offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:44 AM

Clinton in it, to win it, like that silly song on disney radio
;)
http://news.yahoo.co..._pr/clinton2008
so ............ what does this mean for us?
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

And for those of you who keep wondering about Bill Richardson, check out the third paragraph. The local news here in New Mexico is expecting him to announce on the Sunday morning show(s).

Anna
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#3 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

Oh, now that will be really interesting.  I like Richardson a lot...  though I think Hillary will get the nomination.  Definitely like the sound of Clinton/Richardson, though.

Edited by ScottEVill, 20 January 2007 - 03:05 PM.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#4 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

I don't know who it was who announced his intentions to run for president but he called it a trip down the yellow brick road?

Who writes this guys' copy. That is the worst way to start a campaign I have ever heard!
So which one is he, Dorthy, the brainless Straw Man, the heartless Tin Man or the cowardly Lion? Wait a minute. if he's anything like GB, he's Toto!
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

I think Obama/Clinton sounds better. :cool:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

It means I WON'T be voting for her.  :cool:

View PostDWF, on Jan 20 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

Really?  I sure don't.  Nothing like two extreme leftists bording on the communist side to ruin this country.

I don't like Barak Hussein Obama.  Illinios politicians are all corrupt.  More than even NY and CA combined.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#7 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on Jan 20 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

I don't know who it was who announced his intentions to run for president but he called it a trip down the yellow brick road?
Sen. Sam Brownback: Kansas Republican, social conservative, and religious right golden boy.
cervisiam tene rem specta

#8 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:53 PM

View PostSpidey, on Jan 20 2007, 09:46 PM, said:

View PostDWF, on Jan 20 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

Really?  I sure don't.  Nothing like two extreme leftists bording on the communist side to ruin this country.

Clinton isn't that far on the left she's had several conservatives agree with her in the past.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#9 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

View PostScottEVill, on Jan 20 2007, 03:05 PM, said:

Oh, now that will be really interesting.  I like Richardson a lot...  though I think Hillary will get the nomination.  Definitely like the sound of Clinton/Richardson, though.
I hope she gets it.  A lot of people are going to vote for the Republican candidate on the anything but Hillary ticket.  Someone like Obama would concern me more than Hillary who is hated in many circles.
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#10 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:55 AM

View PostDWF, on Jan 20 2007, 06:58 PM, said:

The same people who anointed Obama were declaring George Allen the GOP front-runner not too long ago.  Now, not only is he not running for his party's nomination, he's not even in the Senate, anymore.

I need more information.  He needs to demonstrate he can do more than give good sound-bite, that his understanding of the issues (particularly on the wars) goes all the way to the soft, chewey center.  Right now, I don't see any reason to think he can beat Hillary.  She may not have his charisma, but he doesn't have her experience.  No other candidate in the field can claim to have been a successful president's closest advisor -- or to have a successful president as her closest advisor.  In a Hillary Clinton administration, a former president will have a West Wing office.  He will be down the hall.  

I don't care what party you favor -- That's invaluable experience to have on tap, something no other freshman president has had.  In times like these, it could make all the difference, and, in my mind, it's a key element of Hillary's appeal.  

Have you ever voted for a democrat in a national election?  

I don't like Barak Hussein Obama.  Illinios politicians are all corrupt.
Right, and everybody knows all people named "Hussein" are evil, so it's a double whammy.  (Has anyone thought to check if he's made of wood?)

View PostCJ AEGIS, on Jan 21 2007, 12:24 AM, said:

View PostScottEVill, on Jan 20 2007, 03:05 PM, said:

I hope she gets it.  A lot of people are going to vote for the Republican candidate on the anything but Hillary ticket.  Someone like Obama would concern me more than Hillary who is hated in many circles.

No matter who is nominated, that person will be Swift Boated, so it follows that Democrats should nominate someone who can fight back.  John Kerry just stood there and took it.  He went wind surfing or whatever.  Not only did he have no clue how that made him look, he dismissed out of hand everyone around him who tried to tell him how it was making him look.  And so the Swift Boaters made mince meat out of him.  

Clearly, Obama understands how the media works, and that's good, but can he fight?  Hillary has not only fought these battles, but won them.  Obviously, you're no Democrat, CJ, but for those of us who will actually be voting in the primaries, it's something to think about.

#11 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,297 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:17 AM

Mark: (trying to imagine First Man, Bill) Posted Image
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#12 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:59 AM

What a unique experience it would be for a former president to move back into the White Hosue as the spouse, and experience it all from such a drastically different point of view.  I would definitely read that book.

#13 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,297 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:30 AM

View PostScottEVill, on Jan 21 2007, 01:59 AM, said:

What a unique experience it would be for a former president to move back into the White Hosue as the spouse, and experience it all from such a drastically different point of view.  I would definitely read that book.

Mark: As long as he doesn't have a kegger in the Lincoln bedroom when the President is away...I'll be alright with it.
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#14 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:21 AM

View PostScottEVill, on Jan 20 2007, 10:55 PM, said:

What does that have anything to do with this?  But to satisfy your morbid curiosity, I voted for Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and John Kerry.  How does that sound?  Is that democratic enough for you?  When I vote, I don't look at party affiliation.  I look at what the candidate is going to do, and if he/she is qualified.  How about you?

I don't like Barak Hussein Obama.  Illinios politicians are all corrupt.
Right, and everybody knows all people named "Hussein" are evil, so it's a double whammy.  (Has anyone thought to check if he's made of wood?)

I was being fecicious.  In any case, I've been keeping an eye on Illinois' politicians, and I don't like them one damn bit.  They've gone too far to the left, even tossing out the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 9th amendments with how they run things there.  I won't vote for some one who does not respect the Constitution.  It's bad enough Duh-b'ya practically thrown it out.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#15 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

As much as I would like to see a female president who is interested in health care for all, I think she needs to divorce Bill before she can move up the ladder.
The scandals that surrounded him are only going to keep her down.
Who want him back in a position of power knowing that there is going to be hanky panky in the white house once again?
I don't think many of use will expect that leopard to change his spots.
Sad to say but true, the spouse is very important to the job, having one that can't be trusted and will only bring more scandal to the table, is her biggest draw back.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#16 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

hey i'm hearing that the NM gov just declared, announced,
so he's in it to win it too;
so ...... what does that do for us? (or Hilary)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#17 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

I'm glad that Richardson has tossed his hat into the ring. On paper, he's probably the most impressive candidate in the field--tons of experience and lots of respect from members of both parties.

He is, however, a long-shot. He has virtually no name recognition, despite his years in government. And he's a lumpy, frumpy, shy kinda guy--which I personally find endearing, but I'm not sure how most Americans will respond. Despite what we say, we seem to prefer our politicians to be slick. Richardson is the anti-slick candidate. He's visibly uncomfortable in interviews--not because he's imperious but because he's, well, shy-ish--but he is charming in a low-key, real kinda way. It will be interesting to see how he does during the campaign. Hillary and Obama have all the glamour. I'm curious to see if it overshadows Richardson or if people see something in him that glitters despite the spotlight being cast on others.

Personally, I have no idea who I'll support at this point. Much depends on what each candidate says during the debates and in their stump speeches. But I'm impressed with the field so far and Richardson's addition to it should add much substance to the candidates' discussions. He's just a solid, experienced statesman.

http://news.yahoo.co.../richardson2008
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#18 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

I hope she gets it. A lot of people are going to vote for the Republican candidate on the anything but Hillary ticket. Someone like Obama would concern me more than Hillary who is hated in many circles.

In a way CJ, I hope you're right. Let the GOP clean up the mess they've made instead of dumping it on a Dem President and then whining endlessly about everything they do to clean up that mess. Here's an example for ya. Reagan spends like a drunken sailor and leaves the mess for Bush 41 who then loses his reelection bid for breaking his "No new taxes" pledge". Nevermind that it was the right thing to do, the responsible thing to do and nevermind it was cleaning up the fiscal mess Reagan left. How often have we seen this happen. The alleged champions of fiscal responsibility and smaller government, run up huge debts then when the Dems raised taxes to cut that debt, the scream "Tax and spend liberals!!!!" Since the Reagan years, it seems the GOP is great at spending and leaving the next poor slob to do the taxing to clean up the mess.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:23 AM

Well, I'm shocked.  Shocked, I tell you.  Hillary?  Who could've guessed?  Wow!

I'll vote for her if I gotta, but I'm hoping for somebody else, frankly.

Anyway, whoever wins is going to have a scorned presidency, 'cuz all they're going to get to do is clean up the mess made by George W. (the "W" is for "waaaaaaay incompetent").  They'll get blamed for what they inherit, and the way George has been running things there are a lot of little "time bombs" that we won't even realize are a problem until he's out of office.  He's been planting little catastrophe-seeds that won't see fruition 'til the next term - be that under Democrat or Republican.  I'm gonna have to remember to flow whoever comes next a little more slack than I usually would.   But, I don't expect that unbudgeable 31%, who are still into George on "faith" or something, to flow any slack.  They'll desperately try to stick all George's failures on to whoever follows, and it's going to be ugly, ugly, ugly.   Since they already hate Hillary, add a couple of extra "ugly"'s if she wins it.

As for Obama's middle name... who gives a ratrump about that?  If you let yourself get distracted by such things as a person's name, then you are mutton waiting to be harvested and served up.  Sheesh.  Sophisticate just a wee bit, get around the stupid little card tricks the spinmeisters like to play on us, 'cuz if we can't do better than that, we don't even deserve the right to vote...

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#20 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:10 AM

View PostSpidey, on Jan 21 2007, 09:21 AM, said:

View PostScottEVill, on Jan 20 2007, 10:55 PM, said:

What does that have anything to do with this?  But to satisfy your morbid curiosity, I voted for Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and John Kerry.  How does that sound?  Is that democratic enough for you?  When I vote, I don't look at party affiliation.  I look at what the candidate is going to do, and if he/she is qualified.  How about you?

You voted for Bill Clinton and Al Gore but Hilary is to much of a damn lib'rul for you?

Does. Not. Compute.  :blowup:

enTranced

Edited by enTranced, 22 January 2007 - 10:11 AM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2008, Hillary Clinton declares, Democrats

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users