#21 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

View PostUna Salus Lillius, on Jan 30 2007, 01:01 PM, said:

View PostSpectacles, on Jan 30 2007, 09:49 AM, said:

Lil: I don't think she's so smart. The quip about her cheating husband is exactly the kind of thing that people who will argue she can't be taken seriously because she sounds like a catty female will jump on.

Yep. It may have been a pre-emptive attempt to de-fuse a time bomb, but the Clinton marriage is going to be grist for Swiftboaters' mills. Expect more.

And I do think Gore is going to enter the race at some point.

I hope so.  The democrats sorely need a "cause" to hang their hats on that doesn't automatically divide the country on religious lines.  The environment is an EXCELLENT choice.

Support for environmental legislation is a mile wide, but about an inch deep. Try polling on things like a gas tax, pollution laws that (almost by necessity) increase prices, halting development to make sure that a species of mosquito doesn’t go extinct, destroying coastlines with windmills, etc., and support drops exponentially. Almost everything that’s good for the environment and non-controversial has already been done. A campaign run entirely on environmental issues would indeed have a uniting effect, but probably not the one the Democrats are hoping for.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2008, Hillary Clinton, 2007, Iowa

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users