• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#21 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:26 PM

Si frowned.....mages? oh you mean the magicmakers, I've heard of them, I didn't think they were real though..I wonder if Santa's talking cat was a mage or just a talking cat.

What are you?

"What am I? oh that's easy, I'm an elf, you can tell that by the pointy ears and my lack of height, all us elves are small...we work for Santa, we help him with the gifts...usually we stay on earth...but this year is special....she bit her lip...she wasn't sure how much she should tell Mia....she hadn't seen any of the other elves that were supposed to be here, nor had she seen Mrs. C.....this year we want to give gifts to the good Trancer children....we're ummmm what was it he said....diversi....diversisomething."

As Mia described how she arrived on the planet, Si's eyes widened

"a rip in time....oh my, that sounds nasty......and dangerous"

I'm hoping your Lord Santa might be able to help me...is he here?"

Si felt her cheeks flush.....elves were terrible liars

"umm...well...no he's not.....he's uh.....he's somewhere else...but I'll help you...first we'll do the list, all we have to do is find out which of the children deserve presents this year, that shouldn't take to long, then we'll find a way to get you back to where you came from"

#22 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

James was sitting in his office. "God if he existed I hate this." he thought. O'Neal's life had been spent in places few heard of and fewer ever wanted to go into. He remembered a lifetime ago that this was near the Yule celbration. It was a time of family he remembered playing with his siblings brothers and sisters gone to him now and he felt sadness at the memory.

Introspection of the past had not taken his pain away. He did not hate the holidays the others were having but he felt so alone at this time of the year. He of course went to the varius parties others threw but he did so because it was expected. He also worked the holiday as others usally asked for the time off with their familes.

But his current frustration came from having gotten his work done and he would not have anything to do for a few days.

#23 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Mia was intrigued and took another look at Si, then smiled. "An elf...well you're very cute," she said.

".....this year we want to give gifts to the good Trancer children....we're ummmm what was it he said....diversi....diversisomething."

"Gifts...ooh, presents! I love presents...I think your Lord Santa meant 'diversifying'...branching out, giving to more kids...expanding your horizons!" Mia exclaimed. "At least I think that's what he meant."

The girl dressed all in white noticed the flush in Si's cheeks. "umm...well...no he's not.....he's uh.....he's somewhere else...but I'll help you...first we'll do the list, all we have to do is find out which of the children deserve presents this year, that shouldn't take to long, then we'll find a way to get you back to where you came from."

"Hrm...he's not here, well that's alright. Perhaps there's someone else," Mia said, always ready to try a new idea. "Other leaders or something who can help. Thanks for offering to help, though! Okay, so this list first...we need to find the good children. Any of them ever pull my tail, though, and on the bad list they go!"

Mia paused to pick up two leaves and waved her hand over them. Suddenly two small cups of hot chocolate were steaming in her hand.  She sipped one and handed the other to Si. "Here, something hot to drink. Then I'll change back...sometimes it's easier to move around and do stuff as a cat. But, shhh, don't tell anyone what I am, okay?"

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 29 November 2007 - 02:07 PM.

#24 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

Dexter smoothed his long blonde hair down over his ears as he walked out of the trees. He saw Si ahead, walking with a cat who suddenly changed into a tall person. "Cool." He thought.

He was another of Santa's elves, his whole name was Poindexter-but everyone had shortened it to either Dex or Dexter, and he was sent here to meet with Mrs. Claus, but they couldn't be seen as they were-he had to keep his pointed ears covered. His lavender eyes sparkled as he ran up to his friend and he put his mittened hands over her eyes.

"Guess who!" He whispered, giggling.

#25 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

LoP activated his intercom and asked if the meeting room was ready. After hearing that it was, he smiled at the part of his staff who were present.

The meeting room is ready so let's take the holiday discussion into there shall we?

As a group they walked the short distance to the large meeting room. LoP nodded at the decorations and snacks that had been set up, just as he had requested. A large decorated evergreen tree caught his eye, he hadn't asked for that. He found himself almost mesmerized by the twinkling lights and shiny decorated balls on it. Moving closer he noticed many smaller "decorations" scattered throughout the branches. As he stood puzzling over the tree, one of the people who had been finishing the decorations stood alongside of him. She wore a shiny gold bell in her black hair and she smiled at the Trancer.

"Mr. President, I hope you like the Christmas tree. It isn't as big as the ones I remembered from my childhood on Mars, but it still fits the bill."

Ah, I haven't gotten to the Christmas tree in my study of you human's celebration yet Ms......er....

"Janet O'Toole, Mr. President."

Please, call me LoP, Janet. It is a very nice tree and it seems to be in a nice pot.

"Yes, my mother always used a living tree that we could replant once Christmas was over. Anyway, please enjoy it everyone and feel to ask my staff anything about Christmas since all of us came from the Sol system."

I will, thank you very much.

LoP walked over to his seat and sat down, the tree was in his line of sight and brightened his day. Christmas trees should become a Trancer holiday tradition, he thought.

Everyone, enjoy the food while we wait for the rest of the staff.

#26 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

Karmen walked into the meeting room and smiled. Alan hadn't wanted any decorations during the holidays, but she had seen so many around town that she knew what the tree was. "Very pretty, I like the living trees-using one cut down is so dangerous anyway, and the artificial ones just aren't as nice to me." She said.

She walked over to the table and got a plate of cookies, brownies and fudge, along with a cup of coffee with cream and sugar before sitting down.

#27 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

Si took the drink and sipped it carefully

"Oh my, that's good...thank you Mia...she looked up and smiled.....you're a good friend....don't worry I won't tell anyone what you are and you don't tell anyone what I am, it can be our secret......she had nearly finished her drink when everything went dark...she shrieked, then heard a familiar voice

"Guess who"

"Pointdexter you tricksy little elf"

She giggled as she prised his hands away

"You made it...I was getting worried, I thought I was all alone.....then I found Mia"

She took Mias hand

"Mia this is Dex, Dex this is my new friend Mia...she's helping me with the list"

Herk ducked out of the way of the snowball then ran towards Suki.....he put his arms around her waist and pulled her towards him
....have I told you how much you mean to me lately?

Celeste took a seat and smiled....she activated her comm

"Herk....you need to come to the meeting room now, LoP wants everyone here."

#28 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:11 PM

"Hello, Dex!" Mia said to the new elf that had arrived as she held Si's hand. She waved with the other.

She wondered if lavender-eyed elf had seen her change...then she figured a friend of Si's could probably be trusted. She picked up another leaf and waved her hand over it, then handed Dex a cup of hot chocolate.

"For you. It's cold out! Are you working on the naughty and nice lists, too?"

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 29 November 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#29 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

The trip to the command center had been fairly fast since the driver has stayed on the heated main roads so ice wasn't a problem. Mrs. Clause had suddenly realized that the cab driver would ask for some form of payment and she didn't have any. Worry crossed her face and was noticed by the driver. He smiled inot his mirror.

"I can see you aren't a native so I figure you don't have any local currency yet. Don't worry, all trips to the command center to see the President or his staff are free."

The vehicle stopped outside an elaborate purple building and the door hissed open.

"You have a nice Festival, Ma'am."

Mrs. Clause stepped inot the crisp, cold air.

"Thank you, young man. You have a Merry Christmas."

She turned and missed the confused look that crossed the driver's face just before he drove off.

As she walked toward the door a small child nearly ran into her. She smiled down at the purple child.

"Are you okay?"

Sorry lady, I'm supposed to meet by mommy next door and I'm late.

"No harm done. You go on."

The little boy ran off dodging around people walking the walkways. She entered the main door and looked around feeling lost in the huge entry. Where should she start?

#30 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

"Hello, Mia." Dexter said, and then took the hot chocolate. "Thanks! I love hot chocolate! No, I'm not here to help with the list, I'm here to-um-meet with someone, someone important."

He wasn't supposed to talk about why he was here with anyone, not even if they seemed to be friendly.

#31 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

"Important?" Mia repeated interestedly. "It's a secret, isn't it? I know about secrets," she said firmly. "I can keep them, I promise."

She looked from Dex to Si and back. The "13-year old" girl looked hopeful. Important people were usually good to know, especially if one had crash landed on a planet not even in their own time. Maybe if she helped her two new elf friends they could introduce her to the important person who could introduce her to Lord Claus--or someone--who could help her.

Or maybe not. Either way, Mia felt like playing for awhile and not thinking about 'back home'. It was so serious back home...here on the Trancer planet everything seemed like fun.

Mia let go of Si's hand and smiled. "When you're done with the hot chocolate, just crush the cups in your hands...they'll turn back into pieces of dried leaves and you can drop them on the ground. Oh yeah, and I'll be able to understand everything you say," she added.

Suddenly Mia began to shrink and her body seemed to fold in half. Within seconds she was a white cat with light brown ears again standing in the snow between the two elves. She looked up at them and gave a short, bright-sounding meow. Then she twined herself around Dex's legs and around Si's. Looking at Dex one more time, Mia said, *Hear me, Dex?* to see if he, too, could understand her in her cat form.

#32 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

"Yes, I hear you." Dexter said to the 'cat'. He really liked her, but orders were orders.

"So, you haven't seen anyone else yet, you say?" He asked Si. He wondered what was keeping the rest of the elves.

#33 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Holo-Trance materialized in front of the lady dressed in red and white, her tail wrapped around her waist. She smiled at the woman even though she hadn't jumped to see someone arrive from nowhere.

Hi, I'm Trance. May I help you find something?

Mr. Clause smiled back at the person who seemed to be standing in front of her even though she sensed no person there.

"Hi Trance. I'm looking for your President, it is rather urgent."

Trance paused a moment while she sent a silent message to Celeste regarding the starnge woman who insisted on seeing LoP. Her built in security program required she contact either Jid, James or Celeste when someone she didn't know came asking for LoP. Her message would appear on the Nietzchean's comm with a slight sounds. Trance changed the beep to a song she had found in the database: Jingle Bells. The message read: Celetse, there is a strange woman in the main entry asking to see the President. She is dressed kind of funny, please come. I'll keep her here. End.

Trance motioned toward nearby sofas.

Please have a seat and someone will be here shortly.

"Thank you Trance. This is really a pretty city you have here. And the snow reminds me of home."

Mrs. Clause sat down and picked up a nearby datapad and began to read the news.

Trance stood silently nearby watching the strange woman, ready to contact nearby guards if needed,

#34 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:42 AM

Celeste heard a strange noise...she looked around the room looking for the source before realising it was coming from her comm....she glanced down and read the message from Trance....

She's dressed kind of funny?, what is that supposed to mean Trance?

She stood up and walked over to LoP

"Boss I've been summoned by Trance, there's someone who wants to see you, but I need to check them out first...I'll report back as soon as I know who they are and want they want"

She hurried down to the main entrance...she saw Trance standing to one side of the sofas and went over to her

"Trance she gestured towards the woman sitting on the sofa is this the lady who wishes to see the President?"

#35 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:48 AM

Si crushed the cup and gasped when it turned back into a leaf......I wish I could do that.....then she watched Mia change back into her cat form....she laughed...you are such a cute cat Mia, the children are going to love you....come on let's head into the city.

She took Dexters hand and held it tightly....she lowered her voice
...I haven't seen anyone but you...I wonder where everyone went......do you think Mrs. C made it safely? ...if she did, we need to find her...where would she go first?

#36 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

Mia padded softly through the snow, picking her way over the cold substance, staying near to Si and Dex. Her light brown ears twitched as she heard Si mention a "Mrs. C." and finding her. Perhaps the elves had to find this Mrs. C before doing the nice and naughty list, so Mia walked contentedly along with her white tail held high and straight. She would follow her new friends and help the best she could.

Suddenly Mia pounced on something in the snow, sniffed, then walked proudly on. She'd just proved her dominance over a dried twig. Life could be good when she was a cat.

#37 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:43 AM

Dex crushed his cup, giggling when the pieces of leaf scattered. He agreed that Mia made a pretty cat as he watched her change back.

"My best guess would be that she would try to see whoever is in charge of this planet." He said, squeezing Si's hand and walking beside her. How we find out who and where that is is another thing entirely."

Edited by Chatterbox, 30 November 2007 - 02:11 PM.

#38 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:01 AM

Trance nodded to Celeste.

Yes, she is. I'll leave her to you now.

Trance vanished as Mrs. Clause stood up.

"Hi Celeste, I am Mrs. Santa Clause and I really need to speak with LoP."

She smiled warmly as names began to filter into her mind. It still amazed her how, like her husband, she knew people's names when she saw them.

#39 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

Celeste frowned

"How did you know my name? how do you know LoP's name? Mrs Santa Claus...should I know you? the name sounds familiar, but I just can't place it"

She looked at what the woman was wearing and her frown deepened

"Is that some sort of uniform?"

#40 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:30 AM

Si laughed with delight as she watched cat-Mia attack a twig....I think I would like to be a cat, maybe next time I could be a cat....she turned to Dex.....if I was in charge of the planet I would live in a big house....she squinted into the distance......like that one with all the lights...over there....we could try there first...or perhaps we could just stop and ask someone to take us to their leader

Herk sighed

"Suki, my love, my life, apparently we're needed in the meeting room.....hoepfully we'll have time to play in the snow later....I have heard rumours of snow angels, I would like to see one of those."

He took Sukis hand and started walking back into the city.....

Si pointed ahead of them

Look people...we could ask them.....come on Dex, Mia....she started running through the snow as fast as her short legs would carry her

Herk heard noises behind him and turned around
....Suki am I hallucinating, or are there two very small people and a cat running towards us?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users