• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#41 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:39 AM

Godeskian, on Jun 2 2003, 06:37 AM, said:

I would assume we live on base. Not just for operational security but also to stop people from kidnapping us to use i their own research

but that's just me
Oh, if that's so.....then I like it! Danae's parents are there, too.  That can be her home then, with them.

#42 Griffin

Griffin

Good-lookin' Fella

• Islander
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 01:11 AM

Hmmmmm...... this sounds interesting....

Question: This 'Transponder' wouldn't be based on 'Sliders' would it :D :D ;)

Im definitely in!

I don't have any pictures of my own but I saw a couple on Dancing Down Moon that would be cool :D

Anyways- my character...

Lars Erranta a.k.a. Death from Shadows

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245 lbs

Long dark red hair; mustache and goatee.

Tattos/Scars:Several Tribal tattos on arms and back.

Marital Status: Single

Lars was born and raised in the less inhabited places of Mars, where law enforcement was less abundant. He was born into a sort of quasi-tribe that speciailized in stealth and marksmenship. As such Lars is extrememely accurate with any sort of weapon, past or present. He made a living on Mars as a mercenary until he had saved enough money to return to the Homeworld, where he made a better living as a thief and occasional computer hacker.

He was trying to hack one of Memory Prime's outside computers, one that they used to communicate with agents outside of the Main Base, when he was caught and taken to Base.

He was given an ultimatum of working for the Company or spending the rest of his life in a Jupiterian lunar colony.

Needless to say he took the job.

He is generally assigned to be one of the muscles on most mission, even though he is extremely intelligent and would be more than capable of carrying out mission objectives without much problem.

He is a very dark person, showing very few positive emotions and dressing always in black or deep blue.

Due to his previous profession, Lars has had to replace one eye and left arm at the elbow with cybernetics. He has also had a sort of data-port installed in his neck for easier computer access.
Griffin -
Aspiring Author
Original Fiction and Poetry
WoWaholic--Alliance Scarlet Crusade Voodoogriff-Judicator of The Templar Conclave
"Right!"-Me, as anyone I work with will tell you :D
"Word, DAWG"-My lil Sis I have trained her well! :D
Commandant: 15097th "Laughin' Lurkers" Battalion, Covert Operatives Division
Commandant: 3401st "Demons Bright" Battalion, Interrogation and Inquisition Division
In loving memory: Theda Christina Phillips Johnson Day
11/28/20-7/20/03 You will be missed Grandma...

#43 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 03:38 AM

Shal - 'Tasha looks like 'dancing down the moon', page 6, fifth avatar on the page :D :D

#44 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:26 AM

Answering in no particular order...so take the time to read it all

No there is no school, the teams are learning on the go, as it were.  Some have made more translations into the past than others and those are scattered among the teams to make sure that there is no team comprized totally of newbies.

What MP looks for are people who are flexible, adaptive, open minded, tough minded, self starters, capable of working both as part of a team and independantly...

If the transponder is based on SLiders it was not a conscious decission on my part. I have read a fair number of novels that have time travel, so mostly this is a hodge podge of all of them and tv series :)

The base is huge and is as self supporting as possible. This is MP's main HQ (unofficially ) and much other research and 'work" goes on there.  If any one is familiar with the Todos Santos project, think of that but underground. Probably close to 10,000 people live and work there, generally on a one year in, one year out (vacation time, and yes paid) but there are many who are quite content  never to see the outer world again.

Gode, I would be happy to host a picture for you, and that goes for every one.

Griffin your profile looks great, and as far as an av goes just tell me which one you would like

Rae, gotcha covered

#45 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:33 AM

Posting for LTA :)

Name: Sharyn Tarver

Hair: Blonde, wavy, long

Eyes: Green

Weight: 125

Height: 5' 6"

Marital status: Single

Graduated top of her class in computer sciences.

She's a computer nerd, but also goofy if you ever get to know her.

Doesn't date much, wouldn't call her a wallflower, she's just careful who she dates. Normally would rather get to know someone over a certain period of time before agreeing to a date. Not normally the spontaneous type.

Loves all kinds of puzzles: word, jigsaw, etc. and can be found at any time working on one or the other.

She loves animals, has a Seal-Point Himalayan (Long hair Siamese) cat living with her.

Doesn't do any time traveling, works at the base as (Shal?)

Maybe you can help with what she does, I have no idea. I like the pic on page 7 of DDM, row 2, pic 4

LT, how about Chief Computer Coordinator- CCC- or C3- for the A I dedicated to handling the Time project...Some one has to keep him on track ..., on time and in line...

--------------------

Edited by Shalamar, 03 June 2003 - 06:52 AM.

#46 Griffin

Griffin

Good-lookin' Fella

• Islander
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:42 AM

Griffin your profile looks great, and as far as an av goes just tell me which one you would like

Great :D The Av i was thinking was Male Page 2 top right... :)

#47 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:49 AM

Shal, that sounds good. A male A.I.? She might could keep him in line..... :devil:

You gonna get my pic up?

Edited by LTA, 03 June 2003 - 11:01 AM.

#48 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:51 AM

Here's my character profile, approved by Shal. And my thanks to Godeskian, Ilphi, and Brinhilde for helping me with the finer details.

Posted Image

Name: Seiko Tanaka

Hair: Black, straight, about shoulder blade length

Eyes: Dark brown

Weight: 127

Height: 5' 1"

Body build: Small, lithe

Scars/birthmarks/tattoos: none

Profession: English/Japanese translator for a Trans National Corporation

Known skills: Knows basic self defense, she knows her way around a computer, can use basic pistols and weaponry but has no particular expertise in it. She can speak both Japanese and English fluently as she learnt both simultaneously as a child. But can also speak Chinese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Arabic and Russian with some skill.

Marital status: Single

Relatives: Her parents and sister living in Denver, Colorado.

Background: Seiko is a second gen Japanese currently living in San Francisco, California. Her parents migrated from Japan to America looking for new opportunities. To Denver, Colorado when she was about six years old. She knows little of her culture but doesn’t seem to really mind. Her younger sister, Asuka was born a year later. At the age of twelve Seiko saw a time jump from memory Prime that failed and deposited a team within her sight while she was walking home from school one day.

She saw some ghostly figures, semi transparent, pop into view, scream and die horribly, then before she could scream and react a second group, this group more solid, real seeming, materialized, and cleaned up...sanitized the area, pointed an unidentifiable object at her and then they vanished.. Seiko chose not to say anything about the incident as she knew nobody would believe her and she was frightened of what the authorities would think of her if she did, And so grew up to gain the job of a translator, has been working as one since she was eighteen.

Of course, since the failed time jump wasn’t sent out until she was twenty; they didn’t know she’d seen it as a kid until then. And that’s when those of Memory Prime decided to reel her in because of what she had seen as a child…

Edited by Mikoto, 03 June 2003 - 11:26 PM.

#49 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:11 AM

I'm still working on some details.  I'm not sure now that I want to have my character with limited emotions.  It seems like it will be hard to play and not much fun really.  I'm not into dramatic and angsty ;).

But I have most of it!!!

#50 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:05 PM

No problem at all Nikki :)

And the bell is sounding, just to let every one know...

The game is going up tonight or early tomorrow morning.  

It will start with an orientation for our new team membrs, so you all can meet & greet one another...

#51 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 03:48 PM

Okay, here's the short version.  The novel will be at the website. ;)

Name: Danae Quinn

Race: Human/Cyborg

Ht: 5' 8"

Wt: 130 lbs.

Eyes: Green  

Hair: Fiery Red, Straight, Long and worn parted down the middle - usually down or in ponytails  

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tattoos: Now light scars from surgery on arm and leg joints where attached to body, on chest over heart, under hair on skull. Also a scar across her lower back diagonally .  

Body Build: Slender, smallish, lithe. Fair skin.  

Profession: Memory Prime team member and solitary traveler through time  

Known Skills: Motorcycle riding, using hand weapons.  Has bionic strength in her legs and arms.  Her eyes can record and playback anything she sees--and still function in the present at the same time, has storage circuits in her brain.  She can slow down movement and see things before others, or see far away by magnifying in her brain circuits.

Studies history with her parents and at Memory Prime's "university."  More skills revealed later.  

Relatives:  Lives with her parents at Memory Prime Home base:
Father: Dalton Quinn, 42, one of the lead researchers/historians of Memory Prime Think Tanks home base.  He has worked there since age 25 and works with the teams that go through the time gate.  
Mother: Devonna Quinn, 40, same as her husband.  They work as a team.

Known History: Danae was in a severe motorcycle accident when 19, and her arms and legs were shattered and eyes and heart were damaged. She was in a coma and destined to die.  Her parents worked at Memory Prime Think Tank and the agency offered to cover all costs of procedures and medical care if the parents (Dalton and Devonna Quinn) would allow Danae to work for the MP teams.  They couldn't refuse or else Danae would die.

The agency made Danae part cyborg using cybernetics/bionics: her legs, arms, heart, and eyes replaced by machine parts.  They had to replace part of her brain as well to house the circuits for her eyes.  The doctors and scientists involved didn't realize her emotions would be affected, but now she has no place else to go. They especially wanted to test someone with her enhancements and took this opportunity to create her.  

She is basically a machine.

Danae is very direct in her speech and a bit emotionless when she forgets to "fake" emotions.  She has some emotions but they are subdued, and she lives in the world but outside of it as well.  She is usually solemn and serious, so unlike her past self who was happy and outgoing.

She is nearly fearless and takes calculated risks.

Posted Image

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 June 2003 - 12:40 PM.

#52 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 03:57 PM

Okay, another question ;).  Yes, one of many....... :D

Danae's parents, whom I want to be fairly "real" characters, are historian/researchers for the teams.  They've been there for about 17 years so were in near the beginning of everything.  They work as a team.  

Dalton Quinn:

Posted Image
Dark brown hair, parted on the side and short
Small mustache and goatee just on chin
6'2", 185
*Researcher/historian at Home base of Memory Prime Think Tank - works with the teams that go through the time gate
*Intensely dislikes Danae going through there, but they made an agreement for her medical care and even Danae doesn't mind - she wants to do the work - he worries about her, but has grown used to the fact even if he doesn't like it - had no idea they would make her part cyborg - hates that his daughter has few emotions even tho she tries to hide the fact - hid it from him and Devonna for a couple of years actually

Devonna Quinn:
Posted Image
Fire-red hair, parted on the side, wavey and hangs down to past shoulders
5'9", 140
*Also reasearcher/historian at Home base of Memory Prime Think Tank

Is this an okay senario to have? I mean for the RP and for you, Shal??

Edited: ;)  A new "family member" now--Lt. Col. Donovan Corral (played by Rommie), friend to Danae's parents and Danae's "uncle" for practically all her life; plus her good friend Tasha Jones (played by Rae).

I mention these because for some reason these two people and her parents are the only ones that cause Danae to sometimes experience "stronger" emotions than normal when they are around or she thinks of them.  They trigger something inside of her brain.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 June 2003 - 12:25 PM.

#53 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:18 AM

Due to circumstances beyond my control. the Time RP will gbe starting later than I planned. Probably Thursday night, my sincerest appologies.  I'm on a borrrowed computer, and my access will be irregular. :glare:
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#54 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:54 AM

No problems {{{{{{{{{Shal}}}}}}}}

No rush!! :D  Any time is fine!

#55 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:48 AM

I am still in need of profiles from

Shalamar
Jid
Raeven
Brit
Godeskian

And anyone else that I have missed.

I currently have profiles for...

RommieSG
LTA
Griffin
NikkiPeppermint
Gaiate
Mikoto

Shal has sporadic internet access, but if you would send full profiles on to her through PM, she will get them all approved and headed my way.

Thank you for your time and cooperation. :)

Rommie - Sitebuilder
Posted Image

#56 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:35 PM

Here you go Rommie :)

Name: Natasha Jones

Race: Human. Cybernetic enhancements: improved eye sight and hearing, artificial right arm

Ht: 5' 6"            Wt: 130 lbs.    Marital Status: Single, no children

Hair: Brunette, straight, shoulder length

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tatoos: a Chinese dragon on her back and a celtic band around the top of her left arm.

Body Build: Athletic

Profession: Memory Prime time travelling researcher and artifact 'collector'

Known Skills: She is a competent fighter, but prefers to talk her way out of trouble. Safe-cracker, lock-picker, explosions expert.

Relatives: Uncle James 'Jim one-eyed' Jones

Known History:  Natasha was orphaned as a child, bought up by her uncle, who also works for Memory Prime. Her parents were killed while undertaking a scientific experiment….the research corporation they had been working for denied all responsibility, but the same corporation has continued to support Natasha throughout her life, even paying for her cybernetic enhancements and getting her her position with Memory Prime – she is unaware of this and still hopes to bring the corporation to justice.

Her cybernetic implants are not of the best quality and sometimes malfunction – leading to crippling headaches and blackouts.

She is friends with Danae Quinn (Monique)  

No significant romantic attachments

Edited by Raeven, 04 June 2003 - 11:29 PM.

#57 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:41 PM

Cyle C. Katarn,

Chief of Security, Memory Prime facility.

5'9, 200 pounds, all muscle and bone

Marital status single

History: This information is classified top secret, due to extensive special operations work
Education:This information is classified top secret, due to extensive special operations work
Skills: This information is classified top secret, due to extensive special operations work

enjoy :p

#58 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:51 PM

As I stated in my post, please send them to Shal first, and if possible, please put it in the format that is currently in use at DancingDownMoon. It makes my job a lot easier.

Thank You

Rommie

#59 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:18 AM

Good news! I have a chance to work for the next two weeks taking over for a teacher and finishing out the year.  I'm still playing but will be a bit slow until after June 19, just being able to post early AM and in the afternoon/evening.  :D :D

#60 Tyrs Girl

Tyrs Girl

The King has returned

• Islander
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:32 PM

This sounds really cool. Count me in.

Name: Mariel Lynn Talisman

Race: Human, no implants

Ht. 5'8"

Hair: Shoulder length, curly, dark brown

Eyes: Dark brown

Weight: 130 lbs

Special skills: hand to hand combat training, martial arts, trained with most weapons

Known history: Her parents worked at Memory Prime and her mother was killed on an assignment. Her father is retired and encouraged her to join. Despite her mother's death, Mariel is looking  forward to joining the team as an explorer.

Edited by Tyrs Girl, 05 June 2003 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users