43 replies to this topic

#41 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

View PostNonny, on May 18 2007, 09:24 PM, said:

Hey, anybody who wants to waste a bazillion of his own dollars splintering the GOP is okay by me.   :rolleyes:

Nonny

That's about all that happenes, splintering. The third party has no chance to win. It might be a good thing this time though, since it could off set Nadar.
Can't Touch This!!

#42 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Unity08 has an interesting idea, which is NOT to form a 3rd party, but rather to recruit one republican and one democrat (or vice versa) who will retain their party membership but run on one ticket.  Their goal is to run a candidate from the center.  I like the idea.

Spectacle's article posits a possible way for Bloomberg to win as an independent.  My only concern for his candidacy is that it takes a lot of time to get sufficient name recognition as to be the candidate of choice without regard to party - and the big conventions generate a lot of loyalty and interest.  Other than that - there are few independents I could suspect of possibly winning - but Bloomberg is one of them.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#43 Hambil

Hambil
  • Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on May 22 2007, 02:19 PM, said:

Unity08 has an interesting idea, which is NOT to form a 3rd party, but rather to recruit one republican and one democrat (or vice versa) who will retain their party membership but run on one ticket.  Their goal is to run a candidate from the center.  I like the idea.

Spectacle's article posits a possible way for Bloomberg to win as an independent.  My only concern for his candidacy is that it takes a lot of time to get sufficient name recognition as to be the candidate of choice without regard to party - and the big conventions generate a lot of loyalty and interest.  Other than that - there are few independents I could suspect of possibly winning - but Bloomberg is one of them.

QT
It's really too bad Powell won't run.

#44 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

It's really too bad Powell won't run.

Once upon a time I would have agreed with you, now I wouldn't elect him as dog catcher. He sold out his integrity to the Bush Administration and that I can't forgive or forget.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2008, Michael Bloomberg, 3rd Party Candidate, NYC Mayor

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users