5 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:34 AM

http://washingtontim...24852-6129r.htm

PHILADELPHIA (AP) The nation's third-largest Boy Scout council expanded its nondiscrimination policy to include sexual orientation, defying the national group's official position.
    The board of the Cradle of Liberty Council, which has 87,000 members in Philadelphia and two neighboring counties, voted unanimously this month to make the change after discussions with homosexual activists and other community leaders that began two years ago.

I applaud the Philahelphia decision.

The boy scouts decision is inexplicable and unfair, although a private organization does have that right.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Ro-Astarte

Ro-Astarte

goddess of love and blowing things up

• Islander
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:55 AM

Javert Rovinski, on May 30 2003, 05:38 PM, said:

I applaud the Philahelphia decision.

The boy scouts decision is inexplicable and unfair, although a private organization does have that right.
I likewise applaud the Philadelphians.

And, if said "private organization"  is accepting government funds, they do not.

And if they're soliciting public donations and participation they damn straight better be upfront about their agenda.

Ro

#3 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:58 AM

Way to go, Philadelphia!
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#4 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:18 AM

Ro-Astarte, on May 30 2003, 03:59 PM, said:

And, if said "private organization"  is accepting government funds, they do not.
Re: Gov't funds.

I concur. And I think by now that the entire public nows their policy on gays. :).
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#5 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:27 AM

Well the courts have agreed that the scouts have the right to decide their membership requirements. The scouts get money becasue they have a long histroy of doing exceptional acts of civic involment. Sometimes at times when no one else would.

I personally do not agree with their polices but I respect the right that the court says they may do as they have.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#6 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:44 AM

GO PHILLY

finally a tolerant bunch of boyscouts

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LGBT, Philadelphia Boy Scouts, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users