#41 Sinister Dexter

Sinister Dexter

You win this time, Clerks...

• Islander
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on May 25 2007, 06:31 PM, said:

View PostGodeskian, on May 23 2007, 05:19 PM, said:

Petty maybe, but I could see the UN turning round and saying "Well, you went in without us, you can get out of it without us."

I would so LOVE to see that happen....Just to see the expression on Bush's face.
The end of the world in nigh: I agree with LoS...
Rommie: I just want a day where I can build missiles and tweak fire control in peace
Beka: We need to find you a hobby
Rommie: That IS my hobby

Daniel: She's Hathor, the goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music
Jack: Sex, drugs and rock & roll?

Moist Von Lipvig: Oh, all right. Of course I accept as a natural born criminal, habitual liar, fraudster and totally untrustworthy perverted genius
Lord Vetinari: Capital! Welcome to government service!

Mary Raven: ....your house smells weird
Dr Vukovic: It smells of SCIENCE!

Wooster: Why is it, do you think, Jeeves, that the thought of the "little thing" my Aunt Dahlia wants me to do for her fills me with a nameless foreboding?
Jeeves: Experience, sir?

#42 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

View PostSinister Dexter, on May 25 2007, 01:37 PM, said:

The end of the world in nigh: I agree with LoS...

*LotS faints*
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#43 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

View PostGodeskian, on May 23 2007, 03:45 PM, said:

You know, I actually find this whole concept amusing after having spent the last half decade hearing about how useless the UN is, to find Bush now wanting to go, hat in hand to the UN and ask for help.
Wouldn't it be fun if they told him sure, we'll take care of your mess, as soon as you turn yourself in for a nice crimes against humanity trial?  

Hey, I can dream.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#44 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

View PostNonny, on May 25 2007, 03:10 PM, said:

You know, I actually find this whole concept amusing after having spent the last half decade hearing about how useless the UN is, to find Bush now wanting to go, hat in hand to the UN and ask for help.
Wouldn't it be fun if they told him sure, we'll take care of your mess, as soon as you turn yourself in for a nice crimes against humanity trial?  

Hey, I can dream.

OMG! It IS the end of the world! I'm agreeing with Nonny.

*Looks outside his window to watch the end of the world*
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#45 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

I love it when we come together, reguardless of party.
Can't Touch This!!

#46 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

I gotta hand it to Bush:  he ran on being "a uniter, not a divider," and at first, I thought that was b.s.  But now I see it in action, and he was right, although perhaps not in the way he'd intended...

People from widely-varying viewpoints and backgrounds and all walks of life are coming together in unity and agreement that George Bush is a soft-headed tit and a daaaaanger to all of us!   :D

It's morning in America... :)

Cheers,

Zwolf

Edited by Zwolf, 25 May 2007 - 04:07 PM.

"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#47 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Yeah Al Gore would have gotten us to cut our carbon footprint and gotten the world in such great shape that that Mexico China and Malyasia would be having laws made up to prevent illegal American workers. Why because there would be no manufaturing left in America.

And yes after his Summit at a Buddaist temple where No money changed hands(For Once) we would have a fair and safe peace worked out with the middle east. We would support them killing all the Israelies and the LUN would even go along as they usally demand that Israel open up channels of discussion with terrorist nations.

Yeah a bright shiney future With Alvin Gore. The second wooden headed man to hold the office in my lifetime. Right after Jimmy (I got the Hostages back by talking them to death) Carter.

Then there was John (I talk to forgien leaders but will not say who they are ) Kerry. Less said the better.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#48 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on May 25 2007, 01:06 PM, said:

View PostNonny, on May 25 2007, 03:10 PM, said:

Hey, I can dream.

OMG! It IS the end of the world! I'm agreeing with Nonny.

*Looks outside his window to watch the end of the world*
C'mon, we've agreed about stuff before.  I know we have.  I'm pretty sure we have.  Must have been traumatic for me too cuz I can't think of an actual example, but hey!   :rolleyes:   :p   :hehe:  
Nonny
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#49 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

View PostG1223, on May 25 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

And yes after his Summit at a Buddaist temple where No money changed hands(For Once) we would have a fair and safe peace worked out with the middle east. We would support them killing all the Israelies and the LUN would even go along as they usally demand that Israel open up channels of discussion with terrorist nations.
I know that temple well.  My Cal State U shared an Introduction to Buddhism class with them, and amazingly, we were allowed to hold it there.  We had a splendid banquet at the end of the semester.  The Taiwanese Americans of the temple were bursting with pride over the baby steps they were taking into the American political process, starting with the fundraiser for Al Gore.  Imagine their surprise when they discovered that only Baptists and other nonBuddhists were allowed to do that.  

I know the nuns who were treated like criminals for donating money because of that perception that nuns take a vow of poverty.  No, Catholic nuns take a vow of poverty.  Buddhist nuns receive donations so that they may practice generosity.  They were impressed by Al Gore, and decided to contribute to his campaign.  Because of their limited English and a cultural imperative to be agreeable, they were easily manipulated by their Congressional questioners, or should I say inquisitors, and probably still remain confused of their role in the whole mess, which was as racially motivated as it was politically motivated.  

I know that one of the members of that temple was March Fong Eu, a former California state legislator and our former secretary of state, and a woman I admire greatly.  The idea that her temple would condone the killing of Israelis is ludicrous and what does an American Taiwanese Buddhist temple have to do with the Middle East conflict anyway?  

Nonny
Posted Image

#50 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

No I did not mean the buddhist I simply meant that the democratic party which has had a pro-palistian attitude would with Gore likely taken such acts to the point we were demanding Israle open up talks with the terrorist launching rockets at them from Lebanon.

I see Al Gore as a pander to the folks who wanted Kyoto so badly they did not care about the jobs that would be lost in this country to make us Green at any cost.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#51 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

I'm glad you clarified that.  

Nonny
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bush Administration, United Nations, Iraq Assistance, 2007

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users