Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Internet Addiction Treated with Electric Shocks

Health Addiction 2007

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

I'm personally on the Net more than 3-4 hours a day (read 15-20 hrs/week).  They'd probably fry me good.  :crazy:

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#22 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

Sheesh, how long do I spend on the interweb :unsure:

A conservative estimate would be 25 hours a week. Maybe between 20- 40 hours a week. Mostly on EI, emails, researching family history, fanfic, watching videos....and other stuff like that. Nothing particularly enriching. Wow...I need to get a life.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#23 Caithness

Caithness

Nemo me impune lacessit.

• Islander
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

I think they should just do what they do here and have a good ole intervention where ultimately, the addict has the responsibility to get help.  It's up to the individual to sink or swim.  Sorry if some people sink, but that's life.  Some people eat too much.  Do we shock them?  Some people chain-smoke.  Do we shock them?
Posted Image

#24 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:28 PM

^Lord, the electric bill would be through the roof if we did!

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#25 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

with wireless internet, whenever i'm awake and in the apartment, my laptop is on, therefore the internet is too. 7 days a week. when i'm at my parents' house, which has dial-up, i spend significantly less time on the internet. ;)
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#26 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on Feb 23 2007, 10:32 AM, said:

Keep 'em ignorant and keep them in line/off line and you have heaven on earth.

Nice bit of reverse psychology. ;)

The problem with that, is that heaven is boring and not necessarily conducive to creativity.
Assuming that such a place exists.

I think any one subject to this type of discipline/torture will in the future have the right to sue.

Sue for what?

What they might have done with the patient is sign him up for sports or art classes. No one ever imprisoned someone for kicking a ball around or painting pretty pictures, which can be just as addictive as the internet.

And more productive.

#27 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:53 AM

View PostCaithness, on Feb 27 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

I think they should just do what they do here and have a good ole intervention where ultimately, the addict has the responsibility to get help.  It's up to the individual to sink or swim.  Sorry if some people sink, but that's life.
Agreed.

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Addiction, 2007

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users