Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

New Jersey Governor Injured In Car Crash

New Jersey Gov. John Corzine 2007 Accident

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

New Jersey Governor John Corzine is seriously injured in a car crash. He suffered broken legs and ribs. The crash was caused by a hit-and-run driver.

Details still coming in...
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 bobdylanite

bobdylanite

Certifiably Bobsessed

• Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:49 PM

Whoever did that is going to be in for it, when and if they catch them...

I live in Jersey, and our town Mayor was recently hospitalized in critical condition, and now the governor...  Hasn't been a good month for the local elected officials...

I hope he comes out ok!
The machine guns are roaring, The puppets heave rocks
The fiends nail time bombs to the hands of the clocks
Call me any name you like, I will never deny it
Farewell Angelina, The sky is erupting
I must go where it's quiet.
-Bob Dylan

#3 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

I heard on the news that he was going to the governor's mansion to attend the Imus/Rutgers meeting.

Hope he recovers. Sounds like he was badly injured.

#4 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,326 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

:(

N.J. governor critical after SUV crash

By GEOFF MULVIHILL, Associated Press Writer 57 minutes ago

CAMDEN, N.J. - Gov. Jon S. Corzine was in critical condition Friday but expected to recover after his SUV crashed into a guard rail while heading to a meeting between Don Imus and the Rutgers women's basketball team.

Police were searching for a pickup truck driver whose actions were blamed for the crash on the Garden State Parkway.

Corzine, 60, suffered numerous fractures, including a leg, his ribs, sternum and a vertebrae, authorities said.

The governor won't be able to resume his duties as governor for days, if not weeks, and he won't walk normally for months, his doctor said. Fortunately, he did not suffer any brain damage, said Dr. Robert Ostrum, who performed two hours of surgery Thursday night at Cooper University Hospital.

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#5 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

Corzine wasn't wearing a seat belt. :sarcasm:

What an absolute MORON.  :glare:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#6 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

I just heard on cable-News 12 New Jersey-that Corzine's injuries could become life-threatening.

Yet again, a reminder...

WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!! AT ALL TIMES!!

If Corzine hadn't been so careless, his injuries might not have been as severe as they are now. I'm not saying a seat belt is a guarantee you'll be saved. I am saying that his injuries could very possibly have been much less than they were, if he had his seat belt on. And I find it interesting that I haven't heard about the condition of the policeman who was driving him to the Imus meeting with those students.

And Corzine is going to get a ticket for that. Let's hope he lives to pay it.  :rolleyes:

So-don't be lazy/careless. Wear that belt.  Got it? Good.

Rant over.

Saul

Edited by Digital Man, 14 April 2007 - 09:26 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

I was horrified to hear that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and that he usually didn't.  I hope that all the trouble lands on him, and not on the hapless state drivers who were caught between a rock and a hard place with him in the car.   :unsure:

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#8 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:56 AM

View PostNonny, on Apr 14 2007, 10:43 AM, said:

I was horrified to hear that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and that he usually didn't.

:rolleyes: :angry:

Putz!!!!!! :glare:

I hope that all the trouble lands on him, and not on the hapless state drivers who were caught between a rock and a hard place with him in the car.   :unsure:

Nonny

To be fair, my understanding is that a third vehicle was responsible for the domino effect that severely injured Corzine. I'm not letting Corzine off the hook, but I also think that the driver who initiated this should be caught.
Posted Image

#9 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

I'm a little slow this morning-the coffee hasn't kicked in yet... :p I forgot to add...

I actually got the sense that Corzine was pretty competent. This lowered my opinion of him. :glare:

First, we had to deal with Governor Jim Mc Greevy, and now this. :sarcasm:

I feel bad for his family. :( It's sad that Corzine had to have sense knocked into him like this. :(

Let's hope he lives to absorb the lesson of wearing a seat belt.. :(
Posted Image

#10 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

View PostDigital Man, on Apr 14 2007, 07:56 AM, said:

View PostNonny, on Apr 14 2007, 10:43 AM, said:

I hope that all the trouble lands on him, and not on the hapless state drivers who were caught between a rock and a hard place with him in the car.   :unsure:

To be fair, my understanding is that a third vehicle was responsible for the domino effect that severely injured Corzine. I'm not letting Corzine off the hook, but I also think that the driver who initiated this should be caught.
Oh yeah, that too.  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#11 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

Was he in the front or the back? State law requires seatbelts in the front...

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#12 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

he was in the front seat, and people around the incident are reporting he habitually did not wear a seat belt; hope he winds up all right, and learned a huge lesson in this. That Suburban didn't look so good in the 'after' photo.
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#13 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on Apr 14 2007, 11:48 AM, said:

Was he in the front or the back? State law requires seatbelts in the front...

QT

That's stupid. State law should require people wear seatbelts-PERIOD. Why should it matter if you're sitting in front or in back?!

:sarcasm:
Posted Image

#14 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

I'm sorry-I gotta be outraged here for a moment, about what QT said...

I find it incredible that lawmakers could be so mind-numbingly STUPID as to make a distinction that it should be OPTIONAL to wear seatbelts in the back.  :wacko:

I've been driving for more than 23 years, and I drive professionally as well. I've seen more than my share of nutball drivers on the road. This so-called "law" should be changed to include EVERYONE in the freaking vehicle.

And am I the only one who wonders why there aren't seatbelts on transit buses??  :wacko:

:wallbash:
Posted Image

#15 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

That's interesting. I'm sure laws are different around the country, but I've never heard of seatbelts being optional in the back seat.

Edited by eechick, 14 April 2007 - 12:57 PM.

#16 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

View Posteechick, on Apr 14 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

That's interesting. I'm sure laws are different around the country, but I've never heard of seatbelts being optional in the back seat.

New Jersey is "special" that way. :sarcasm:

:wacko:
Posted Image

#17 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

Actually I do not think the state should be telling people to wear seatbelts.  I do and have from when I first started to learn to drive when I was 15 that was 27 years ago. The seatbelt laws were pushed on us by the insurance lobby to limit their expenses on personal injury suits. (Remember if it is suppose to make you safer why have your rates not gone down?)

The state grabbed at the iead as it first let police pull over cars and write tickets to increase local government funding. As well as use it to get a eye closer to the inside of the car.

Yeah seatbelt laws are really useful by the state and insurance Companies.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#18 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

• Islander
  • 24,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

I didn't say that NJ Law does make back seat seatbelt wearing optional.  I just happen to KNOW that it isn't for front seat wearers.

The laws for seatbelt use, if you recall, were gradually implemented. First drivers had to be in belts, then front passengers. Then babies couldn't be in the front, and had to be belted in the back except for special cases where they could be situated and belted in the back.  Then children under 12 had to ride in the back.  Etc.  I don't know if the law has ever reached backseat passengers in ANY state, but I only know about NY & NJ - I know this was the general progression of the law in these two states.

I asked the question as I did, because as governor, he ought to be held accountable for breaking the seatbelt law.   It sucks for those who are supposed to uphold the law to circumvent it.  I still hope he gets through this ok, but am disappointed to learn that he was a front seat passenger ignoring the law.  That's been law for a while now.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#19 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

Maybe next time he'll wear a seat belt. I feel bad for him, but people ought to have more sense. We had an older woman here who died a couple of weeks ago from injuries sustained in an accident that would have only caused her minor injuries if she'd been wearing a seat belt. People never learn.  :wacko:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#20 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

nevermind.

Edited by Digital Man, 14 April 2007 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Jersey, Gov. John Corzine, 2007, Accident

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users