Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Worst Flooding in 100 Years-New Jersey/New York

Natural Disasters Flooding New York New Jersey 2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

We've gotten SOCKED with the worst flooding in over a century. Seven inches of rain has fallen here. I have no work today because of it.

To quote some lyrics from the rock band Tool-

Learn To Swim!!™

:boat:
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

You high and dry DM?

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:29 AM

View PostGodeskian, on Apr 16 2007, 07:27 AM, said:

You high and dry DM?

1) No, I haven't taken any drugs. :p

2) And yes-I'm quite dry.

:p~
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#4 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:36 AM

Boston - I woke up at about 3:30 this morning and checked my basement, which I checked several times yesterday. Water started coming in at midnight. Had to wake up a friend and borrow his pool pump; I should have gotten it during the day yesterday. Not nearly as bad as the Mother's Day flooding last year, but this time I got to it a lot earlier and this year it's not going to rain for 3 days. But it's pretty bad for a day and a night of rain.

#5 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:47 AM

I feel for everyone on the coastal areas. I'm way inland by a few hundred miles and the winds here in Western PA are fierce today--and we're on the distance back-end of this thing. Can't imagine what the winds are like on the NE coast. But I can tell this is a nasty storm just from where I sit on the edge of it. So y'all batten the hatches up there.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#6 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:52 AM

View PostSpectacles, on Apr 16 2007, 09:47 AM, said:

I feel for everyone on the coastal areas. I'm way inland by a few hundred miles and the winds here in Western PA are fierce today--and we're on the distance back-end of this thing. Can't imagine what the winds are like on the NE coast. But I can tell this is a nasty storm just from where I sit on the edge of it. So y'all batten the hatches up there.

Thanks, Specs.  :cool:

It's good weather...for duckies. :p~
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural Disasters, Flooding, New York, New Jersey, 2007

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users