Discussion for Atomic Sunrise IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:36 PM

Welcome to the new Atomic Sunrise game: Absolute Power! We'll still finish up the current game, but I want everyone to have a chance to see what they are getting into :D.

For this game we say hi to Caithness/”Mishka”. (She’ll be our only new player since all parts have been written! Go ahead and post your profile to the PROFILE THREAD...you, too, Mikoto!)

To start here are some pictures! (Yay, visuals :wink: ).

College campus

Scroll down for entire university campus, we’re only using a very small section in our game but this gives an idea of the surrounding area/ruins/open space now. Note our map is the opposite direction but you can see the arena, library, and main buildings we’re using. Take reasonable guesses at how long it would take to cover the areas of the compound you will be ‘playing in’ using my distances.

My attempt at drawing!
Radillos_compound.JPG

Okay, here goes with the description so we all write about the same place :wink:. (You all did great with my little western town, so this is just a teensy more challenging :angel: ) I just really like to be able to visual where the setting is taking place, otherwise I write with a blank picture in my head. Measurements are just approximate to give an idea of the size.

(My entire drawing)
East to West:  Just over ½ mile (.88 kilometers)
North to South: A bit less than ½ mile (.59 kilometers)

Main entrance road: .40 mile (almost ½)

The Compound:

Background
Spoiler: click to show/hide
Radillos controls four key structures on what was once a state college. Built during the twentieth century Cold War, these buildings were constructed of reinforced concrete for use as bomb shelters in the event of nuclear war. The final apocalyptic war came so long after a long age of relative peace, so many of the other buildings that were later constructed were not built to the same specifications. Because of this, when the low-grade nuke hit, the buildings now inhabited by Radillos stood up to the blast and many of the surrounding structures collapsed.

The Tunnels:
Library/Arena: 150 feet long
Building #1/Arena: 125 feet long
Library/Building #2: 150 feet long

Current:

Each of the four main buildings are still connected to underground steam tunnels, which run throughout what was once the campus and connect to most of the buildings. (See tunnels in GREEN). The entrances to the steam tunnels are guarded by armed soldiers loyal to Radillos; the ones that connect to his compound (#1 & #2) are blocked, barricaded, and guarded.

The nuclear reactor is located in the basement of a small building a few hundred yards from the primary compound and is staffed with guards and the engineers who keep it running.

#1 – Primary Compound:
300 feet x 200 feet
A four story building that was once a gymnasium. Radillos's base. A stairway guarded by soldiers and monitored by security cameras links all four floors of the building.

Bottom floor used primarily as slave quarters. Second and third floors contain offices built around an emptied swimming pool, which holds numerous barrels of gasoline.  Office used by Radillos’s scientists, who create mutants that will be entertaining in the arena.  Fourth floor contains an auditorium as well as Radillos’s personal quarters. His room is guarded by six of his best-trained and most loyal followers and is filled with numerous weapons, preapocalypse entertainment devices, and the finest rugs and art he has been able to acquire.

Gymnasium connected to the arena by an underground tunnel (see green).  Because the exterior of this building is heavily guarded by thugs and security devices, this arrangment has saved Radillos from assisnation attempts on numerous occassions.

#2 – Secondary Compound:
200 feet x 275 feet
Was a second gymnasium. Connects to main compound by way of a sky bridge on the third floor. The devastation of nearby nuclear blast shattered the windows on the exterior of this walkway, but those have since been replaced with bulletproof tinted windows. Sky bridge used as one of the primary lookout stations.

A smaller pool exists in this building. Home for aquatic mutant specimens that have been created by his scientists.

Rest of building used to store weapons and ammunition and serves as barracks for soldiers.

Arena:
600 feet x 500 feet
Contains what was once a football (American) field and bleachers. The nuclear blast tore away the top level of the bleachers, so the top section of the arena is jaggedly shorn from the rest of the seating (which remains quite sturdy).

The artifical turf on the field had long since degraded and been replaced by sand and obstacles to make the gladitorial matches more interesting. These obstacles include spike pits, posts with spikes protruding from them, and cages that can either be left on the ground or suspended above the arena floor and dropped upon the combatants.

Library:
700 feet x 350 feet
The only main structure not controlled by Radillos  and his soldiers, the library is actually three connected buildings. Home to a reclusive monastic order that predates Radillos’s arrival and is dedicated to the preservation of knowledge.

Typically dressed in hooded gray robes, the order’s members have an uneasy peace agrement with the mutant warlord.  Radillos allows them to maintain the knowledge found within these walls, and in return, they must provide him with any knowledge from their vaults that he needs. The monks abide by his terms reluctantly.

Dorm:
200 feet x 100 feet
Six stories tall. Weathered the nearby nuclear explosion better than expected. The bottom floor, once a recreation area, is now the bottommost guard post.

The floors above ar each identical, consisting of small dormitory rooms on either side of a central hallway.

Upper floors of the building offer a clear view of the surrounding region, so guards are typically posted on the roof. During gladitorial matches, the rooms in this building are rented out to wealthy vistors, who trade up to 20 TU in goods per night. Food, drugs, and the use of slaves are available for an additional fee.

Dorm #2:
150 feet x 200 feet
Six stories tall. Where the employees live, except the guards who live in the barracks.

Crater:
This crater is the site where a low-grade (75 kiloton) nuclear weapon struck. Approximately 100 feet deep and 1000 feet across. Rocky center remains dangerously radioactive. On the frequent occasions when Radiollos passes a death sentence on a disobedient soldier, an unruly prisoner, or some random person, that unfortunate soul is tossed into the pit. Suffers exposure to a lethal dose of radiation. Area surrounding the pit is also lightly irradiated.

The nearby town of Pullman:
Our setting is located on the southeastern border of Washington State next to Idaho (or what used to be those states before the war).  Rolling farmlands, hills, shrubs, abandoned wineries and wild grapes, flat areas, some light woodland areas. Pullman is built (what’s left of it) on rolling hills.

The town of Pullman is just east of the compound (where the main entrance is). The former university used to be connected to the town but there’s a lot of ruins between the main entrance and the “heart” of the town, but it’s walkable in a couple of miles. The people living in Pullman are mostly scared of our bad guys and terrorized by them, although some will visit the compound for entertainment and other nefarious purposes.  Others wouldn’t be caught dead there.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 22 May 2007 - 06:56 AM.

#2 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

Everyone has gotten PMs about your character’s function during this game. There will be a lot of ideas generated by all of us for possible actions, so in this game we need to talk about what will happen before it happens. A big part of this particular game is that you all get to help decide what the actions are going to be. What I have planned (and it’ll either be a huge success or a nuclear disaster :wink: ) is so complex that I can’t possibly think of the different ways this game could go up front.

This game will have lots of action, but it’ll also be more intellectual involving spying, thinking up ways to sabotage the bad guy, holding secret meetings, meeting new friends who can help but also having to be careful not to trust the wrong people. A lot of what will happen will come up as we play because the team has no idea what to expect and what will happen…and neither do I :D!! Maybe the team will succeed, maybe they won’t. Maybe in the end all they will manage to do is to escape with their lives…then again maybe they’ll bring down the bad guys or at least damage them. I do have a general story idea, so it’s not free-for all…it’s the details of the general story that we’ll be working on together. We’ll all have to be on the alert, read posts carefully, and post as much as we can…how fun! :wink:

I hope that wasn’t confusing…you’ll see as we go along!

So, I hate to use this word, but I’ll need to “approve” any major/moderate actions to make sure everything is fitting in with the idea of the story. We can’t have everyone doing their own thing without some cohesion…Yikes!! We’d have someone blowing up a building or car where someone else had decided to have their secret meeting…or someone shooting the one person another person needed to talk to. Bad!  So, you all will be PMing with me a lot to discuss the story lines and how all of ours fit together…and probably each other, too. I’ll try to be as entertaining as possible!

I told you this was complex…still wanna play? :angel:

#3 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

I wouldn't miss Silas' reaction for anything ;) :devil:

#4 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

Count me in, but then you already knew that didn't you?  :devil:
Rejected and gone.

#5 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

I'm here too.  Sounds good to me.  Welcome Caithness.  Looking forward to rp'ing with you.

#6 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

*can't wait*
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#7 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:10 AM

Actually I think I've changed my mind, I think I'll sit this one out ......................... :devil:

Of course I still wanna play ;)

Welcome to the family caithness :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#8 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:25 AM

^*Steals Rae's chair* :devil:

#9 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:57 AM

:oh: Rae you are not allowed to scare us like that.

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

*makes check marks for Chatty, Brit, and szh!* :D

View PostMikoto, on Feb 18 2007, 07:56 PM, said:

Count me in, but then you already knew that didn't you?  :devil:
:angel: I did!

View PostRaeven, on Feb 19 2007, 03:10 AM, said:

Actually I think I've changed my mind, I think I'll sit this one out ......................... :devil:
None of that now! You're never allowed to sit games out...it's a...a rule or something! :wink:

Of course I still wanna play ;)
I *knew* that! :D

And I know Ishmael is playing and Caithness posted her profile...so we're all here! :D

#11 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:29 PM

Rae can't sit it out, I hid her chair ;)

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

This post will be added to before the game, so keep checking back for the growing list of characters the team will be involved with.

Characters:

The team:
Sophie
Razor
Isabella
Nemo
Ishmael
Konoko
Silas
Carolyne
Sherise

(Alexie will be staying home on this one…still a bit injured, much to her annoyance. Reno is to be left in charge of helping to protect the settlement).

New Characters: (click on names for profiles)

Mishka Nikolaevicha: Lives in the compound at the library the team will be visiting.
Lorei Anasati: Genetic scientist working/living at the compound.

NPC Characters for this game:

Radillos: Hispanic in appearance and origin (along with French) with some facial scars, but still somewhat goodlooking.  5"11 with dark brown hair worn in a long pony tail and deep brown eyes. His main attraction is his charismatic personality, dangerous charm, and enticing smile. He's a second generation mutant but keeps his mutations a guarded secret. But there are some that know and have discovered his weaknesses.
Radillos came to Pullman and the mostly destroyed former university campus twenty-five years ago when he was a young man. He refuses to reveal his age, but he should be somewhere in his early 40s. With his loyal followers at the time, several who are still with him, Radillos forcefully took over the remaining buildings of the university, except the library which he allowed to remain in the hands of the monks for his own purposes. He gathered an army of guards and soldiers, as well as a following of scientists and engineers to help put his daring plans in action. Radillos's driving passion is absolute control and power and a lust for living an exciting and rich life at the expense of others. He can be very intimidating and usually gets what he wants.  Radillos is well-versed in combat and weapons, and his obsession in life is the ancient, old world of the gladiators.

He loves beautiful women and treats those that he fancies in a generous manner. He's interested in art and the psychology that drives people to do what they do, although he rarely looks inward at himself and his own desires. French is a second language to him which he learned from his mother before she died.

(More will be revealed as the story unfolds!)

Second-in-Command: Calvin Fisk (but goes only by "Cal". Using Calvin will get one killed): 6'2", red buzz cut, green eyes, and strongly built. Age is 38. Dresses mostly in camouflage patterns and colors, along with black boots. Is in charge of weapons and ammunition, as well as the soldiers...all housed in Building #2.

Loyal guards: All have flame-like tattoos around neck up over jaw
Jengo, 40: Bald with black goatee; large build; crooked, rotting teeth and missing one up front; grunts more than he talks; carries a sawed-off shotgun.
Wade Jansen, 37: Looks like an older version of Tim with tousled but longer blond hair; rarely smiles, much more serious than his brother; missing a pinky finger on his left hand; carries a rifle and hand gun.
Bane Kruger, 38:  Has a scar on his face (above right eye to below lip), dirty blond hair tied back in a ponytail, overhanging brow, sunken cheekbones, and fierce-looking.
He has a mind mutation that helps him to protect Radillos, and is fiercely loyal since Radillos saved his life from certain death and gave him a second chance, not to mention the best lifestyle he could have ever hoped for.  He is dependent on a drug called neutrad, which is not readily availible. The dependency is due to an illness which damaged a part of his brain, and not a normal addiction. The neutrad corrects the damage so long as he takes a dose once every 24 hours. Radillos allows one of the labs to make this drug, but only in a limited quantity at a time, so there isn't enough to stock up. He doesn't care as his loyalty is complete.

Demetri, 31: Slicked back dark brown hair, short; martial arts expert; carries throwing stars as well as a taser, also a regular gun.
Al, 43: Indian, long black hair worn in a single braid; stocky build; whistles a lot; likes to carve wood, soap, even on people's skin.
Enrique, 30:

Tim Jansen:
He is 22, short blond hair (sort of spiky-tousled naturally), blue eyes, and somewhat serious...meaning he's responsible and keeps focused on the job. But when he smiles his eyes sparkle, and he's also very good-looking. He enjoys nature, walking, and exploring. He's very motivated to make his way in the world and excited about what life has to offer. He wants to "make money" (gain possessions enough to set off on his own and see "the world". He's adventurous and not afraid of living. His job is to protect and defend Radillos.  His brother would kill him if he betrayed Radillos, but so far the young guard is content with his job.

He's fairly new at his job, just about two months now, on the recommendation of his older brother, who's also a guard.  He's in training right now, and already has two of the "flame" tattoos on his neck.

Arena Boss: Simon Kurzveldt:
A former fighter who did well enough--was cunning enough--to make it out of the arena and into a position where he could indulge his appetites for food, sexual partners, power, etc. He’s fat and self-indulgent, but also smart enough and sadistic enough to have destroyed all previous challengers to his rule. People sometimes misjudge him because he's fat and indulgent, then they realize their mistake of trying to get one over on him or cheat him or something.

He was the assistant to the former arena boss and was promoted after Radillos found evidence his predecessor had been in communication with another nearby warlord. The former arena boss protested his innocence, but Radillos had him hanged, drawn and quartered and his wife, mistress and children by both women sold into prostitution and slavery. Kurzveldt has no known family; an occasional sexual partner who claimed him as the father of her unborn child shortly after his rise to power suffered a fatal fall soon afterwards. There is no evidence linking Kurzveldt to either of these events.
Posted Image
(Idea by Ishmael)

Slave boss/trader: Damien Weller:
He is slim but well-toned, and about 5'10".  Age about mid-late 30s, never reveals. He's handsome with short, dark blond hair, piercing green eyes, and is very elegant looking. His fine features are tempered by a long scar down the side of his jaw and under his chin, which gives him a sense of having seen "life" instead of being just another handsome man. Damien is very charismatic, is genuinely friendly, and is interesting when in conversation with him. He possesses an artistic talent for painting and uses natural materials to make his paints/dyes.  His big, bold wall hangings are very abstract but very beautiful.  The only problem is he buys and sells other people for profit, and he sees nothing wrong with this. (Idea by Brit/Nikki)

Riders of the Glow: A band of ATV mounted roadwarriors who patrol the compound and outer region for ten miles. They ride in gangs.

Tripp:
He has a dark ponytail that hangs from the back of his bald head. A third eye in the middle of forehead improves his vision, but also creates a gaze that other makes other creatures tremble.  His skin is a very thick hide, and he has multiple body piercings. He's also very intelligent.

Nuke:
He's a hulking force of a man with a bald, misshapen (lumpy) head. He has a temper from years of built up anger. One of the very few things he likes is birds, and no one dares make fun of him for this. His skin is somewhat dry and cracked because he's resistant to radiation...the poison, not the heat. He's the one that always gets to carry the unfortunate soul to the crater for their punishment.

Kordoch:
Has tanned skin, green eyes and black hair with a prehensile tail, devil-like pointed tip. Age is unknown. Usually wears fur or leather clothing and is always armed with a fearsome array of guns and bladed weapons. He is cold, cruel and merciless. Enjoys picking on the weak and helpless.  He has an adaptive body-mutation that allows him to reduce or absorb damage like cut, bludgeon, piercing one at a time). (Idea by Mikoto)

Leonid:
In his mid-twenties, no one knows exactly. He's tall, around 6'3" and weighs around 250 lbs of solid muscle.  He's a human/lion hybrid that Radillos kept out of the arena for use in the Riders.  He looks mostly human with definite cat characteristics. He has a long, very thick mane of hair that covers his head, neck and shoulders. He has definite cat ears and his hearing is exceptional. His eyes are golden yellow with vertical irises which also gives him excellent night vision. He can't drop to all fours but he doesn't need to-he's incredibly fast and well-balanced with a lion-like tail for balance. His hands and feet have retractable claws that are formidable weapons in a fight. He also has very sharp teeth like a cat and his sense of smell is also acute. He wears black leather and chains. (Idea by Chatty)

The Army of the Bloody Maw (a militant group opposing Radillos):
Made up of escaped mutants and slaves, as well as natural mutants and humans from outside the compound who believe in destroying Radillos.

Raphael, 23: Leader. An escaped mutant from the arena games. Tall, well-built with especially strong leg muscles; has straight, jet-black hair. Grew up silent and very serious.
He had revealed powers that were beyond Radillos’s control which Raphael didn’t realize he had. Besides being a leaper, Raphael manifested a psionic power which threatened Radillos’ physical and mental safety. He would be the perfect assassin to kill Radillos except Raphael also has a pair of five foot bird wings which, although they don’t help him to fly, do make him conspicuous enough that he can not return to the compound to get close enough to Radillos to kill him. Raphael was mutated as an embryo and carried by a female slave until birth. His main caregiver would whisper of the evils of Radillos even at the risk of her own life, but Raphael took it to heart and grew up wanting to kill the evil warlord. At 17 he was engaged in a match when his mental power was dislplayed. The opponent, a much larger mutant, died instantly. Even as Radillos hid from view to protect himself, he ordered Raphael seized and killed. But the mutant managed to leap fantastic distances up and out of the arena to make his escape. He has spend the past four years building the Army of the Bloody Maw. They hide out away from the compound and are armed and dangerous; but there are some who have infiltrated Radillos’s compound on lower levels of the organization. They are not high enough up to inflict any real damage.

Aisha Duncan: Lead scientist of the genetic manipulation lab at Radillos’s compound.
Chad Duncan: Lead nuclear physicist in charge of nuclear power reactor.
Name: Aisha (Carmichael) Duncan / Chad Duncan
Race: Human, what was referred to pre-war as African American
Marital Status: Married (to each other)
Ht: 5’8” / 6’3”
Wt: 140 / 195
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Dark reddish with deep gold highlights from the sun and some threads of gray; worn long, curly, and pulled back usually. / Short cropped, gray, curly.
Complexion: Medium brown, some wrinkles.
Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tattoos: Have whip mark scars on backs from sixteen years ago. Four that crisscross.
Mutations: None, normal human.
Body Build/Other Distinguishing Features: Medium build, still slender and trim but some aging of her body. / Tall build, slender, slightly stooped but still strong.

Known History: At the time of the nuclear war fifty years ago, Aisha’s father, Charles Carmichael was a genetics professor at Washington State University, located within the town of Pullman. Her mother, Rashida, died in the war. Aisha lived with her father and other relatives/survivors in Pullman, surviving as best they could for the next 15 years, until she was 23.  She studied with her father and his books about genetics and cell biology.  She met and fell in love with Chad Duncan, whose mother, Nadine Duncan, knew Aisha’s father from working at the college.  Aisha and Chad married shortly after.

Two years later they had one son, Kurt; then two years after that, Charles.

Twenty-five years after the war, when the boys were 8 and 6, a second generation mutant warlord of the Mutant Arm of Radillos arrived in Pullman.  He built a loyal group of both human and mutant followers, among them Aisha and Chad Duncan. Much of their family (what was left) did not approve, but some friends and other family joined the organization that promised a better life than the hard existence they were leading. Aisha and Chad saw this as good for their sons.

Scientifically inclined individuals, such as Aisha and Chad, who understood the concepts of genetic engineering (Aisha) and nuclear technology (Chad) became Radillos's closest advisers when Radillos then took over the eastern town of Pullman, the site of Washington State University. Radillos and his guards gave everyone a choice, either join the organization or face possible terrorization at any time. Many did not join and have continued to eke out a living in Pullman, or pretended to support Radillos just to reap the benefits.

Aisha was at first given the job of studying mutants and mutations through their genes to bring to practice what she knew from her books, as well. Chad assisted in powering up the nuclear reactor to provide power to the compound. Aisha was forced to perform genetic experiments on her own sons, and eventually the boys ran away.  The parents were severely punished, then allowed to continue working after re-affirming their support of Radillos.

Aisha and Chad live in Dorm #2 in an upper “apartment” they’ve had since they first arrived. It is large and well-furnished. They seem to have a quiet, pleasant life and are top advisers to Radillos. Chad spends a great deal of time reading and visits the library often. Aisha is a pleasant woman, nice, and knowledgeable about genetics. She talks only about work and her books. Aisha doesn’t seem to want to deal with anyone’s personal issues and seems uncomfortable. Just seems a “bit odd” sometimes. Chad is quiet and rarely socializes, but he’s friendly and kind to others when he’s around them. Seems sort of vacant unless talking about his work or the books he is reading. Both refuse to set foot near or in the arena, but always have excuses.

Monks:
Prior Shou-Ren: 82 years old. Asian, shaved head, only about 5’6”, very thin but still vibrant, flexible, and capable of performing most of the martial arts the monks practice—at least slowly. He smiles a lot and when he does, his eyes crinkle mostly closed.
Shou-Ren was 32 at the time of the apocalypse and part of a visiting delegation from a Chinese monastery. They were visiting the City of a Thousand Buddhas in then-northern California, which was a mix of races but all dedicated to the Asian religion. After the war, the remaining monks (left home persons) and male lay persons persuaded toward the monastic lifestyle, the Chinese monks, and some visitors who chose to remain all joined together to survive. Shou-Ren emerged as an early leader, (along with Aiden).

After about ten years of struggling to survive and create a new home, the monks found themselves in the former state of Washington and discovered the mostly abandoned library on the university campus. This was 40 years ago. No one had bothered the books much—the people were still trying to survive—so the monks created a new monastery, Order of the Erlang Shen, which was dedicated to preserving knowledge for the future. This would give them a noble purpose while also providing a safe dwelling place.

Subprior Aiden: 74 years old. Tall, about 6’1” but also slim with a shaved head; Caucasian. He’s friendly and mostly deals with “outsiders”. He wears glasses which need to be stronger, but they are all he has. Tends to squint and looks rather geeky sometimes. Feels lucky to have what he does.

Animal/Human Hybrid Gladiators:
Cheiron: A centaur (Idea by Rae)

Leo: Lion-human hybrid - DEAD

Graayth: Wolf/human
He is one of the first attempts to produce a human with animal characteristics. A cross between a human and a wolf with large sharp teeth. He is a fur covered mutated human, not a werewolf. He has a reinforced skeleton mutation. In appearance he looks like wolf that walks and stands upright like a human, but can also drop to all fours (although is not as fast this way). Heavily muscled with sharp claws and teeth. His speech is rough and guttural. A fearsome gladiator and difficult to control. He is battlescarred and the pack leader.  (Idea by Mikoto/Brit)

Gascar: Chameleon-like
Chameleon mutant able to blend in with his surroundings so that you don't see him until it's too late. He doesn’t look like lizards but he can sort of blur his outline and take on the coloration of his background. His upper and lower eyelids are joined, with the pupil in the middle. He can rotate and focus separately to observe two different objects simultaneously. When prey is located, both eyes can be focused in the same direction, giving sharp stereoscopic vision and depth perception. (Idea by Brit)

Human/Mutant Gladiators:
Turin:
Has an exoskeleton mutation that shields his body like armour. Very hard to injure unless you hit him between the plates of bone that shield his body. Has reddish brown hair and blue eyes. Has been a gladiator for a long time and seems to live now only for the fight. (Idea by Mikoto)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 May 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#13 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

View PostChatterbox, on Feb 19 2007, 09:29 PM, said:

Rae can't sit it out, I hid her chair ;)
LOL!!!! Nice work :wink:.

#14 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:57 AM

Who hid my chair?????????? :devil:

Nikki - did you want some info on the centaur, or are we all happy that a centaur's a centaur :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#15 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:32 AM

^ :whistle:

And I was thinking along the same lines as you are about a centaur-guess I might need to think of something else ;)

#16 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:44 AM

View PostRaeven, on Feb 20 2007, 02:57 AM, said:

Who hid my chair?????????? :devil:

Nikki - did you want some info on the centaur, or are we all happy that a centaur's a centaur :D
Chair? :angel:

And just listing centaur is fine...unless *you* want to add anything in particular. Or unless this one has the horse's head and human body, which would, well, make it *NOT* a centaur I guess, then we'd have to start over :wink:.

View PostChatterbox, on Feb 20 2007, 05:32 AM, said:

^ :whistle:

And I was thinking along the same lines as you are about a centaur-guess I might need to think of something else ;)
We could use just some regular human-type mutants, too. Even just names and general descriptions to populate our arena 'cells'. Or a really mean, vicious, ugly Rider to go out and kick some butt!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 20 February 2007 - 06:45 AM.

#17 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:12 AM

unless this one has the horse's head and human body, which would, well, make it *NOT* a centaur
Now you've given me an idea-not a horse head maybe, but something else-lemme think on it and I'll get back to you, I have to get over to Gregg's.

If I get a more solid idea I'll post it, gonna be a bit busy today though.

#18 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

Nope my centaur is just a regular centaur - horse legs/lower body and attractive human head and upper torso :D

#19 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

View PostChatterbox, on Feb 20 2007, 06:12 AM, said:

If I get a more solid idea I'll post it, gonna be a bit busy today though.
PM me instead of posting, though :).

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 20 February 2007 - 05:58 PM.

#20 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:31 AM

*bounces around*
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users