieSG, 04 June 2003 - 07:33 AM.

#34 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:11 AM

In case anyone hasn't seen the name before, Danae is pronounced 'duh-NAY'  but quickly. :D

#35 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:20 AM

Hmmm, is there any kind of school or academy for Memory Prime to teach people how to interact with time and not make things worse or something?

And these time travellers, they a kind of temporal police? I think I could work with that.

Edited by Mikoto, 02 June 2003 - 03:21 AM.

Rejected and gone.

#36 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:55 AM

A little on the History of time travel. Man has long been fascinated with time, its only natural.

The first suscessful transmission bach and then forward through time was less than 25 years ago, and MP was the group that did it, or so they think. There are a number of groups, some public, some private that have ben exploring the various avenues to conquering time. They kown what one another are up to, on at least a general basis. Industrial espinage is alive and flourishing.

The publicly known groups, generally associated with such veneralble institutions as MIT, Cal Tech and other great Universities, have consistantly published nothing more than..."Break throughs are imminent, but no suscesses yet."..
Privately funded groups aren't publishing anything, nor are any reputable governemts. Some of the less savory governments had reported wild stories, but no one takes them seriously.

Memory Primes group of problemsolvers and researchers are NOT officially recognized and are NOT time cops by any stretch of the imagination, save in their own desires not to have time, and the past as we know it ruined.

Where is Memory Prime located?  Thats a good question, because, for security's sake, no one on the teams, or a part of base operations, knows.  Save for that fact that the base is huge, sprawling, and deep  underground. The termini, back in 'Local' time are on every continent, sometimes multiply so.

#37 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Cameron Fuller

6'2" 175 lb

Scientist/Operator

Your classic geek, with a Ph.D. or three in Physics and Engineering

Single, and an affable goofball.

#38 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:53 PM

I have a picture, if anyone can host that would be great
and how detailed a profile do you want?
1 page
10 pages
320 page biography? :p

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#39 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:20 AM

Shalamar, on Jun 1 2003, 05:59 PM, said:

Where is Memory Prime located?  Thats a good question, because, for security's sake, no one on the teams, or a part of base operations, knows.  Save for that fact that the base is huge, sprawling, and deep  underground. The termini, back in 'Local' time are on every continent, sometimes multiply so.
Shal? How do the teams know where to come to work then? From the outside.  Or do we all live there on a permanent basis?

#40 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:33 AM

I would assume we live on base. Not just for operational security but also to stop people from kidnapping us to use i their own research

but that's just me

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users