• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:31 PM

Okay, I've finally decided I'm going to try and create an RP game of my own.

It'll be an Andromedaverse game on a cargo ship a bit like the Maru except not quite so banged up. The crew will be a group of cargo runners and mercenaries and the mission as such will be in pursuit of rumours of an intact Highguard warship. Their initial intentions will be to salvage this ship and either get it up and running or sell it to the highest bidder. Obviously things won't quite turn out as expected.

Characters can be of any Andromedaverse race or species and if you really want a species from another fandom or tv series, PM me and we'll talk. Ideally an engineer, a pilot, a medic, a weapon's officer and maybe a few 'tough guys' would be needed.

Any interest? Takers?
Rejected and gone.

#2 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

*raises hand*

i'd be interested in being pilot. :) or a mercenary...

Edited by szhismine, 18 November 2007 - 03:36 PM.

Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#3 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

Cool, welcome Szh.

Oh I forgot to add. This'll be a S1 - S2 era based rp. No freaky tunnel aliens, no gold pixies, no spur-less nietzscheans, no paradines, no seefra or any of that stuff.
Rejected and gone.

#4 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

Still the stupidest member of the party

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hmm I might join...maybe as a medic.

Edit: On further thought, yes, I'm in. And I'll be a medic if no one minds.

Edited by Pixiedust, 18 November 2007 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

Alrighty this is what we got so far... the list will be updated as people join so keep an eye on it.

Our ship is a custom-built cargo vessel known as the Ebon Hawk, fairly well armed for it's size, it can hold up to 12 crewmembers. We'll be starting out on Pierpoint Drift to collect supplies and dredge for information as well as kick back and have some fun. We've just come back from a previous pre-game successful mission so we've just been paid. We'll be going after the Highguard warship, Shining Path which is of the same class as the Andromeda Ascendant.

Captain: Miko
Medic: Pixiedust
Engineer: Chatty
Weapon's Officer:
Pilot:
Mercenaries/Crew members: Szh, G1223

Character profiles can either be PM'd to me or posted here. [Or preferably, both.] Don't worry too much about filling up certain positions. A small crew would have multiple jobs probably and I can make npcs or multiple characters of my own to cover any positions not filled. Feel free to make up your own planets/cultures where your characters come from. Just be aware of current major powers like Drago-Katov, Persieds, ect. You can use this as a rough guide for creating your character.

Name:
Species:
Eyes:
Physical Description:
Profession:
Skills:
Relatives:
Personality: [optional.]
Known History:

Edited by Mikoto, 19 November 2007 - 07:16 AM.

Rejected and gone.

#6 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

Name: April Zao
Species: Human
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Physical Description: 5'3, mid-back-length hair, mostly wears skinny black jeans and combat boots.
Profession: Medic.
Skills: Medicine (obviously), counselling, some engineering work, some martial arts.
Relatives: None known.
Personality: [optional.] Shy, good listener, quick learner, bad leading skills.
Known History: Orphaned at birth, grew up with perseids who tried to make her an engineer, which taught her some engineering skill, but despite their efforts, she turned out to be much more suited for the medical profession. She learnt to be a skilled medic on the Perseid homeworld, but decided she wanted to be among her own kind, and therefore left, eventually joining the Ebon Hawk.

Posted Image

Edited to add pic, and to add that April is vegan. (Perseids always struck me as the vegan type.)

Edited by Pixiedust, 24 November 2007 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

Alright, good for you, Mikoto! :D You'll do a great job as GM, and I'll be reading :)!!

#8 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

Interesting, I'm in.

How's about for Engineer-probably female.

It's getting late today, lemme think on a profile.

#9 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

Name: Denis Remillard.(Armund Valroux)
Sex: Male Race: Neitzchean
Height: 6'   Weight: 190lb
Skills: Hand to Hand and Ballistic Weapons. Tactics both large and small unit. Both space and ground.

Born and raised among the upper families of one of the Sabra Pride and knows of how to play the game and dislikes it inteasely. He sees the fall of the commonwealth as a deserved act on the part of the prides. He is in hiding because he wants nothing to do with it.

He is a trained soldier and went to what passed as the command and staff colleges of the his house before he departed for other places. He has no wives or children. As he arranged for a false gene scan to place himself on a list of lesser males. And able to leave with no one being the wiser.

Image: A Buffer Ben Affleck. Nice friendly voice ,smiles politely, Nice manners, Ruthless when he sees the need.

I want to try and play someone who is the good Neitzchean. He is loyal to the crew because he needs them to survive. But also because he likes them to a degree. He does not desire to run the operations or take over the ship. Those are matters which will draw attention to him as well as ruin his friendship with the captain.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#10 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image

Kaytee Prescott:

Human: Female

24 years old
Short, curly brunette hair
Brown eyes
5'7", 125 pounds, medium frame

Her clothing is generally (black) leather trousers, short leather boots, white t-shirt and leather vest.

She's an orphan, orphaned when she was a preteen, with no known relatives. She grew up on the streets of Earth, in what used to be known as the Deep South, and learned how things ran the old-fashioned way-taking stuff apart and putting it back together again. She keeps Ebon Hawk running and tinkers with other stuff in her spare time. She has a dataport behind her left ear.

Being from the South, she has a slight Southern accent, it used to be more pronounced but becomes less so the longer she stays with the crew.

She usually keeps to herself, she's not exactly shy, but she prefers her own company to the company of others-especially those of the opposite sex. She doesn't talk about her past or how she was orphaned. One thing she likes to do is play video games, she modified a PSP she found, along with a library of games for it, to a new power supply and plays it almost obsessively if she has a lot of free time on her hands.

She can hold her own in a fight, since she had to fight to stay alive while she lived on the streets. She has no formal fighting skills.

Edited by Chatterbox, 19 November 2007 - 08:37 AM.

#11 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:11 AM

Didn't realise we were supposed to find pictures, in that case, here's mine:

Edited to move image.

Edited by Pixiedust, 24 November 2007 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:13 AM

Alrighty, welcome Chatty and G'! Everyone's profiles look fine so far. I expect the game will be starting a little bit later on today. I think most of you know but I'll mention it anyway, I'm in England and thus the GMT time zone so my posting hours might be a little odd for most of you. Should be fine, I don't go to bed until quite late my time anyway.

And thanks Nikki. No chance of persuading you to join?  :devil:

We'll be starting out at Pierpoint Drift having finished our previous pre-game mission a day or so before. That mission was successful although it did involve "finding" a weapon's shipment and "giving" it to someone who wanted it. (Yeah we stole it for our not-so-cute Nightsider client.) We've been paid and so we'll be starting out just kicking back and having some fun. Visit bars, shops, stay on the ship or whatever.

I think that covers everything more or less. I have the storyline planned out and will be including little things for each character to do so nobody'll be left out! Also there'll be a few npcs about the ship. Feel free to use them if you need/want.

Edited to add: Pictures aren't necessary but they're useful when visualising each other's characters.

Edited by Mikoto, 19 November 2007 - 07:14 AM.

Rejected and gone.

#13 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:18 AM

I prefer pictures if I make a character, helps me visualize them better.

#14 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

And finally my own profile.

Name: Sally Elessedil
Species: Human/Nietzschean hybrid, female
Hair: Red
Eyes: Brown
Physical Description: Average height for a human female but short for a nietzschean. Has pale skin and is quite strongly built. She has bonespurs but she usually keeps these hidden under sleeves.Wears leather clothing or overalls depending on where she is or her mood.
Profession: Captain of the Ebon Hawk.
Skills: Basic hand to hand combat, gauss gun, gauss rifle, simple first aid. She can pilot both in and out of slipstream. Knows ships pretty well and can fix minor problems herself although she is no engineer.
Relatives: Unknown father "out there."
Known History: Sally's mother, Katherine, was a slave for the Drago-Katzov and her father one of the members of that Pride. She managed to escape with two other slaves using one of their own ships, taking the opportunity that presented itself by chance. They discovered the Ebon Hawk drifting in space while on the run from the Drago-Katzov. There was only one crewmember aboard the drifting cargo vessel and he was dead. There were no indications on what had happened but Katherine took the vessel as her own since it was still mostly functioning. She destroyed the stolen craft she'd been using and left the wreckage for the nietzscheans to find. She had Sally a few months later. Sally grew up mostly in space aboard the Ebon Hawk, stopping at many worlds and drift on jobs that her mother and the two other escaped slaves took on. During her childhood Katherine and the others gave her the best education they could and taught her own to maintain the Ebon Hawk and how to pilot. However when Sally was seventeen, Katherine and the others died on a job that went wrong leaving her to fend for herself. Fortunately Sally was nearly fully-grown and spent the next few years recruiting a new crew for the Ebon Hawk to work as cargo runners and mercenaries. The pay hasn't been great but its enough for the crew to live by.

Posted Image

Edited by Mikoto, 19 November 2007 - 09:17 AM.

#15 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:44 AM

And Szh's profile...

Name: Teyna Alaris

Species: Human

Position: Mercenary

Appearance: Caucasian, light brown hair, green eyes, 56, 120 lbs, slender and toned build, yin-yang tattoo on left shoulder, long scar down her right arm. Always dresses in dark colours or leather.

Skills: combat/martial arts, stealth, weapons, basic first aid.

Weapons: 2 handguns (one is a normal-sized gauss gun she wears at her hip, the other is smaller and concealable), gauss rifle, knife.

Personality: Serious but has a good sense of humor, methodical, organized, sociable, adaptable.

History: Born on Mobius. Was raised on the streets, and had to learn how to fight to survive. Her parents were part of a group who tried to overthrow Great Compass Venetri; most members of the group were killed in a raid, including her parents, when she was 14. She stayed on Mobius until she was 20, when she managed to stowaway on a cargo ship. She trained to perfect her combat skills and became a mercenary for hire, until she became a crewmember on the Ebon Hawk. Sometimes she takes odd jobs on the side, provided nothing can be traced back to the ship.
Rejected and gone.

#16 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:31 AM

Nice ^ :)

I'll probably amend mine now and then when I think of something to add.

She'll mostly remain kind of mysterious.

#17 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:37 AM

View PostMikoto, on Nov 19 2007, 06:13 AM, said:

And thanks Nikki. No chance of persuading you to join?  :devil:
You know what.....? I will totally think about it today. Maybe what I need is just to play and let you run the game this time around :angel:. I might even just use my Erica character that I used on the Trancer RP...she's been missing from that game, and this could have been something she was involved after leaving home.

I'll let you know this afternoon! :D

#18 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

cosplaytifa_2.jpg
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#19 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

And our two NPC characters. These guys are mostly in the background and we probably won't see too much of them in the game. For general information each crewmember has their own quarters, there is a kitchen, a small medical bay, an engine room and other general places one might expect to find on a spaceship. The Ebon Hawk can house up to 12 crewmembers comfortably so use that as a rough guide to the ship's size. (Really just think of a bigger, better kept Maru.)

Name: Jaren Kell
Species: Inari, male
Physical Description: Average weight and height with green eyes and black hair.
Profession: Mercenary. He does odd jobs here and there around the ship when needed. Mostly stays behind while doing jobs and missions to guard the ship and  keep things functioning. Is generally quiet and hardly noticable.

Name: Arion Clayton
Species: Human, male
Physical Description: Short, small with greyish blue eyes and brown hair.
Profession: Ship's cook. Arion can be found mostly in the kitchen and the tiny dining area. He provides meals and food for the crew and manages the supplies needed which he forwards to Sally every so often. He also generally stays behind on missions and jobs for the same reason as Jaren. He is friendly and gentle but knows his way around a firearm.

The game has started now so feel free to jump in. The main action won't start until we're settled. But don't worry, there will be things to keep you occupied in the meantime.  :devil:
Rejected and gone.

#20 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Everyone, I've sent out a group PM. If you didn't recieve this PM please tell me.
Rejected and gone.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users