Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 12:40 PM

^

Common sense is still alive!

Barely...
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#22 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:50 AM

An update on the situation.  Republicans seem to be hitting back at the fat tax.  They have proposed instead giving tax credits on fitness equipment and other health related purchases.  It would be a refund of up to $500 for all purchases in the area of health equipment, sports leagues, health club memberships.
The proposal is being called the “Big Carrot” compared to the Democrat’s big stick proposal.
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#23 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:51 AM

^

That's an EXCELLENT counterproposal, and one I can 100% support...

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#24 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:03 AM

Javert Rovinski, on Jun 19 2003, 10:52 PM, said:

^

That's an EXCELLENT counterproposal, and one I can 100% support...
It does make for a rather nice across the board tax cut and goes for motivating people without being intrusive.  Even Little League participation would warrant some level of tax credit.
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#25 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:06 AM

^

Agreed. This may deserve its own thread, so it gets the attention it deserves. It's a very conservative solution, IMO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diet & Health, Obesity, Fat, New York

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users