OT Christopher Announcement Website 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,809 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 03:00 AM

Hi, folks... I just updated my website, and in addition to adding a page about my upcoming Star Trek publications, I've also added a new section containing a lot of the history papers I wrote in college.  I'm rather proud of some of them, while others contain or discuss ideas and aspects of world history that I think are worth sharing.

I'm a bit hesitant to mention this, since I'm sure some of you will rake my ideas over the coals, ;) but there they are for your perusal, and with luck they'll generate a little more historical discussion around here.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#2 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 03:27 AM

Nobody who majors or minors in history can get by without writing a paper that has 'peculiar institution' in the title. :lol:.

Thanks for these! I'll definitely take a read...
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#3 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:14 AM

You are brave to put your publications--nonpublished ones--on the net!

They look interesting though and congrats on getting published! :alien:  :alien:  :alien:
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,809 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:00 AM

Javert Rovinski, on Jun 4 2003, 12:31 PM, said:

Nobody who majors or minors in history can get by without writing a paper that has 'peculiar institution' in the title. :lol:.
Well, it's an interesting phrase.  But you have a point -- in reviewing these papers, I discovered that I did kind of adopt the jargon of historians.  I came across a few words in these papers that I've since forgotten I knew.  (And I've already forgotten them again, so I can't mention any examples.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Christopher Announcement, Website, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users