• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Caithness

Caithness

Nemo me impune lacessit.

• Islander
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

You guys, I can't stand it any more.  I have to just say this.

I'm the father.
Posted Image

#42 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

What's with this paternity suit thing?

Swap inside of mouth, test DNA, answer. No need for any suit.

The ony reason for a suit is if you don't want to be found responsible for the child. That's not the case here. I think the guy claiming to be the father may have a point in wanting DNA from Anna though, but that would only be necessary if the initial test says he's not the father.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#43 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

View PostRhea, on Feb 9 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

Lessee...standing up to her husband's family so she could keep his billions....not a feminist act requiring any balls at all, just greed and a good attorney. :wacko:

I find it hard to believe that anybody could watch this pathetic drugged-up woman for more than a couple of minutes and credit her with any intelligence.

Except she was entitled by law to a portion of her husband's estate. That was all she ever fought for. She knew she was not going to get the whole thing or a bulk portion of it. If you want to talk greed their was the Son who brought the whole issue up and finally had to pay what the prenup said.

I could not watch the woman I found her to painful to watch. Even when her clothes were comming off.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#44 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

Whether you liked her or not(And I do think she got alittle too much press.) her death is a regic one even if she wasn't great human being on the planet, she does have a young daughter and I think she generally loved her children, which is what makes death so tragic I guess.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#45 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

View Postwiggy, on Feb 9 2007, 03:02 AM, said:

In an ideal world that would be true, but she came from a small town where everyone looked down on her trailer park trash family. She did marry a poor man and was unhappy went off to make better money and then found the favour of a rich man.

Her mother says that's a lie:

http://www.nytimes.c...amp;oref=slogin

And it was a day when even Ms. Smith's hardscrabble childhood underwent revision. “She didn't come from a small town, as she said she did,” her mother, Virgie Arthur, said on “Good Morning America.”

Ms. Smith had claimed the small town of Mexia, Tex., about 80 miles south of Dallas, as her birthplace. Ms. Arthur said she once asked Ms. Smith why she had reinvented her biography: “You're born in Houston, a middle-class family. Why do you tell that story?”

“She said, 'Mom, nobody wants to read books or see people on TV concerning, you know, middle-class girl found a rich millionaire and married him. There's not a story in that,' ” Ms. Arthur recalled. “She said, 'The
story is I come from rags to riches, and so that's what I'm going to tell.'

So her past is apparently as phone as her boobs. Makes a good story, though.

Edited to add: apparently they moved to Mexia when Anna Nicole was a teenager. They were not, however, poor folks, and the majority of her growing up days were spent in Houston.

The people in Mexia have never been eager to claim her as their own because of her outlandish behavior:

http://news.yahoo.co...ceiyhRP6RBxFb8C

Edited by Rhea, 10 February 2007 - 08:37 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#46 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:55 PM

I don't feel I have the right to judge her. I didn't know her personality and what I did know had been filtered through the press.

Either way, very tragic.
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#47 White Tiger

White Tiger

God, The Universe and everything...

• Islander
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'll tell you what I know.
She suffered greatly at the loss of her son and my heart went out to her.
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.
And the ONE MILLIONTH POSTER ON EXISLE!

#48 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:15 AM

View PostRhea, on Feb 10 2007, 06:55 PM, said:

In an ideal world that would be true, but she came from a small town where everyone looked down on her trailer park trash family. She did marry a poor man and was unhappy went off to make better money and then found the favour of a rich man.

And it was a day when even Ms. Smith's hardscrabble childhood underwent revision. “She didn't come from a small town, as she said she did,” her mother, Virgie Arthur, said on “Good Morning America.”

Ms. Smith had claimed the small town of Mexia, Tex., about 80 miles south of Dallas, as her birthplace. Ms. Arthur said she once asked Ms. Smith why she had reinvented her biography: “You're born in Houston, a middle-class family. Why do you tell that story?”

“She said, 'Mom, nobody wants to read books or see people on TV concerning, you know, middle-class girl found a rich millionaire and married him. There's not a story in that,' ” Ms. Arthur recalled. “She said, 'The

Edited to add: apparently they moved to Mexia when Anna Nicole was a teenager. They were not, however, poor folks, and the majority of her growing up days were spent in Houston.

The people in Mexia have never been eager to claim her as their own because of her outlandish behavior:

It doesn't matter about being poor or middle class.  Not much difference down in Texas.  If you are not rich you are poor, actually.  And you are raised to believe that your body is what will get you were you need to be.

This doesn't change the fact that the ol' man wanted her to get so much of his money-why not let her have it-she married him.  Clean and true she married him.
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#49 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

View PostSpidey, on Feb 9 2007, 08:06 PM, said:

Any updates as to the cause of her death?  Some folks over at another board I peek into think it could have been some conspiracy.  I doubt that, as do many others.  I think it was because she had the stomach flu, had a few prescription pills, and she was still depressed over her son's recent death (the cause of I don't know) combined.  I was unhappy when my local news reported the police found illegal drugs in the room.  This morning, the police said there were NO illegal drugs.  Reporters need to do their homework better and not give out false information.

I doubt there was any conspiracy or Her late stepson would have had her 'taken care of' a long time ago.

I thought initially that maybe it was suicide but after listening to a few more reports, I'm thinking Spidey's idea about the stomach flu and prescription pills might be more of the answer.  

Or the combination of whatever prescription meds she had. There is a computer program that I have been told about that---when all correct info about meds is input ---will tell you if there are some potentially lethal combos.  Pharmacists are supposed to run this (or at last the ones I use do) ...but then again it depends on the person being truthful and all info being accurate.

As to her lying about her past....how many people do you think do that in show biz to make themselves more interesting?  I'm sure Anna Nicole is not the only one.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#50 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

If I had to hazard a guess as to the cause of death, I'm thinking a methadone reaction (much as it probably was with her son). Doctors have been perscribing it for some other condition (depression maybe?) don't remember for sure but people have been dying from it in much the same way Daniel did. The person falls asleep and never wakes up. They stop breathing and just die. I saw a program on it not a month before Daniel's death and I do believe they found it in his blood stream. The cops said they found NO illegal drugs in Anna Nicole's room, only prescription drugs. The coroner also said her organs didn't show signs of major drug abuse either. I'm betting she died from an adverse reaction to a mix of prescription drugs and possibly alcohol.

Edited by Lin731, 11 February 2007 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

It also could be a genetic predisposition. A problem with a heart valve that only showed up now. A blood vessel broke some place and she went like a switch being thrown.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#52 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

View PostHibblette, on Feb 10 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

And it was a day when even Ms. Smith's hardscrabble childhood underwent revision. "She didn't come from a small town, as she said she did," her mother, Virgie Arthur, said on "Good Morning America."

Ms. Smith had claimed the small town of Mexia, Tex., about 80 miles south of Dallas, as her birthplace. Ms. Arthur said she once asked Ms. Smith why she had reinvented her biography: "You're born in Houston, a middle-class family. Why do you tell that story?"

"She said, 'Mom, nobody wants to read books or see people on TV concerning, you know, middle-class girl found a rich millionaire and married him. There's not a story in that,' " Ms. Arthur recalled. "She said, 'The

It doesn't matter about being poor or middle class. Not much difference down in Texas. If you are not rich you are poor, actually. And you are raised to believe that your body is what will get you were you need to be.

This doesn't change the fact that the ol' man wanted her to get so much of his money-why not let her have it-she married him. Clean and true she married him.

Actually, there's a lot of difference. You may live in Texas now, but I'm the product of generations of Texans, and there's a huge difference between poor and middle class. My father's family were dirt poor and my mom's were upper middle class, and I guarantee you that the only people who don't think there's a difference have never been dirt poor.

As for marrying him "clean and true," from what I've read there's a good argument to made for her taking advantage of a senile old man. If that was the case, there's nothing "clean and true" about it, and it's no wonder his family is protesting what happened. Given that he was pretty much on his last legs when he married her, I can only hope that she was as good to him as he was to her.

Edited by Rhea, 11 February 2007 - 12:07 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#53 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

I was just in Texas for a family reunion (Houston even) and the middle class (my family) is alive and well thank you very much.
Posted Image

#54 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:21 PM

View PostRhea, on Feb 11 2007, 11:04 AM, said:

Actually, there's a lot of difference. You may live in Texas now, but I'm the product of generations of Texans, and there's a huge difference between poor and middle class. My father's family were dirt poor and my mom's were upper middle class, and I guarantee you that the only people who don't think there's a difference have never been dirt poor.

There is a huge difference between dirt poor and upper middle class....

Where there is not as big a difference between lower middle class and poor.

Like I said before....Anna Nicole is not the only person in the world, let alone the world of celebrity to exaggerate or lie about their background to make themselves seem more interesting.

As for marrying him "clean and true," from what I've read there's a good argument to made for her taking advantage of a senile old man. If that was the case, there's nothing "clean and true" about it, and it's no wonder his family is protesting what happened. Given that he was pretty much on his last legs when he married her, I can only hope that she was as good to him as he was to her.

I don't know the situation as far as whether Anna Nicole truly loved and/or cared for the old man.

But she did make a point in an interview...if she had been only in it for the money she could have married him years earlier as this was no quick and short relationship.

And if anyone does not think that the rich can get nasty and try to protect their own monetary interests...especially when it comes to an inheritance...then they live in a different world than the rest of us.
I've seen families get nasty and sling insults, smear others etc when it comes to an inheritance...and that includes poor and middle class families, not just the wealthy.

But then again...unless you were there...none of us truly know.  We can only speculate.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#55 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:52 PM

View PostRhea, on Feb 11 2007, 11:04 AM, said:

View PostHibblette, on Feb 10 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

And it was a day when even Ms. Smith's hardscrabble childhood underwent revision. "She didn't come from a small town, as she said she did," her mother, Virgie Arthur, said on "Good Morning America."

Ms. Smith had claimed the small town of Mexia, Tex., about 80 miles south of Dallas, as her birthplace. Ms. Arthur said she once asked Ms. Smith why she had reinvented her biography: "You're born in Houston, a middle-class family. Why do you tell that story?"

"She said, 'Mom, nobody wants to read books or see people on TV concerning, you know, middle-class girl found a rich millionaire and married him. There's not a story in that,' " Ms. Arthur recalled. "She said, 'The

It doesn't matter about being poor or middle class. Not much difference down in Texas. If you are not rich you are poor, actually. And you are raised to believe that your body is what will get you were you need to be.

This doesn't change the fact that the ol' man wanted her to get so much of his money-why not let her have it-she married him. Clean and true she married him.

I was born in Texas.  I come from a long line of Texans going back to the Indians of this hard place.

The point is whether you are rich, poor or middle class-you will find that attitude of use your body to get yourself the security.  It still exists.

Edited by Hibblette, 11 February 2007 - 12:54 PM.

"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#56 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:19 PM

And what's wrong with that? Some people use their brains or their talent or their time to make money, why not use your body?

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#57 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:27 PM

^Because that body eventually wears down.

People that do that do not have a very good self esteem.  They are very tragic people actually.

In regards to rich people and their inheritance-those kids were not going to do without.  They were getting their share.

All Anna Nicole wanted was what the ol' man promised her-she didn't go for all of it as G pointed out.

#58 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

It also could be a genetic predisposition. A problem with a heart valve that only showed up now. A blood vessel broke some place and she went like a switch being thrown.

That's how my mom died, a valve just went and she was gone before she hit the ground but if that had been the case here, it would have shown up on the preliminary autopsy and it didn't. That's why they're running toxicology on her now. A heart valve would have been immediately apparent at the autopsy and it wasn't.

Edited by Lin731, 11 February 2007 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:35 PM

View PostHibblette, on Feb 11 2007, 06:27 PM, said:

People that do that do not have a very good self esteem.  They are very tragic people actually.

I disagree rather strongly with that.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#60 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

This is a guess on my part but I thought when the news first broke that her death has something to with those Trimspa pills she took to lose all that weight, especially after I heard her say that she needed nine pills a day. :blink:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Anna Nicole Smith, 2007

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users