6 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:52 AM

http://www.local6.co...603-060640.html

-- A police officer arriving at a bachelorette party because of a noise complaint was mistaken as the entertainment.
The partygoers thought Gainesville Police Officer Jamie Hope was the stripper, and they didn't realize he was legitimate until he drove away with the bride-to-be in handcuffs.

"They didn't go so far as to try and grab him," Gainesville Police Sgt. Keith Kameg said.

But they were wondering when the show would start.

"When he was taking her to his car, everyone thought he was the stripper and everyone said, 'OK, the warning has gone far enough. Are you going to start stripping?'" Kameg said.

The 30-year-old Hope, a married, six-year veteran of the force, was dispatched to the party early Sunday because of a noise complaint.

He issued a noise warning, and as part of procedure, he also ran a warrants check on the bride-to-be. That's when he found that the 24-year-old woman had an outstanding warrant for a violation of probation involving an almost 2-year-old open-container citation.

Court records show she had failed to pay $11 in connection with the citation, resulting in the probation violation and a warrant. The woman's bond set Sunday at $11, and she was released.

"He had to make an arrest," Kameg said. "We have to do that by law."

Said Hope: "I told her about the open container. Her friends, they were saying, 'I'm sure he's joking.' I guess she was waiting for somebody to tell her the joke was over. I don't think it hit home until we were actually in the car."

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:38 AM

ROTFLMAO! Thank the Divine they didn't actually um...grab him. :p :p
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#3 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:15 AM

You know, you'd think people would realize that a stripper wouldn't use words like "I'm giving you a warning for violating a noise ordinance," and then hand them a ticket for it.

I mean, come on.....

Oh well ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#4 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:16 AM

^

Next time I hear a loud party and feminine laughter, I'm going to dress up as a cop and head on over.

I could get lucky! ;).
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#5 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:22 AM

^ Better make sure you don't hear any masculine laughter too, first ;)

And if there isn't any, go for it ;)

Or else call me up, so I can ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#6 Techfreak Ziana

Techfreak Ziana

Mistress Matrix, Technophiliac

• Islander
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:40 AM

LOL!!!!!!  :lol:
<table border="0"><tr><td valign="top">Posted Image<td align="center"><font face="Verdana">-=-=-=-=-= Techfreak Ziana =-=-=-=-=-
<font size="1">3.12 GCS/MC/IT/L/O d- s-:- a? C++++ UL
P+ L+ W+++ N+ w+ M-- PS+++ PE Y+ D+
PGP-- t+@ 5++ X R tv+ b+++ DI++++ UF++</font>
"Exciting things are coming!" -Nikola Tesla</font></td><td valign="top">Posted Image</td></tr><tr><td align="center" colspan="3">Posted Image</td></tr></table>

#7 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:06 PM

I really feel sorry for this officer…  imagine how his buddies must be picking on him. :lol:
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Florida, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users