Children Kidnapping 2007 Madeleine McCann Crime

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Dust

Mr Dust
  • Islander
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

Ok, apparently they have a suspect now...

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal are treating a British man as a suspect.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/6656451.stm

well I hope the are getting somewhere, finally....

Edited by Murphy575, 15 May 2007 - 05:29 AM.

[Insert Signature Here]

#22 Mr Dust

Mr Dust
  • Islander
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

Turns out that guy was just a scapegoat, makes it look like the police are doing something I guess.

Still wondering how comes some crimes get more publicity than others, even thou sometimes those un-documented crimes are far worse...
[Insert Signature Here]

#23 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

I am a guy lol!!!

• Dead account
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

Did anyone see the appeal for information adverts at the FA Cup Final? I mean, wow... I've never seen that before.

PROUD STUDENT OF SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNVERSITY

View PostRobL, on Jul 20 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

Every time I see a political thread I fondle myself just a little bit.............

'I honestly cannot justify that. You see, advertising isn't an art. Appealing to the English? Use someone from Hollyoaks and diss United. Scots? Talk about how evil Thatcher was. SNP is awesome etc. Americans? Well they be thick as sh*t so short sentences and shiny things and some Jesus helps too.. French and Germans? Talk about the war. Irish? f*ck that we can't sell sh*t in Ireland. That's frankly how it all works. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy you're dumping all this cash into advertising... I honestly don't see what you want me to do with it.  And also, that blip in the records in June was me buying monitors.-- never ask me to be 'brutally honest' about a budget.

You of course realise that anything you post here is comprised of ASCII characters? Each character is 7 bits with a parity bit making 8... I guess that's fairly meaningless to you which is actually the point. At most your sentence is a few kilobytes and considering I'm doing a file transfer of over a billion bytes right now those bytes making up your words are invisible with their insignificance, which is exact what I think of your post. Insignificant.

#24 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

sorry but i place full blame on the parents.  leaving three children under the age of three alone in a hotel room in a foreign country?  that's just crap.  they should have brought along a nanny or something--i'm sure these idiots could have afforded it.

it's not like they were throwing a party in their own home and they were in the next room.  they're damn lucky the kidnapper didn't have help and decide to take off with all THREE of the brats. :sarcasm:

i have no sympathy for their irresponsible actions.  and i'm disappointed that whatever passes for CPS in Britain hasn't taken the younger children and put them in a foster home.  which is where they belong since their own parents care more about partying than their welfare.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#25 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:06 AM

View PostShadowfire, on May 19 2007, 11:05 AM, said:

Did anyone see the appeal for information adverts at the FA Cup Final? I mean, wow... I've never seen that before.
Wow is this girl Christ reborn or something?

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#26 Mr Dust

Mr Dust
  • Islander
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

View PostShadowfire, on May 19 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

Did anyone see the appeal for information adverts at the FA Cup Final?

No, I think I was digging a hole in the garden at the time. Anyone know where I can see it??

EDIT: Found it

Edited by Murphy575, 20 May 2007 - 04:42 AM.

[Insert Signature Here]

#27 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:48 AM

View PostRaina, on May 20 2007, 09:06 AM, said:

View PostShadowfire, on May 19 2007, 11:05 AM, said:

Wow is this girl Christ reborn or something?

Nope, she's just another child gone missing, but for some reason the media really seems taken with her. I find it a bit depressing actually considering how many deaths and kidnappings don't even make the news. Somehow makes it seem as if this girl is more valuable than all the others.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#28 Mr Dust

Mr Dust
  • Islander
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:55 AM

^ Exactly, that's what I was trying to say, but Gode put it a much better way lol

What is so special about this girl?
[Insert Signature Here]

#29 Mr Dust

Mr Dust
  • Islander
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:59 AM

I am not sure if people know this but at the place where Maddy was staying with her parents

There was a babysitting service together with a 'dining-out' creche service in the evenings for children aged four months to nine years - parents eating in the resort's restaurants drop the children off and pick them up later - but the McCanns did not use these facilities.

[Insert Signature Here]

#30 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

View PostMurphy575, on May 20 2007, 02:55 AM, said:

^ Exactly, that's what I was trying to say, but Gode put it a much better way lol

What is so special about this girl?

i read in the newest People magazine that the parents went right to the media to get word spread.  i guess they think more media attention means she'll be found sooner.

i don't think it's about what's "special" about certain missing kids/people....it's that their families go to the media and beg to get them involved instead of waiting for the media to come to them by way of their hearing about it from a source.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#31 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

well some other kidnappings make the news, just not every top US site because some missing kids dont have a photo that looks like the McCann one ...........................
http://www.news.com....5005961,00.html
... but here's some sold/kidnapped kids found enroute to their new lives of slavery and returned to parents (even the ones that sold em????)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#32 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

I am a guy lol!!!

• Dead account
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

Oh, the FA Cup was watched by 45 million people... I get why they had the advert there.

Every time I see a political thread I fondle myself just a little bit.............

'I honestly cannot justify that. You see, advertising isn't an art. Appealing to the English? Use someone from Hollyoaks and diss United. Scots? Talk about how evil Thatcher was. SNP is awesome etc. Americans? Well they be thick as sh*t so short sentences and shiny things and some Jesus helps too.. French and Germans? Talk about the war. Irish? f*ck that we can't sell sh*t in Ireland. That's frankly how it all works. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy you're dumping all this cash into advertising... I honestly don't see what you want me to do with it.  And also, that blip in the records in June was me buying monitors.-- never ask me to be 'brutally honest' about a budget.

You of course realise that anything you post here is comprised of ASCII characters? Each character is 7 bits with a parity bit making 8... I guess that's fairly meaningless to you which is actually the point. At most your sentence is a few kilobytes and considering I'm doing a file transfer of over a billion bytes right now those bytes making up your words are invisible with their insignificance, which is exact what I think of your post. Insignificant.

#33 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:39 AM

It's been three weeks. Despite the fact that the parents still hope she's safe and taken care off, I can't help but feel the exact opposite. It's been three weeks while one of the largest media-pushed searches happens, and I can't imagine any kidnapper going so completely unnoticed if he still had her alive.

But I can't decide if that makes me morbid or not. I mean I want her to be alive, but I can't actually bring myself to believe it.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#34 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

I agree with everyone who is calling the parents MORONS for what they did-ESPECIALLY with what Rhea & Picturesque Poison wrote. You two SO nailed it on the head. :grr:

View PostFlatlandDan, on May 14 2007, 06:15 AM, said:

They are not unfit parents and I don't think the kids should be taken away from them.

(DM chuckles very harshly)

Do you REALLY want to know what I think about that? On second thought, all I'll say is that this seems like child endangerment to me. In the USA, in some instances, kids will end up being put in foster homes or with other relatives while the parents are disciplined.

Sure-the parents are now going through a living hell. But they brought it upon themselves, in this case. Period.

Picturesque Poison writes:

As was put so elegantly by my Aunt, "when you have kids your life is over for 18 years, you have a duty to protect children and they come before anything", you don't scoot off to a restaurant when the kids are asleep and alone.

Thank you. Very well said.
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#35 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

oh I dunno, if this was usa i'd say she's raped and dead, you know those ones in california and florida in the news?
But: this smacks to me of something else; I bet she's alive, appearance changed and new name; that's a spanish resort, in europe, and they have markets :  they have child sale markets, and child/teen sex slave markets; you know start em out young ............... Or, some traveling itinerant woman or couple or family almost like gypsies wanted an extra daughter, maybe their three daughters died? and bought her from the takers, or took her themselves. it could be like elizabeth smart over in utah, they took her and keep her and she's not sold or dead.

of course if she's off in some market, she may wind up wishing she were dead ~ just wish she's fed and not abused and might be found one day.
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#36 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:32 PM

View Postoffworlder, on May 28 2007, 01:23 PM, said:

But: this smacks to me of something else; I bet she's alive, appearance changed and new name; that's a spanish resort, in europe, and they have markets :  they have child sale markets, and child/teen sex slave markets; you know start em out young ............... Or, some traveling itinerant woman or couple or family almost like gypsies wanted an extra daughter, maybe their three daughters died? and bought her from the takers, or took her themselves. it could be like elizabeth smart over in utah, they took her and keep her and she's not sold or dead.

The child/teen sex slave markets is very possible-even likely. That's a big trade, from what I understand.  :(
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#37 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:48 AM

^ true.

parents have no one to blame but themselves.

Posted Image

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#38 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

I am a guy lol!!!

• Dead account
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

Madeleine got another appeal for information advert at the Coca-Cola Cup final yesterday...

Who is paying for this?

#39 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

Still the stupidest member of the party

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

People donating money. If I was the parent I'd be selling my home, my car, my furniture, to afford all this stuff they need to do to find her (like jetting around the world for example) but meh, the public happily forks out...
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Children, Kidnapping, 2007, Madeleine McCann, Crime

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users