Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:02 PM

http://story.news.ya...d_japan_pinball

Oddly Enough - UK Reuters

Official resigns over post-quake pinball
Fri May 30, 6:26 AM ET 

TOKYO (Reuters) - A senior Japanese local government official has resigned after admitting to playing pinball instead of helping to deal with a powerful earthquake (news - web sites) in the area, Kyodo news agency says.

Takashi Chiba, the deputy governor of Akita Prefecture in northern Japan, was enjoying a game of "pachinko," a popular pinball-like game, when a strong earthquake struck at about 6:30 p.m. on Monday, the agency said on Friday.

The official has since resigned.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:45 PM

I think this is what you would call an addiction.  :eek:  :pout:

#3 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:45 PM

Ummm.... well then.... :blink:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#4 Julie

Julie
  • Islander
  • 777 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:00 PM

:eh: And I thought I was addicted to Minesweeper...

But I'm willing to bet there's more to this story than we're being told.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disasters, Earthquake, Japan, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users