24 replies to this topic

#21 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:18 PM

^

I'd love to read another translation.  That's the only one I know of though but if you find more please post the links.

Lil
Posted Image

#22 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:24 PM

But CJ don't you understand America bad UN good and other such claptrap is what we are getting by the boatload and then revisions in the story when they get asked to prove their statements. Remember they have NO comment about the mass graves as a sign of reasons why this guy needed to be taken out of power along with his supporters.

They are not charging him as a person who committed Crimes against humanity. I mean the last timeI check buring children alive in a mass grave was not high on the acts that make you a pargon of virtue. The other mass graves and the use of chemicle weaposn agianst his people and these are documented but since it's americans pointing these facts out they somehow not worth as much.

As to moving the HQ I think it should be done and then talk to them about putting it back.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#23 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:29 PM

Reading the translation I posted a link to I confess that I'm mystified that Franks is a named defendant.

I mean, what precisely did he do?

Or am I missing something.

Lil
Posted Image

#24 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:31 PM

CJ AEGIS, on Jun 16 2003, 09:53 PM, said:

Shaun, on Jun 16 2003, 06:02 PM, said:

Except that is simply not true. Having read the complaint against General Franks I can find no reference to the use of so-called 'energy' weapons.
Care to provide the exact details and a link then.  Right now I?m taking the word of the Washington Times and backed it with citing the article. (They have yet to do a Guardian or NY Times).I?ve seen this report of energy weapons cited in several reports about the charges against Franks.
Sure they have.  The Washington Times was the paper that was flogging the "France gave Ba'ath officials French passports to escape" story, sourced exclusively from unnamed sources.  The State Department later confirmed that the story was completely untrue (and it's not like they'd pass up ann opportunity to make the French look bad).  

This is not a paper that's known for its reliability, which isn't surprising when one realizes who the owner is. (hint: he likes to marry several thousand couples at once)

Zack
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#25 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:40 PM

CJ-- I can't find any reference to the energy weapon on google news either. Heck, "energy weapon" only gets one hit, and it refers to tazers. Are you sure the story wasn't retracted?

franks +"war crimes" +bus also only returns one result. Either way, this has gotten very poor press coverage...

EDIT: Thinking about it, I'm forced to wonder if this isn't Yet Another Mistranslation spawned by the war. A missile does, after all, use kinetic energy. Mistranslated, it could come up as 'energy weapon'. That's my speculation, anyway...

Edited by Javert Rovinski, 17 June 2003 - 02:41 PM.

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: US forign policy, NATO

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users