• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:30 AM

View PostBroph, on Apr 28 2007, 09:06 AM, said:

Friendly Fire Likely Killed N.Y. Trooper

Email this Story

Apr 28, 1:33 AM (ET)

By MICHAEL VIRTANEN

(AP) Preston Felton, acting superintendent of the New York State Police, speaks during a news conference...
Full Image

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Friendly fire apparently killed a New York state trooper in a gunfight that erupted as he searched a farmhouse for a suspect in the shooting of a colleague, officials said Friday.

Trooper David C. Brinkerhoff was fatally shot Wednesday as he and six other members of the force's elite mobile response team searched a Catskill-area house where the armed suspect had holed up.

The 29-year-old and another trooper were shot by the suspect, Travis Trim, as the two entered the upstairs bedroom where the man had two guns, but it is one of the about 70 police rounds fired that officials believe killed Brinkerhoff.

The bullet from Trim's handgun hit Brinkerhoff's body armor, possibly knocking him down to one knee. Brinkerhoff, who was wearing a Kevlar helmet, was then shot in the back of the head with a bullet that may have been a ricochet, Felton said.

Whoops!

And 70 rounds to take down one suspect. What was someone saying earlier about Cho being a poor shot?

Likely they fired that many round in suppression fire so that the cops could move from cover to cover.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#42 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:56 AM

View PostG1223, on Apr 28 2007, 01:28 PM, said:

Spidey was pointing out HOW LAWFUL CITZENS are required to show these skills to gain a lawful permit.

Read his quote again:

"In some states, in order to get a handgun, one must pass a handgun proficiency test."

He implies that it's not possible to get a handgun without passing the test; I merely pointed out that it's not as black and white as that.

And you guys jumped on him about hail of bulliets to imply everyone and his mother would open fire like out of some movie.

Sort of like the police did in the story I just quoted?

The truth is millions of americans own guns we do not have millions of gun related deaths. We do not have millions of accidents with guns.

"The U.S. rate for gun deaths in 1994 was 14.24 per 100,000 people."

http://www.guncite.com/cnngunde.html

It's the greatest number of any country in the world. Is that acceptable to you?

We do not have such trust in the government to not suspect it of being tyrant waiting till we are disarmed.

You do realize that we're past the point where a couple of people with their own guns could actually storm the Capital to try to deal with a "tyrant government". A small group would be taken out in minutes or hours. A larger group would probably take longer while the legislature relocates to another place and continues the work of the government. In our society, firearms are not the answer to disagreements with our government.

But at least armed they have the right to protect themsleves and also the chance.

But do they have the right to be armed for that protection? What happened to running, ducking, rolling, etc.?

It is the assumption that people can react in a proper manner that is the basis for laws in this country.

Read the story I quoted above.

#43 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:19 AM

He was stating that in many states these test are required for LAWFUL citizens to aquire a permit. The guy down the street who sells guns illegally is not a valid way for LAWFULcitizens to buy a weapon.

Did you also check on auto deaths? I bet we led the world there as well. Want to ban ownership of cars?

4,200 deaths based on everybody in America owning a gun. Which is not the case.

At least 178 million people will die worldwide. Not just due to gun deaths but old age accidents too numerous to list and other ways. So gun deaths count for 0.0000236% of deaths world wide.
Awful big number. Yeah Right.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#44 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:12 PM

Yep. Doesn't matter if they're mentally unstable...just so long as they are lawful.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#45 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

If you can prove at the time of purchase you might have merit.But watch out for the unstable guy with that knife or car or whatever the weapon he chooses to use. Are we suppose to be victims of the extreme situation.

If so we need to find your one armed red headed psycho retart with his 7.62 rotary gun like out of predator. Because it seems you see him around every bush and twig.

It does not seem to matter than the people who are wanting these permits are willing to show they can be reasonably careful with the weapon. That they know how it operates and how to use it properly. They are unfit in your eyes to have a means of self defense.

I hope they which blade of grass your mass phantom killer is hinding behind.

The rest of the responsible adults might wish to defend themselves from the real criminals out there.  Such as the guy trying to kick in their door to get in. Or whatever other criminal act people find the need for self defense.

Or are their rights less of value than the criminal who does not care that you make guns illegal. What your going to send him to prison for life ....TWICE.

TANSTAAFL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Utah, 2007, Concealed Weapons

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users