15 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

http://english.pravd...mnists/89728-0/

In a clear sign of its intent to reign in dissident American media personalities, and their growing influence in American culture, US War Leaders this past week launched an unprecedented attack upon one of their most politically 'connected', and legendary, radio hosts named Don Imus after his threats to release information relating to the September 11, 2001 attacks upon that country.

According to European reports of the events surrounding Don Imus that have gripped the United States this past week, it was during an interview with another American media personality, Tim Russert, who is the host of a television programme frequently used by US War Leaders, wherein while decrying the state of care being given to American War wounded stated, "So those bastards want to keep these boys [in reference to US Soldiers] secret? Let's see how they like it if I start talking about their [in reference to US War Leaders] secrets, starting with 9/11."

:look:.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

:D

I think Pravda would have had more respect for the way Imus was handled if the "US War Leaders" had, say, poisoned him.

:whistle:
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#3 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

Pravda, the tinfiol hat capitol of the world.  :blink:

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#4 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

To the American people themselves their remains no evidence that they know, much less care, about the dire state of their once Free Nation.
Luuuuuv her Spellcheck skills.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#5 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

View PostBalderdash, on Apr 15 2007, 09:41 AM, said:

Pravda, the tinfiol hat capitol of the world.  :blink:

:howling:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#6 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

View PostSpectacles, on Apr 15 2007, 12:20 PM, said:

:D

I think Pravda would have had more respect for the way Imus was handled if the "US War Leaders" had, say, poisoned him.

:whistle:

Mm.  Indeed.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#7 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

Ironic.  I don't think Pravda would know the truth, at times, if the truth bit their writers in the :censored: .  Gotta love the Putin party organ.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#8 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:47 AM

The Putin party organ

That was some rather unfortunate phraseology there, LC.  :devil:

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#9 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

*snerk*

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#10 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

View PostScottEVill, on Apr 16 2007, 08:47 AM, said:

The Putin party organ

That was some rather unfortunate phraseology there, LC. :devil:
Oh, well.  I could've actually meant it, then it would've been a helluvalot funnier.  :devil:

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#11 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

It is just as I suspected: 9-11 was planned by a group of nappy-headed hos, and only a grumbling mummy in a cowboy hat was privvy to the information.   It's clear now, as clear as the fact that the JFK assassination was actually filmed on a sound-stage that the Americans built on the moon during the Apollo mission.

Ingeeeeeen-yuz!

Cheers,

Zwolf

Edited by Zwolf, 16 April 2007 - 10:54 AM.

"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#12 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

View PostScottEVill, on Apr 16 2007, 09:47 AM, said:

The Putin party organ

Gee thanks. Now I'm thinking of borscht and butterbeans.

:barf:
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#13 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

^
I've only been to one Putin Party, and I really, really don't reccomend it.  Oh, sure, it was funny, and it might have been okay outdoors where there's plenty of cross ventilation, but unfortunately it was an impromptu thing in geometry class.  Mrs. Valedmar was not amused.  (Especially 'cuz she couldn't keep up).

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#14 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

View PostSpectacles, on Apr 16 2007, 09:14 AM, said:

View PostScottEVill, on Apr 16 2007, 09:47 AM, said:

The Putin party organ

Gee thanks. Now I'm thinking of borscht and butterbeans.

:barf:
Lost me there.  Do I wanna know?   :look:
Posted Image

#15 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

While this had nothing to do with his being fired, Imus has constantly been behind the soldiers more then any other american media show. Constantly harping on the low payout death benifits, and riding the govenment on the mess at Walter Reed.

He reported a story, after an article by Robert Kennedy Jr., about the possible effects of Mercury in shots. The next day, there was a story in the Wall Street Journel, saying that his Ranch For Kids With Cancer was being investegated. Turned out to be the once a year IRS thing.

He's called everyone in the Bush administration something. Chaney was Pork Chop Butt, and he called for them to answer for War Crimes. I don't believe they had a hand in what happened, but I have no doubt the Administration is happy to see him go. There wont be anyone holding their feet to the fire like he did every morning.
Can't Touch This!!

#16 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

View PostKosh, on Apr 17 2007, 07:50 AM, said:

While this had nothing to do with his being fired, Imus has constantly been behind the soldiers more then any other american media show. Constantly harping on the low payout death benifits, and riding the govenment on the mess at Walter Reed.

He reported a story, after an article by Robert Kennedy Jr., about the possible effects of Mercury in shots. The next day, there was a story in the Wall Street Journel, saying that his Ranch For Kids With Cancer was being investegated. Turned out to be the once a year IRS thing.

He's called everyone in the Bush administration something. Chaney was Pork Chop Butt, and he called for them to answer for War Crimes. I don't believe they had a hand in what happened, but I have no doubt the Administration is happy to see him go. There wont be anyone holding their feet to the fire like he did every morning.
I sure hope somebody steps up.  As far as I'm concerned, the good he does outweighs the bad.  The words he uttered, as inexcusable as they were, are just words.  Government mistreatment of disabled veterans, government allowing harmful substances in food and medicine, and everything else he kept the light shed upon, serious problems that need to be solved and not just swept out of sight.  

Nonny
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Don Imus, 2007, Talk Radio, Media

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users