Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Texas Mom Hangs Herself and Three Kids

Texas Gilberta Estrada Murderer 2007

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:05 AM

It's a proven defense and condition....

But like all other previous defenses it tends to get overused.  An easy fix or answer.  And I think we tend to latch onto the easy answer too often.

In this case post-partum could have had some part but I'm really thinking...and this is personal opinion without having known her ....that is was just an accumulation of too many factors from the abusive realtionship to poverty, immigration status, and just life's general worries.  

There is never just one easy answer no matter how people may want it to be something simple, quick and easy to explain.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#22 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

View PostRhea, on Jun 2 2007, 12:10 PM, said:

View PostGodeskian, on Jun 2 2007, 11:28 AM, said:

View PostLord of the Sword, on Jun 2 2007, 07:22 PM, said:

View PostCardie, on Jun 1 2007, 07:49 PM, said:

So, probably in her mind, they all go to God together.

Cardie

Except that suicide isn't rewarded in the bible. It's the only sin that can't be forgiven. So according to the bible she would go to hell, while her kids went to Heaven. But, then again, she probably wasn't thinking very clearly.

Without trying to pick a fight over biblical specifics, I thought any crime could be forgiven by honest repentance and the accepting of Jesus as Lord and Saviour?

Depends. Not if you're a Catholic. You technically are not supposed to even be buried in sanctified ground. They used to bury suicides OUTSIDE the cemeteries where the regular folks were buried.

IIRC not in the Catholic Church.

Anyways Cardie didn't say Post partum DEFENSE she said post partum PSYCHOSIS (my emphasis is on the psychosis).  Sounds like she went nuts after a lot of abuse and probably a lot of depression that preceded the abuse and the kids (and she) paid for it.  What a waste.
Posted Image

#23 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

View PostUna Salus Lillius, on Jun 3 2007, 01:30 PM, said:

Anyways Cardie didn't say Post partum DEFENSE she said post partum PSYCHOSIS (my emphasis is on the psychosis).  Sounds like she went nuts after a lot of abuse and probably a lot of depression that preceded the abuse and the kids (and she) paid for it.  What a waste.

And the only reason I said defense was in response to LotS calling it an excuse.  And I paired that with the word 'condition' too.

Just thought I'd clarify that. :D

No where have I read anyone close to the case saying they think that is what happened.  Not saying that it could not have been a factor but none of us reading here (as far as I know)   are doing anything more than speculating that PPD (or psychosis) is what this was.  

And that is mostly because of the age of the youngest child.

Edited by trikay, 03 June 2007 - 11:02 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, Gilberta Estrada, Murderer, 2007

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users