• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

View PostHawkeye, on Jun 19 2007, 02:06 PM, said:

Ahh...yes, I have that, but I never played Angel of Darkness, so I didn't make the connection ;)
Be thankful you haven't played it. ;) The story is good and it's a great twist on the Tomb Raider premise (it's surprisingly dark) but it's plagued with tons of bugs and glitches. The controls are horrendous and camera is just as bad. The enemies are incredibly stupid and the stealth mode was pointless. It probably could have used another 6-8 months of development to be honest. It's a shame too because it probably would have been one of the best games in the series if they had been allowed to finish it. Thankfully I never actually bought it.

Edited by NeuralClone, 19 June 2007 - 05:31 PM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#22 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

I forgot to mention that I beat this last Thursday evening. As a big fan of the original game, which is a bit dated by today's standards, I was a bit disappointed by how short the Great Pyramid level was. Once you get past the wall running from hell section, the rest of the level really isn't too challenging. Still, the story is left open-ended. The pyramid is only one remnant of Atlantis and isn't the city itself. This new version of the story is already connected to Legend, is going to be tied into Legend 2, and future games by Crystal Dynamics. So hopefully we'll be able to explore larger Atlantean areas then.

It took me about 18 hours to beat, not including spending a while trying to figure out how to defeat the first few bosses (the later bosses had a huge cool factor but weren't overly challenging), practicing various moves, beating Croft Manor, and going back to look for relics. I still have most of the time trials to complete, as well as several artifacts to find. The targeting really only became a serious problem for me in the Great Pyramid while trying to kill the flying mutants. Due to the limited space to maneuver, it kept locking onto the switches instead of the mutants.

A few rough edges aside, this is a game Tomb Raider fans simply cannot pass up. So I'm pleased to say that I stand by my scores. :D

Edited by NeuralClone, 24 June 2007 - 04:05 PM.

#23 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

I regret I have but one life to waste infront of videogames.

• Islander
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

This new version of the story is also going to be tied into

Tied into what? I'm assuming you mean Legend :)

And yeah, that was the bit where the targeting was tricky for me too. Very annoying.
Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits, and Are melted into air, into thin air; And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind.

Posted Image

#24 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

View PostHawkeye, on Jun 24 2007, 04:56 PM, said:

This new version of the story is also going to be tied into

Tied into what? I'm assuming you mean Legend :)
Oops!  :blush: Fixed it. I meant to say Legend and Legend 2.

And yeah, that was the bit where the targeting was tricky for me too. Very annoying.
It'd be nice if targets would stay locked even if they aren't in the center of the screen, assuming you're holding down the target button. If they did that, it'd solve many of the problems with the current targeting system, which as I said before, weren't really all that apparent until that level. Hopefully they're working to address these problems in Legend 2.

Edited by NeuralClone, 24 June 2007 - 04:09 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users