• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

#41 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:49 AM

{{{{{{{{{Chatty}}}}}}}}}}}} :o

That's terrible! I'm sorry you're in such pain and that you need teeth pulled. Yeah, ouch!  Poor thing!!  :hugs: Just focus on what you need to do...we'll be here when you're feeling better.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 March 2007 - 09:55 AM.

#42 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

I'm going to be gone most of the day today...I'll try to get us moved ahead as soon as I can so the team outside the compound is working to get in and infiltrate. Sorry for all the 'talking' :blush:, but I needed to get some information out there.  When we move ahead, the team will be meeting with the people who'll take them in, so everyone will be having something to do!!

But still post about about getting things together or reactions to what's gone on if anyone is one today :D.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 March 2007 - 09:55 AM.

#43 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the well-wishes guys :)

It's a bit better today, even though the Lortabs are leaving me a bit loopy ;)

I'll be on antibiotics for about a week or so then the teeth come out-it'll be better in the long run, the dentist said if I didn't get them out I'd just be in for more trouble.

I'll just be on soft foods and liquids until the swelling goes down.

#44 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

{{chatty}}
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#45 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

{{{sz}}} :)

#46 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Aww Chatty so sorry to hear about your dental troubles.  Nothing is worse than toothache it is the most horrible pain.

I have finally managed to get a proper connection on our spare pc.  My own computer is not so good.  The bad news is that it needs a new motherboard.  The good news is that my hard drive is OK and I won't have lost any of my stuff.

If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#47 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:01 PM

Thanks Brit :)

It'll be all right, eventually ;) and probably cost an arm and a leg :p

#48 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

Yay! Welcome back, Brit!  But sorry to hear about your motherboard...at least the hard drive is okay, like you said.

#49 Caithness

Caithness

Nemo me impune lacessit.

• Islander
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

Sorry about jumping ahead, guys!  In the rp's I've played, I'm used to just doing my own thing, but this rp is so much more scripted.  Don't worry, though, I'm learning.
Posted Image

#50 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

Don't be sorry!! You're doing fine. This is a different kind of online game to be sure. I've never played the games you're used to, so it would be different for me, too.

I've sent you a PM with an idea... :D.

Oh, for anyone who's looking at the game and going "What? Where?" :wink:, we just got rid of the post and are going to do something different...I hope :angel: (Should be interesting, too :D!)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 08 March 2007 - 07:40 PM.

#51 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

i'm used to playing like cait, though i like how this RP is more structured. i didn't have enough structure in my RP and it sank like the Titanic... sigh...
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#52 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

Having been in rps to what amounts is probably a scarily long time, I learn there is a balance between free will and structure in an rp.

But Caith if it makes you feel better I haven't perfected this balance yet. It varies from rp to rp. I've messed up my timing a bit occasionally-ask Nikki.  ;)
Rejected and gone.

#53 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

Some news...and let's look on the bright side :wink:...now we all get a little mini-vacation :angel:.

We have to put a teensy hold on the game for RL to be dealt with...hopefully it won't take too long!! Keep those ideas in your heads, and watch for our return :D.

#54 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:44 AM

A mini vacation :D

*sets out the sun loungers and mixes the cocktails* ;)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#55 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:44 AM

Hope the real life issue is a good one and not a bad one.  

#56 Caithness

Caithness

Nemo me impune lacessit.

• Islander
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

I'll mix the cocktails while we wait.  Who wants a white russian?
Posted Image

#57 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

Can I have a black russian? please :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#58 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

No problem Rae ;)

Attached Images

• black_russian.jpg

#59 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

Gin and tonic with ice and a slice (lime not lemon) for me please.  Or a very dry martini with an olive.

#60 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:57 AM

Well!! Hi all!

The good news is that life is getting more organized and I'm working on making it even better for myself (so, thanks, Brit, it was a good 'issue' in a way :)).

The not so great news is that my free time is very limited right now. What time I do have isn't enough to run the game, as there are other things I need and want to do. I don't want to shut it down yet, though...I'm very attached and want to know what happens; but if I *can* continue (and I can't promise right now :(), I won't really know for a couple more weeks AND the game pace would be a great deal slower. For those of us that like a snappy pace :angel: (I'm at the top of that list!), it might be excruciatingly slow :wink:.

I apologize for keeping you all on hold for a week, as well as promoting and starting the game then cutting it off in the middle. I know we all had plans and ideas for our characters. I know this happens, but I was hoping it wouldn't happen to our game! It's great we've been playing since last August, I think it was :D, I love that. You all have done such an amazing job with your characters and writing and playing...I've loved every minute of playing with everyone. :hugs:

If anyone can't wait around, doesn't want to wait around, needs to move on to something else, or just wouldn't want to play anymore, I will totally understand...if I *can* continue this. I'll just have to wait and see a bit longer. So, again, I'm very sorry about all of this!!

Thanks to Caithness for tending bar while everyone waited  :cheers:

But I am still checking in to mod :purpleninja:.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users