• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MovieImp

MovieImp

Ka-Bloomie!

• Islander
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

Marking my fifth year in a row, I will be attending DragonCon this year.  

Website is HERE.  They always have some great guests show up and I really enjoyed listening one year to Harlan Ellison rip people to shreds, Anne McCaffrey, the Firefly gals and guys.  If you were there when Nathan Fillion was given the finger by the entire room, you would never forget it.  Did I forget to mention the Mahito Bar at the Hyatt Regency where you can watch a Klingon stand by a Star Wars Officer by a SuperHero all having drinks and actually be somewhat sober until you stand up.  People watching is the best sport and keeping yourself from being caught having a Droid Card by the 501st Storm Trooper.  Who also can forget Buddy Jesus who shows up almost every year.  I hope Nathan Fillion can make it this year and I see Jamie Bamber will be there.  Lexa Doig and Michael Shanks are going to be there and Claudia Christian.  

Always a fun time but you need to get your rooms now.  They have expanded from two hotels to three hotels now and I know the Marriott is already sold out.  I have to admit it is a lot of fun even if my Mahito hangover wasn't.  Hope to see some of you there.

Julia
It's a Girl Thing Sparkle!

#2 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

We booked a room in January at the Marriott and I still feel like we just squeezed in!  This is only my second year, but I plan to be much better organized this time around- I missed so much last year.
---Tamara

Edited by Tamara, 19 April 2007 - 09:58 AM.

"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#3 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

Unless there is a pressing reason to go I'll be taking a break from Dragon Con this year.  But that means we stillwant al the dirt LOL
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#4 Berry

Berry

let's have a little less ritual and a little more fun!

• Islander
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:25 PM

James Marsters has been added. I will be there.  :)
And since this will be my 3rd year,I think I'll do costuming this time....unless it's as bleedin' hot as it was in '03.  :blink:
The thing is...you couldn't say "No",even if you wanted to. (Bobby Comfort in "Cool Money")

#5 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:04 AM

you forgot Ron Glass and Mark Sheppard from Firefly!  Mark is also part of the BSG group including Jamie and Katee.  Not to mention a bunch of my favorite authors.
---Tamara

Edited by Tamara, 15 June 2007 - 08:04 AM.

"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#6 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

I'll be there again, in the company of many Sorbo fans who don't post here.  I'll be taking full advantage of all the panels and costume-watching while a lot of them hang out in the autograph area for most of the con... to each their own!  Looking forward to many of the guests (and was before he finally committed - some potential filming scheduling conflicts delayed that).   D*C is always a blast!    I'm trying the Hyatt this year as I had too many problems with Marriott internet last year (might have been the construction) plus it'll be easier to drag camera stuff to and from the room!  Anything I should know about the Hyatt??  Funny how every "joe's motel" has free high speed internet but the expensive hotels charge for it....

It's always bleedin' hot!!!  From the crush of bodies inside and the weather inside!  Might bring some Drom stuff again but forget the full costuming - jacket, maybe!  I was a lot more comfortable in shorts and sandals last year.
Cats will never be extinct!

#7 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:28 AM

Looks like I'm going to be there too :)  Getting my flights booked this week and hotel sorted...
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

#8 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

just a note to say that Gordon Michael Woolvett will also be attending Dragon*con, its not been announced yet on site but he told me, and I beleive him ;)

I'll be there too...
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

#9 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

Nother note to say that GMW's short film 'Fracture', starring among others Laura Bertram and Brandy Ledford will be screened at the Dragoncon film festival - its a late entry so won't be in the booklet but do try and look out for any notices about it!
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

#10 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,537 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

^How cool is that?  Hopefully, he'll be pressing and signing some copies for potential buyers. ;)
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#11 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

here is the link to the report now on Woolvett bros...

Woolvett bros Dragon*con report
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users