• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 09:45 AM

http://story.news.ya...le_030606173244

The DoJ employees have been holding an annual gay pride event since the early 90's.

Apparently even though it was held last year and Deputy Attorney Gen'l Larry Thompson went to the 2002 event, it elicited a lot of criticism from conservatives, and there's now a brand-new "policy" forbidding any event that's not supported by a presidential proclamation. Of course, other non-gay special interest groups continue to meet there.

Ashcroft, who is notoriously anti-gay, is about to get slapped with a huge lawsuit, methinks.

Edited by Certifiably Cait, 27 August 2012 - 11:47 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#2 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 12:18 PM

I'm not sure if litiagtion is possible in this case; however, I do think Ashcroft's actions are inappropriate here...
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LGBT, Gay Pride

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users