Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Man Robs Florida Bank. . .

Florida Man robs bank 2007

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:17 AM

. . .to go back to prison

Police say man staged Fla. robbery to go back to prison

Ummm. . .Okay. What does he think the Federal Pen is, a hotel? Or is this the new kind of welfare?

Edited by Lost Cause, 10 January 2007 - 10:17 AM.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#2 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

Still the stupidest member of the party

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

Um...well, maybe he was really poor, and getting a bed to sleep in and hot food everyday without having to do anything (save  being a criminal) was too much of a temptation to turn down. Or he fell in love with a prison guard? No...this is confusing.
Posted Image

#3 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:33 AM

When some criminals get acclimated to the system and learn to work it, it's the happiest they've ever been.  It gives them order and stability they were lacking in real life, and it's a system that they understand... so, weirdly, they prefer being inside, where everything's planned out for them and they know where their next meal's coming from.   Like Charles Manson.  That guy's not actually half as bats**t crazy as he acts, but every time a parole hearing comes up he babbles his weirdness and does his "I get energy from the AIR!" dances, and they send him right back to his cell... right where he wants to be.

To paraphrase Slingblade, the outside world is "too big."

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#4 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

Cable, free internet, free meals, bed and no need to buy new clothes, what's not to love right?  :sarcasm:  :sneaky:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#5 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

^I wondered if "institutionalization" might be part of it.  The guy said, as noted in the article, he didn't like working.  (He had worked as roofer for five years.)  That made me wonder if he had this thing where he preferred to have everything taken care of for him, on our nickle, of course.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#6 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

When some criminals get acclimated to the system and learn to work it, it's the happiest they've ever been. It gives them order and stability they were lacking in real life, and it's a system that they understand... so, weirdly, they prefer being inside,

^I wondered if "institutionalization" might be part of it. The guy said, as noted in the article, he didn't like working. (He had worked as roofer for five years.) That made me wonder if he had this thing where he preferred to have everything taken care of for him, on our nickle, of course.

One, the other, or a little of both.
Can't Touch This!!

#7 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

Prisoners don't get cable and internet :sarcasm:

This outlines a very real problem with helping prisoners adapt to the outside after they've been in prison. There's not enough support in place. It's a big leap from prison to teh outside world and with no one to help make that leap, reoffending, the only thing they know how to do, is the thing they are most likely to turn to. As was said above, the security and stability of prison life is so much easier than trying to re-adjust to outside life, after you already adjusted to prison life.

It also connects to the situation with the homeless. Homeless people who sleep in the cold find prison is an improvement. And Beka, before you decide that homeless people are just lazy, try having no skills, no home address and no money and then trying to get a job.

In this case the guy does have a skill so it's more likely the first paragraph. Any of you who think prison is a cakewalk though have apparently eaten the notion up from the media without listening to what the prisoners have to say about prison life.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#8 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:18 PM

The mere fact that this guy said he "enjoys" prison tells me that the last one he was at wasn't nearly harsh enough. Nobody in their right mind enjoys prison...unless, of course, that prison is doing something drastically wrong.

As for this guy...hell with sending him to a federal prison...stick him in a state prison, general population...See if he still enjoys it?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Florida, Man robs bank, 2007

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users